Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Draft Rumors

The rumor mill is churning, and it’s saying the Texans are looking to trade into the 1st Rd.

A) Who do you think the targets are? What position?
- I think it’d have to be and edge or DB
- If I’m correct, I think they jump into the 1st round for Gross-Matos, Baun, Epenesa, Gladney, or McKinney.
B) What is the price of the trade?
- Obviously the 40th pick, and I think they package a veteran in there as well. Stills or Fuller? Gipson?
Honestly I’d prefer to trade back from 40 to get more picks, but it will be interesting to see what transpires.

badboy

Hall of Fame
The rumor mill is churning, and it’s saying the Texans are looking to trade into the 1st Rd.

A) Who do you think the targets are? What position?
- I think it’d have to be and edge or DB
- If I’m correct, I think they jump into the 1st round for Gross-Matos, Baun, Epenesa, Gladney, or McKinney.
B) What is the price of the trade?
- Obviously the 40th pick, and I think they package a veteran in there as well. Stills or Fuller? Gipson?
Honestly I’d prefer to trade back from 40 to get more picks, but it will be interesting to see what transpires.
on 610 they discussed Baun but I would not trade up for him. Epenesa perhaps if it took Gipson with the 40. Thing is IMO James Lynch brings similar to Epenesa so not sure I'd do that. I do not want to lose both 2.40 and 3.90 for 31.

on 610 they discussed Baun but I would not trade up for him. Epenesa perhaps if it took Gipson with the 40. Thing is IMO James Lynch brings similar to Epenesa so not sure I'd do that. I do not want to lose both 2.40 and 3.90 for 31.
I agree with you. I definitely don’t want to lose either of our day 2 picks.

Childress79

Waterboy
If I am the Texans I am calling up the J-E-T-S and seeing what they might give up for either Fuller or Stills. Their second (48) and/or two thirds (68 & 79) plus their need at WR makes them a possibility. Fuller for either 48 or 68+79? Fuller+40 for all 3 picks? Who offers that? Who says no?

Childress79

Waterboy
Note: I think Denzel Mims is a hell of a prospect at WR and I think fits Bob's profile. I also could see Claypool as a guy O'Brien likes.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If everyone saw what we saw the last two seasons, why would Fulton add any value to a trade?

badboy

Hall of Fame
If I am the Texans I am calling up the J-E-T-S and seeing what they might give up for either Fuller or Stills. Their second (48) and/or two thirds (68 & 79) plus their need at WR makes them a possibility. Fuller for either 48 or 68+79? Fuller+40 for all 3 picks? Who offers that? Who says no?
good call, I had them taking WR first and second round; however Reagor whom I had at 2.48 went to Eagles. Cooks and Cobb with either Fuller or Stills plus our TEs and DJ 1&2 should offer enough targets plus clear cap space. I'd prefer to move Fuller for 48 as I expect him to leave rather than get extension.

badboy

Hall of Fame
If everyone saw what we saw the last two seasons, why would Fulton add any value to a trade?
A radio guy yesterday said Fulton was a "quality" starter that had trade value. Not all but some of his issues were due to the rotation at RT when Howard went out plus Martin. I'd rather start a rookie like some of those mentioned in mocks on day 3 in Fulton's place. I wanted Trent Williams for RT and move Howard to RG. That saves a draft pick. O line need still brings a price; see Senio Kelemete, Giacomini, CHris Clark etc. They seem to hang around.

Childress79

Waterboy
What seals the deal for me is the cap room that would be opened up by trading out Stills or Fuller for a Mims or Claypool which could be used to get someone like Eric Reid or Darryl Worley to complete the secondary.

Childress79

Waterboy
A radio guy yesterday said Fulton was a "quality" starter that had trade value. Not all but some of his issues were due to the rotation at RT when Howard went out plus Martin. I'd rather start a rookie like some of those mentioned in mocks on day 3 in Fulton's place. I wanted Trent Williams for RT and move Howard to RG. That saves a draft pick. O line need still brings a price; see Senio Kelemete, Giacomini, CHris Clark etc. They seem to hang around.
I like Tyre Phillips as a plug and play RG in a power scheme in round 4 or 5. And then Cervenka in round 7 for depth.

Note: I think Denzel Mims is a hell of a prospect at WR and I think fits Bob's profile. I also could see Claypool as a guy O'Brien likes.
I’d be happy with either of those, but I also don’t want to neglect defense. There are a lot of good players still on the board, and we could possibly have the pick of the litter.