Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Defense is terrible. Absolutely terrible!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The above sounds like what I would tell Mom when I would get a bad test grade in school. "I knew the answer, I just wasn't thinking". It covers them that they are a bad player.
Agreed.

So as the parent, you still have to choose whether you believe the kid or not & act accordingly. So far, the only changes that have been made have been due to injury. Last two/three games, we finally see some competence from the defense.

As the owner of this team & any HC who might be looking at Weaver for DC in the future, he gets a C.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Agreed.

So as the parent, you still have to choose whether you believe the kid or not & act accordingly. So far, the only changes that have been made have been due to injury. Last two/three games, we finally see some competence from the defense.

As the owner of this team & any HC who might be looking at Weaver for DC in the future, he gets a C.
A generous C

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
On this OL.....Martin has been the weak link since his signing.

There's enough film on Martin that I hope the Texans wouldn't be foolish enough to pick up the phone and try to initiate a trade......the laughter from the other side of the phone would probably be as dehumanizing as the laughter Waterboy got when Insano found out he was 34 years old.

Texans must cut Martin....but a smart team might just try Fulton at Center for the next 2 games to better gauge the talent of this OL before seasons end. If Fulton exceeds expectations let him play games 14 thru 16. Center answer may be found on the cheap but I'm still drafting Dickerson (Alabama) if he's on the board in RD3. If Faalele (Minnesota) is on the board late in RD4 or RD5.....he's my pick to probably be set at RT while pushing Howard in to RG. Johnson and Heck could fill the depth chart as OT's. Qvale, Fulton and Mancz could provide veteran lineman for the interior.
Forget about using what little firepower the Texans have in Draft picks on Olinemen, because what we need is defense, what we need in the worst way, is defensive football players.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Last I looked he was also leading the league in missed tackles too .... and there's a difference between a tackle made at or near the LOS and one 5-7 yards down field in the run game - Same thing we used to complain about Jay Foreman , great stat sheet while the opposition ran roughshod over them ... but hey , he led the league in tackles! Give that man a raise.
And Morlon Greenwood. I think what it has also shown is he misses McKinney as well.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Is there anyone on the defense that is underrated?

And who is the biggest disappointment? My vote goes to Justin Reid. He’s become Kevin Johnson right before our eyes.
Reid is the biggest disappointment. On that 80 yard run. I immediately thought of Kevin Johnson. A DB who showed so much promise as a rookie and for one reason or another, each year, his performance gets worst.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Is there anyone on the defense that is underrated?

And who is the biggest disappointment? My vote goes to Justin Reid. He’s become Kevin Johnson right before our eyes.
Two things I’ve noticed he’s doing a lot of is over pursuing with bad angles and when he does get in on a tackle once he has help he lets up. I’m hoping he’s hurt because he’s simply stopped finishing plays.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Give that man a raise! $14.5m average salary over the next 4 years!

Cunningham ..... 86% completion rate against for 2020.

Passer rating against of 126.

A career high of 17 missed tackles.

Good Job there ....
This here erases all those tackles he made for sure.

Hopefully the next DC will be able help him improve in those areas. Highly doubt it though