Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans cut WR Kenny Stills!

Texansballer74

The Marine
I believe I've also focused on N.Martin's play this yr as an example. Hargreaves/Murray/Cunningham/Mercilus etc.... If what you are implying is true then you're truly blinded by me and I apologize for renting space in your head.

I noticed how you have somehow managed to somehow shift the debate from how Schaub was treated vs DW4 is treated to this BS.

Great job, houdini act at its best.
Delete

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Man if you don’t stop fabricating. And please stop trying to deflect when we all know exactly how you get down.
What am I fabricating.

Just call me a liar and say I haven't been criticizing the guys I listed, then go back and checkout the gameday logs. I would point to the Pittsburgh game in particular. Then maybe posters can get an idea of who's doing the fabricating/Lying here.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
There have been other teams that have made trades at the deadline, I just cant think of them off of the top of head.
I'm disappointed we didn't make one trade at the deadline with an eye on the teams future.

I understood you to be saying we should have unloaded all our big ticket players. Martin, Watt, Fuller, at the deadline, which is just unrealistic.

One or two. Maybe even three. If I misunderstood you, I apologize for pointing out what a really stupid idea it was.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm disappointed we didn't make one trade at the deadline with an eye on the teams future.

I understood you to be saying we should have unloaded all our big ticket players. Martin, Watt, Fuller, at the deadline, which is just unrealistic.

One or two. Maybe even three. If I misunderstood you, I apologize for pointing out what a really stupid idea it was.
I understand what you were saying

Explain to me why getting the most cap space possible/cap rollover is a stupid idea?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I understand what you were saying

Explain to me why getting the most cap space possible/cap rollover is a stupid idea?
You still have to have enough players on the team to play the games unless the Texans just forfeited every game which no one wants that....well maybe Miami.

Even in the last couple of days we saw how fast losing one player to trade/cut, Stills in this case, can suddenly blow up in your face. This is a weird year and the normal horse sense moves don’t apply. I mean look at poor Denver having to put a practice squad WR at QB AFTER the NFL said they couldn’t use a coach for the role.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You still have to have enough players on the team to play the games unless the Texans just forfeited every game which no one wants that....well maybe Miami.

Even in the last couple of days we saw how fast losing one player to trade/cut, Stills in this case, can suddenly blow up in your face. This is a weird year and the normal horse sense moves don’t apply. I mean look at poor Denver having to put a practice squad WR at QB AFTER the NFL said they couldn’t use a coach for the role.
Yep,

I would've played the young guys and traded the dead weight I could have and replaced them off of other teams and my own PS. For instance N.Martin replaced by Manz, WFV replaced by Coulter, Mercilus replaced by Greenard etc... The added PS guys would be depth pieces.

Texansballer74

The Marine
What am I fabricating.

Just call me a liar and say I haven't been criticizing the guys I listed, then go back and checkout the gameday logs. I would point to the Pittsburgh game in particular. Then maybe posters can get an idea of who's doing the fabricating/Lying here.

Deleted

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
They do but to be honest there is strong evidence thay BB, while a great coach, is not that great a GM and that his any player will do style doesn't work when he doesn't have the GOAT making them all look good.
To quick to judge.

They have a lot of draft picks and cap room they can clear out fairly quickly. I'm not sure BB is down for a long rebuild. I could see Jimmy G ending up back in Foxboro.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
To quick to judge.

They have a lot of draft picks and cap room they can clear out fairly quickly. I'm not sure BB is down for a long rebuild. I could see Jimmy G ending up back in Foxboro.
I'm not judging based on this year I'm judging based on the numerous draft picks he has missed over the years. Even one of the big reasons Brady left and Cam is struggling now is because BB didn't keep building the team and kept thinking it was good enough. It has also helped that they have feasted on the sad AFC East for 20 years so they didn't have to push to hard to get in the playoffs and even get first round byes. Don't get me wrong he is very good at getting the most out of players and fleecing teams but as far as drafting goes that hasn't been a great track record.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm not judging based on this year I'm judging based on the numerous draft picks he has missed over the years. Even one of the big reasons Brady left and Cam is struggling now is because BB didn't keep building the team and kept thinking it was good enough. It has also helped that they have feasted on the sad AFC East for 20 years so they didn't have to push to hard to get in the playoffs and even get first round byes. Don't get me wrong he is very good at getting the most out of players and fleecing teams but as far as drafting goes that hasn't been a great track record.
Agreed, but what he's been doing has been good enough. The difference between this yrs team and past teams is,

1. Cam isn't near as good as Brady.
2. Covid opt outs and hurt depth.

BB doesn't value the draft like others do. BOB wanted to do business like this but he's nowhere near BB as far as an in game tactician.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I would,

Because I dont consider beating up on the dregs or seriously compromised teams to be a great accomplishment. You feel differently and that's alright. Agree to disagree.

Les see how he performs against the Colts twice and the Bears defenses before we pass judgement. I understand losing WFV is a built in excuse.
The Patriots just beat Kyler and Lamar, but they're dregs too right? Coaching matters not only at the head coach position, but also at the positional level

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Agreed, but what he's been doing has been good enough. The difference between this yrs team and past teams is,

1. Cam isn't near as good as Brady.
2. Covid opt outs and hurt depth.

BB doesn't value the draft like others do. BOB wanted to do business like this but he's nowhere near BB as far as an in game tactician.
Also helped that after ring number 3 players wanted to play on the Pats because they knew there was a high chance of either getting a championship or at least a deep run and therefore making there value rise next time they were F/A. For this reason they often took cheaper deals.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The Patriots just beat Kyler and Lamar, but they're dregs too right? Coaching matters not only at the head coach position, but also at the positional level
I never said any differently.

This has been one of the biggest issues with the Texans org since their inception, every regime goes cheap on asst coaches. Particularly position coaches. If I could change one thing with the new regime it would be this.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
I never said any differently.

This has been one of the biggest issues with the Texans org since their inception, every regime goes cheap on asst coaches. Particularly position coaches. If I could change one thing with the new regime it would be this.
The lack of quality offensive coaches under O'Brien is telling. Coutee best year was when Wes Welker was on the staff. Sean Ryan did a great job with Watson and he left too.

I kept hoping that Jacksonville would fire Marrone. Not that I wanted Marrone to be the Texans' HC, I wanted him to be available for BOB to hire him as an assistant HC or OL coach. It's known that BOB and Marrone are best friends and if anyone could influence BOB or provide constructive criticism, it would be Marrone. In other words, I wanted someone on the staff that BOB trusts to save him from himself.

Texansballer74

The Marine
The lack of quality offensive coaches under O'Brien is telling. Coutee best year was when Wes Welker was on the staff. Sean Ryan did a great job with Watson and he left too.

I kept hoping that Jacksonville would fire Marrone. Not that I wanted Marrone to be the Texans' HC, I wanted him to be available for BOB to hire him as an assistant HC or OL coach. It's known that BOB and Marrone are best friends and if anyone could influence BOB or provide constructive criticism, it would be Marrone. In other words, I wanted someone on the staff that BOB trusts to save him from himself.
I think their friendship would’ve ended if he would have came here. Bill O’Brien control freak antics was too much. Remember him and Gaines were very close friends. That was suppose to be a match made from heaven. Lol we seen how that ended.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

I was hoping the same thing.

Also the defense and ST's had this issues as well. I mean having rookie OC/DC's this yr, what could ever go wrong?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I think their friendship would’ve ended if he would have came here. Bill O’Brien control freak antics was too much. Remember him and Gaines were very close friends. That was suppose to be a match made from heaven. Lol we see how that ended.
Gaine was fired for HR reasons and no there's no link to this. Kinda like there's no link to why Hopkins is gone but there were non football reasons why Hopkins was traded.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
What am I fabricating.

I mean you guys are fun and all with all this back and forth but I’m going to go out on a limb and say no poster will be checking old azz game threads to see who is being more truthful.

Where the hell you guys get the energy for this BAF I’ll never know but more power to you.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Gaine was fired for HR reasons and no there's no link to this. Kinda like there's no link to why Hopkins is gone but there were non football reasons why Hopkins was traded.
I do recall something being floated out that there was a possible harassment suit coming but it seemed to get squashed pretty quick. Doesn’t mean it’s not true but we just never got any details

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I mean you guys are fun and all with all this back and forth but I’m going to go out on a limb and say no poster will be checking old azz game threads to see who is being more truthful.

Where the hell you guys get the energy for this BAF I’ll never know but more power to you.
I just like pulling his chain.

Pointing out the truth is fun.

Kinda like when he said I only criticize DW4, nope I've criticized most of this team. Starting with DJ/M.Martin/Hargreaves/Cunningham etc... I've even criticized Watt for abandoning his run gaps so he could rush the passer.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I do recall something being floated out that there was a possible harassment suit coming but it seemed to get squashed pretty quick. Doesn’t mean it’s not true but we just never got any details
There was probably a settlement.

Texansballer74

The Marine
It was also said they bumped heads when it came to Clowney. Gaines wanted to give the man a new contract and Bill O’Brien didn’t.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Kinda like when he said I only criticize DW4, nope I've criticized most of this team. Starting with DJ/M.Martin/Hargreaves/Cunningham etc... I've even criticized Watt for abandoning his run gaps so he could rush the passer.
Dude stop the fabrication. You do not criticize those players in the same manner as you do towards Watson. You just started bringing up those players names. Man you’re indeed a character

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Dude stop the fabrication. You do not criticize those players in the same manner as you do towards Watson. You just started bringing up those players names. Man you’re indeed a character
Now we're into the manner that I criticize players.

So I didn't fabricate anything, you just didn't like the manner in which I criticize players.

What a world we live in. You can call somebody a liar, and say you dont the like manner in the way you criticize (Not the poster) but NFL players.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Just because I consider him to be a championship quality QB doesn't mean Lil Shanny does. The biggest problem Jimmy G has is that he's been injury prone.
Shanny took the ball out of his hands. That says alot of what they thought about him. Jimmy G needs props. He needs oline, run game, top flight defense. You're not a franchise qb if you need all that to win.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Yet that's exactly what some (Not you) on this MB say that's what DW4 needs.
Since Watson has been qb, where has his oline ranked? If the oline was middle of the pack, that would be a huge upgrade. What about run game? I haven't read a post from a poster that stated Watson needed to have a top 5 ol, dline, and run game. That's unrealistic to think a qb taking up salary can be surrounded like that. As long as the units are mid pack, Watson will be fine.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Since Watson has been qb, where has his oline ranked? If the oline was middle of the pack, that would be a huge upgrade. What about run game? I haven't read a post from a poster that stated Watson needed to have a top 5 ol, dline, and run game. That's unrealistic to think a qb taking up salary can be surrounded like that. As long as the units are mid pack, Watson will be fine.
I'm pretty sure they were middle of the pack atleast in the run game last yr.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Texazan

Our HOF 34

Well there is PLENTY to criticize with this organization, from top to bottom.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You have to understand that the Hopkins trade had nothing at all to do with talent or money.

It was done because he was a "bad influence" and that decision was made by Janice who capitulated to the demands of an individual who isn't even part of the team.

Obviously more people know about this than I previously thought as someone here hinted at it and I asked them privately and confirmed my suspicions
It really makes me wonder why the media hasn't broken the story. The media continues to run with the "its OB's fault" narrative .... rather than outing Mother Goose and the front office for their bush league way of doing business.
Egos, man. That's what a lot this comes down to. The over-inflated egos of very wealthy people. And it's this kind of meddling that makes it extremely difficult to have any kind of long-term confidence that they could ever stop tripping over their own feet to field a championship caliber team.

And when you look at the careers of the successful head coaches in NFL history, it is rare that any of them tolerate the proactive meddling of owners. Jimmy Johnson built a championship team and won two SBs, and quit in the middle of it because of owner ego. Then you look at guys like Belichick, Walsh, Landry, Noll, etc., and they all won multiple championships with owners that hired them and then got the **** out of their ways.

Schaub really did take a beating around here .... It wasn't until after he was gone and we suffered thru some really bad QB's that we realized how good he really was - He was unfortunate that he had to face two of the best ever so many times.
Schaub's misfortune was bad timing. He had some great weapons, but the defense was consistently bad. And once they hired Wade and brought the defense around, Schaub was broken.

I always appreciated him (until he became a pick 6 machine, of course), simply because we had lived through five years of HWSNBN and his poser BS. That was a fun offense to watch with Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, and Owen Daniels. Also had the best offensive line this franchise has ever had, too.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Shanny took the ball out of his hands. That says alot of what they thought about him. Jimmy G needs props. He needs oline, run game, top flight defense. You're not a franchise qb if you need all that to win.
:thinking:

I haven't read a post from a poster that stated Watson needed to have a top 5 ol, dline, and run game. That's unrealistic to think a qb taking up salary can be surrounded like that. As long a
You should probably edit your JimmyG post. That’s not the way it reads