Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Bucks

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
I got an email notifying me that I could buy Texans bucks. 10 for 9 bucks. Sounds like a great deal to me!

I also very much like the idea of prepaying as much as possible. I've got our basic game expenses down PAT. I once came to a game with just 7 dollars in my pocket. That was the preseason Saints game last year. Bought me a souvenir soda and used the remaining $1.75 to top off the tank back getting home to Austin. Boy was I broke that weekend! I sure could have used Texans bucks that day.

Anyone have any experience doing this? What about getting loose change back from the odd priced items like a soda? Are there hidden restrictions? Etc? Rep for all viable input.

I got an email notifying me that I could buy Texans bucks. 10 for 9 bucks. Sounds like a great deal to me!

I also very much like the idea of prepaying as much as possible. I've got our basic game expenses down PAT. I once came to a game with just 7 dollars in my pocket. That was the preseason Saints game last year. Bought me a souvenir soda and used the remaining $1.75 to top off the tank back getting home to Austin. Boy was I broke that weekend! I sure could have used Texans bucks that day.

Anyone have any experience doing this? What about getting loose change back from the odd priced items like a soda? Are there hidden restrictions? Etc? Rep for all viable input.

Don't know about any of that dude, but I will trade you your ten for my nine all day long...

Your man-card needs revoking.

*gags*

Wtf? Dude, I was saying if you want to spend 10 bucks to get 9 Texan bucks, I will take that action all day long.

Have you been spending a lot of time with Brakos?

:facepalm: Nitro

Wtf? Dude, I was saying if you want to spend 10 bucks to get 9 Texan bucks, I will take that action all day long.

Have you been spending a lot of time with Brakos?

:facepalm: Nitro
Ummm okay. If you say so...

10 texans bucks for 9 american dollars, JB. It's a 10% savings if we prepay.

$#*@ing JB.

Ummm okay. If you say so...

10 texans bucks for 9 american dollars, JB. It's a 10% savings if we prepay.

$#*@ing JB.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought we were swapping 10 texan bucks for 9 texan bucks...

:drunk:

I think it was an 80% discount last year, we were going to buy some but never got around to it. Will probably do it this year.

What are Texans buck?

Monopoly money that you can supposedly spend inside the stadium. Season ticket holders apparently are granted the opportunity to prepay for their drinks and merchandise at a discount. 10 texans bucks for nine American dollars.

Monopoly money that you can supposedly spend inside the stadium. Season ticket holders apparently are granted the opportunity to prepay for their drinks and merchandise at a discount. 10 texans bucks for nine American dollars.
Got it. Thanks.

I saw the email but didn't open it up. Thanks for posting this thread though, because I would have probably forgot about it.

I too am very interested in finding out about any restrictions. I could see myself buying some to cover a few beers inside the stadium and then find out that you can't purchase alcohol with them because of some lame ass TABC rule. Actually that sounds about right.

*edit - after reading the email it says food and merchandise but at ticketmaster it says concessions, so I am guessing no alcohol sales which is fine but typically we don't eat that much inside because of the chow at the tailgates.

I saw the email but didn't open it up. Thanks for posting this thread though, because I would have probably forgot about it.

I too am very interested in finding out about any restrictions. I could see myself buying some to cover a few beers inside the stadium and then find out that you can't purchase alcohol with them because of some lame ass TABC rule. Actually that sounds about right.

*edit - after reading the email it says food and merchandise but at ticketmaster it says concessions, so I am guessing no alcohol sales which is fine but typically we don't eat that much inside because of the chow at the tailgates.

I open every single email from the Houston Texans. Then I allow them to molest my wallet.

*sigh*

C'mon, rep for anybody who has experience with Texans bucks.

They are hoping you won't use them all. 10% off of overpriced merch???

Gee...Thanks Bob...you are a swell guy afterall.

Wendy & I bought about 80 dollars worth last year. Let's just say that paying with them anywhere outside of the Pro Shop was a nightmare. Only Aramark vendors took them, and then the kiosk Aramark places looked like i was giving them "funny" money.

If the Texans get their vendors on board this year, all fine and good, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wendy & I bought about 80 dollars worth last year. Let's just say that paying with them anywhere outside of the Pro Shop was a nightmare. Only Aramark vendors took them, and then the kiosk Aramark places looked like i was giving them "funny" money.

If the Texans get their vendors on board this year, all fine and good, but I'm not holding my breath.

This is what I'm afraid of. Did you end up giving up and spending it somewhere you didn't really "want" to spend it? I'm still leaning towards making a Texans bucks purchase but your post is exactly what I want to know before determining an amount. I was thinking a cool hundred but that depends ENTIRELY on the answer to the next question.....

How did change work? Did you receive any or? Like for an item that cost 5.75 (soda)?

BTW, you earned green rep. I got more to give for other answers!

This is what I'm afraid of. Did you end up giving up and spending it somewhere you didn't really "want" to spend it? I'm still leaning towards making a Texans bucks purchase but your post is exactly what I want to know before determining an amount. I was thinking a cool hundred but that depends ENTIRELY on the answer to the next question.....

How did change work? Did you receive any or? Like for an item that cost 5.75 (soda)?

BTW, you earned green rep. I got more to give for other answers!
The only places I got them to take them were the External Pro Shop, The Internal pro shops w/ permanent emplacements (ie. NOT kiosks) and the Aramark food places (burgers, chicken strips, cokes, etc.)

Back