Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans @ Chiefs - 2nd Round (And Round 2)

txtx

Waterboy
There was a lot of talk last week about the Texans being in the playoffs and the Cowboys not. Now the Texans are in the second round, and the defending SB Champ Patriots are not. But this will also be the second round between the Texans and Chiefs this year.

TexanBorn51

Veteran
I’m still in Kansas City the fans are pumped here. I’m heading back tomorrow. What a trip to be in the opposing team s country

Mangler

Toro de España
I just read a bunch of posts from Chiefs fans, (on Twitter) and they’re so happy that they’re facing us. They claim they’re on their “Revenge Tour.” I hope the Texans show up well prepared because KC has already written us off. They’re even predicting scores of 42-10, lol.

banned1976

sleeper mode
type of drugs are you on
Remind me who the NFL MVP was last year.
Mahomes is a better QB than Watson. Regrettably, Mahomes has the better coaching staff, too.

Mahomes and Watson, right now in their careers, are better than Lamar Jackson. As a Texans fan I would rather face Jackson than Mahomes.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I hope the Texans show up well prepared because KC has already written us off.
We know that is not going to happen.

They’re even predicting scores of 42-10, lol.
That's the way I see it. We shouldn't win this game. They are by far the better team. No one wants to say it, but Mahomes & Tyreek were gimpy last time.

I know it still counts & I know injury is part of the game.

But they're healthy now, their defense is playing better.

Jj should still be on a play count. We can't stop the run. We should not win this game.

I think we will. Don't know how. But they are the better team.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I just read a bunch of posts from Chiefs fans, (on Twitter) and they’re so happy that they’re facing us. They claim they’re on their “Revenge Tour.” I hope the Texans show up well prepared because KC has already written us off. They’re even predicting scores of 42-10, lol.
Let the fans say what they will....

I just hope DW or JJ print out all that is said and hang it up in the locker room.

The Texans will need to come out with a spark... not spend at least the first half trying to find it.

Hopefully the bye hurts the Chiefs come game day.

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
Not really sure it matters.... if we beat the Chiefs, we will be playing the Ravens next round anyway.... either way, the Ravens are in our path to the Super Bowl.
I would love that scenario. Because if we are facing the Ravens, win or lose, it means this franchise has made it to the AFCCG for the first time ever. I welcome that as a positive sign that we are moving ahead.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Not really sure it matters.... if we beat the Chiefs, we will be playing the Ravens next round anyway.... either way, the Ravens are in our path to the Super Bowl.
Unless the Titans take them out. That's not too far fetched since the Titans have already beat them this season. Before I jump to far ahead.......Texans better bring their "A" Game to Kansas City so they can duplicate their last success.

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
Not one and done after all...........

So many mistakes against the Bills, how we got out of that one I don't know.

Watson's gotta ball out of his mind to sneak this one out.... for godness sake protect the man.

GL to the Chiefs and the Texans. I want a good game.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
We know that is not going to happen.

That's the way I see it. We shouldn't win this game. They are by far the better team. No one wants to say it, but Mahomes & Tyreek were gimpy last time.

I know it still counts & I know injury is part of the game.

But they're healthy now, their defense is playing better.

Jj should still be on a play count. We can't stop the run. We should not win this game.

I think we will. Don't know how. But they are the better team.
Tell you what kicking fgs on the road doesnt work in playoffs. See buffalo .

I your post is how I feel.

We somehow pull this out like yesterday

I dont think OB will go into this looking to slow things down

RGV82

Random guy
The only thing that concerns me was our slow start against the Bills. Two slow playoff starts two years in a row.

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
The only thing that concerns me was our slow start against the Bills. Two slow playoff starts two years in a row.
Slow starts seem to be a theme with this team. However, lets not forget the horrendous start we had vs the Chiefs this season. That game should have been over early, but we eeked out a win after all. Now we face a healthy Pat and a better D than the first time we met them, but I am confident that if we eliminate the slow/bad start this time, we can go toe to toe with them again. Remember, Andy Reid is no playoff monster himself. We can do this.

RGV82

Random guy
Slow starts seem to be a theme with this team. However, lets not forget the horrendous start we had vs the Chiefs this season. That game should have been over early, but we eeked out a win after all. Now we face a healthy Pat and a better D than the first time we met them, but I am confident that if we eliminate the slow/bad start this time, we can go toe to toe with them again. Remember, Andy Reid is no playoff monster himself. We can do this.
3 of the 4 Chiefs losses this year came against the AFC South. I have a ton of confidence that we can win this game. I think we had a decent start against the Chiefs during the regular season. The first quarter was rough, but we were leading at half time. I think a huge factor in that win was that we kept their running game in check.... they only had like 50 rushing yards total.

RGV82

Random guy
It could have been a lot worse than 16-0 at halftime.
Exactly. Which is my point. We have solid seasons, but choke in the playoffs. Slow start yesterday, lost to the Colts in the Wild Card last year 21-7, and choked in the playoffs against the Chiefs in 2016, 30-0.

Bugman7star

All Pro
Every year is different. Our offense has played pretty well travelling this year aside from Baltimore and Tampa Bay. We also seem to do well against teams everyone thinks will toast us (again, aside from Baltimore). Remember, we came from behind to win at Arrowhead earlier this year. It will be tough to repeat, but it is possible.

RGV82

Random guy
Every year is different. Our offense has played pretty well travelling this year aside from Baltimore and Tampa Bay. We also seem to do well against teams everyone thinks will toast us (again, aside from Baltimore). Remember, we came from behind to win at Arrowhead earlier this year. It will be tough to repeat, but it is possible.
The game vs. the Chiefs during the regular season was an odd one. We dominated the 2nd and 4th quarters, and the Chiefs dominated the 1st and 3rd quarters.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
If I set aside my fan boyish enthusiasm for Watson and my negativity towards OB, I can still see a win in KC, especially if Will Fuller returns. Beating KC in KC is possible, but I don't give good odds for anyone going into Baltimore.

But, one step at a time I suppose. If Vrabel and OB both get their teams past next weekend, it will totally rock the NFL as I don't think anyone would realistically expect that.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Exactly. Which is my point. We have solid seasons, but choke in the playoffs. Slow start yesterday, lost to the Colts in the Wild Card last year 21-7, and choked in the playoffs against the Chiefs in 2016, 30-0.
Chiefs was Hoyer... & Ob man love

Last year we limped into the playoffs & our only healthy WR wasn't healthy.

Yesterday's slow start was not choking. That's how this team has been all year.

RGV82

Random guy
Chiefs was Hoyer... & Ob man love

Last year we limped into the playoffs & our only healthy WR wasn't healthy.

Yesterday's slow start was not choking. That's how this team has been all year.
Brian Hoyer is the greatest QB of all time! :excited:

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I know we don't get past the Ravens the week after, but the arrogance of the Chiefs fans, reminds me of Cowboys fans..... I want to win and the chaos it would cause in KC.

I know we can beat them even with a healthy Mahomes, they just need every bullet for the Chiefs and cant afford to put any in their feet..... shoot themselves in the foot the game will likely be over.

NastyNate

I go kerplunk
Mahomes had a gimpy knee, Tyreek Hill was banged up, and they were missing key components of their offensive line. Add to that their defense seems to have tightened up, while we've only lost defensive backs and offensive linement since then. I'm not holding out much hope, I think we get torched.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I just noticed

JJwatt & J joe are the only 2 players left from the kubes era defense and the orginal bulls on the parade defense

on offensive its just hopkins and his rook year 2013 was the end of kubes

total team overhall ...and it will prob happen again if the Billy o brien era can make it to 7 or 8 years

mws

Rookie
This may not be 100% accurate but I think these are the only players on the team that were here before 2014.

Jon Weeks - 2010
Johnathan Joseph - 2011
JJ Watt - 2011
Whitney Mercilus - 2012
DeAndre Hopkins - 2013

mws

Rookie
It's hard as hell to beat any team twice in one season especially one as good as the Chiefs.

If we win I'm going to start selling tee shirts with 'Lose, Win, Win - The Texan Way to the Championship' on them.