Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans eyeing Jalen Thompson, S, in Supplemental Draft

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This guy has talent and would fit as a slot cb as well. Supposedly 26 teams are looking at him, so he won't be a Texan.

Round 4, no picks.

If Texans wanted him I believe they should have taken him there BECAUSE he should get drafted here in the 5th.

I wonder if the Texans will bring in any of the remaining free agents.

Devonaire Clarington TE who committed to Texas in 2015 but academics never allowed him to stick. Transferred and finished at a CC (6-6, 250, big target and only 23. Could see what he has in camp)

Marcus Simms WR WVU appears to have some wheels but seems like more of a possession receiver. Seems like a solid prospect. 4.5 forty, 6.91 3 cone drill (would have finished for 6th among receivers at combine) and a 4.19 short shuttle which would have finished 11th at the combine for receivers. Has been arrested for 2 DUIs and a marijuana possession charge.

Shyheim Cullen ILB Syracuse - 6'1, 230, seems undersized and no real game film. Athletic numbers at his pro day but nothing else for me to go on.

Bryant Perry DB - Very little tape on him but looks raw. Not to mention the level of play is a question.

I would expect all of them to at least get a tryout with a team with Clarington and Simms having the only real NFL potential.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I wonder if the Texans will bring in any of the remaining free agents.

Devonaire Clarington TE who committed to Texas in 2015 but academics never allowed him to stick. Transferred and finished at a CC (6-6, 250, big target and only 23. Could see what he has in camp)

Marcus Simms WR WVU appears to have some wheels but seems like more of a possession receiver. Seems like a solid prospect. 4.5 forty, 6.91 3 cone drill (would have finished for 6th among receivers at combine) and a 4.19 short shuttle which would have finished 11th at the combine for receivers. Has been arrested for 2 DUIs and a marijuana possession charge.

Shyheim Cullen ILB Syracuse - 6'1, 230, seems undersized and no real game film. Athletic numbers at his pro day but nothing else for me to go on.

Bryant Perry DB - Very little tape on him but looks raw. Not to mention the level of play is a question.

I would expect all of them to at least get a tryout with a team with Clarington and Simms having the only real NFL potential.
Not going to happen.

Not Texans Worthy

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
No. Talent trumps morals with you. You would sign Ray Rice and Tyreek Hill if you thought they would help you win.
Yes

I'm not the NFL's morality police.

God'ell lets these guys play and you cant let them beat you. There's a reason K.C. is a favorite to win a SB.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Pat Mahomes.
I didn't know Alex Smith was elite. Anyways, an elite Mahomes vs an elite Watson with the talent Mahomes has around him vs what Watson had around him last year, give me Mahomes any day and that's with Reid choking in the playoffs.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I didn't know Alex Smith was elite. Anyways, an elite Mahomes vs an elite Watson with the talent Mahomes has around him vs what Watson had around him last year, give me Mahomes any day and that's with Reid choking in the playoffs.
Mahomes is without question the most valuable player in the NFL. Period.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So now we are believing the national media guys.

I guess we get to pick and choose what we want to believe.

Good thing Glazer/Schefter didn't report this. Because we all know they're hacks.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Angst over the Texans not changing how they go about acquiring talent.

Angst over not Texans Worthy.
You really upset over a low level supplemental not-pick?

Can't believe this thread still alive over a nothing not-pick

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You really upset over a low level supplemental not-pick?
Nope, not at all.

I'm upset because nothing has changed with the way the Texans go about acquiring talent. Upset reallisn't the right word, I just LOL at posters who even bother to post in threads like this there's no way the Texans org would ever make a move like this.

To think otherwise is just kidding yourself. Hell, they dont even have a GM how are they supposed to make moves like this/trades etc....

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Nope, not at all.

I'm upset because nothing has changed with the way the Texans go about acquiring talent. Upset reallisn't the right word, I just LOL at posters who even bother to post in threads like this there's no way the Texans org would ever make a move like this.

To think otherwise is just kidding yourself. Hell, they dont even have a GM how are they supposed to make moves like this/trades etc....
If they put in the same round bid, doesn't that mean they valued the same? You're getting ridiculous with your 'not Texans worthy' suppositions.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If they put in the same round bid, doesn't that mean they valued the same? You're getting ridiculous with your 'not Texans worthy' suppositions.
Always the bridesmaid never the bride should be the Texans new theme song instead of that hokey It's Football Time in Texas. They're a passive org, lead by a passive owner who wouldn't even stand up and get his man for the GM position. Who is the GM right now speaking of this? It sure doesn't bode well for the upcoming season. I think you would even admit this.

Hopefully WFV/Coutee stay healthy this season because tell me who's in charge of finding the next Carter to fill in for them? Cant answer this one can you? Simply put this org is a clusterfvck and it shouldn't be surprising since Cletus a guy who cares more about being a socialite than an owner that cares about bringing a championship to this city is in charge.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Don't be changing the subject in this travesty of a football thread
This is the most important fact of the Houston Texans org.

An unfortunate circumstance and an org staple. This is a mindset that has always come from the top.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
This is the most important fact of the Houston Texans org.

An unfortunate circumstance and an org staple. This is a mindset that has always come from the top.
I'm reading some pretty good over-the-top science fiction that your narrative would fit well in

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm reading some pretty good over-the-top science fiction that your narrative would fit well in
What's not true?

I will continue to point out the always the bridesmaid never the bride for you. Then maybe one day you will be able to admit the obvious.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
What's not true?

I will continue to point out the always the bridesmaid never the bride for you. Then maybe one day you will be able to admit the obvious.
Your truth is your opinion, not THE truth. Don't know how this applies in this case anywho

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Your truth is your opinion, not THE truth. Don't know how this applies in this case anywho
When have they ever made a move like this or been aggressive in FA.

If you expect what we've seen for the last 17 yrs then you understand why this franchise is going nowhere fast. Accepting is the 1st part healing.

BTW, how do you think this clusterfvck of an org who doesn't even have a GM and is basically letting BOB call the shots next yr and thru next yrs draft is going to do? Be honest with yourself.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
When have they ever made a move like this or been aggressive in FA.

If you expect what we've seen for the last 17 yrs then you understand why this franchise is going nowhere fast. Accepting is the 1st part healing.

BTW, how do you think this clusterfvck of an org who doesn't even have a GM and is basically letting BOB call the shots next yr and thru next yrs draft is going to do? Be honest with yourself.
Your'e a politician right? You only hear what you want to hear and then speak gobbledy-gook to make yourself feel better while ignoring the comments addressed to you

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Your'e a politician right? You only hear what you want to hear and then speak gobbledy-gook to make yourself feel better while ignoring the comments addressed to you
What did I fail to address?