Texans 2021-2022 W-L record (pre draft)

Win/Loss Record 2021-2022

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Without Watson- 6-10
With Watson- 4-12

My reason for less with him? If he plans to sit during camp and preseason at the least. The 2nd string QB is likely to be better in the new system. Hence more wins.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
i hope we trade watson get a haul of picks then tank LOL 1-15 :P that way in 2022 we are going to be a BEAST !!!

or or or

maybe we fight for respect again and obvs the goal will be to make the playoffs with or without watson

texanhead08

All Pro
I voted 0-4 hoping we do a cap purge and get rid of all the bad contracts to rebuild the roster the right way.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
I have no expectations for this team until they show me something. Talk is cheap, I will judge by actions. So far it is unclear if we will be better at personnel, contracts, free agency or coaching at every level. Then this "little" QB or draft picks thing is hanging in the air. I have chosen to not give a toss until the Texans show a level of competence I am not used to

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Tell who they get in the trade and who they draft and I can tell you what their record will look like. If they do a good job of drafting I would say 4-5 wins while the new QB learns.

If DW4 stays I would guess between 4-6 wins.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Tell who they get in the trade and who they draft and I can tell you what their record will look like. If they do a good job of drafting I would say 4-5 wins while the new QB learns.

If DW4 stays I would guess between 4-6 wins.
With Watson last year, if not for the porous defense and some bad luck (Martin's bad snap, etc.) they were a 10-11 game winner even with no running game

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I think some threads are created just because people like seeing their name and picture on the thread page.
Actually, this one was just curious to what members were thinking our record would be "as is" but you can subtract Watson too. Meaning, 2 separate options. Just as a feeler of what you think the team is capable of.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
With Watson last year, if not for the porous defense and some bad luck (Martin's bad snap, etc.) they were a 10-11 game winner even with no running game
The only difference between last year’s Texans & Tennessee was the run game. With a thousand yard rusher we probably win 9-10 games.

austins23

Hall of Fame
I'll play..
AFC East and NFC West plus the Chargers @ NRG and Browns @ Cleveland.

Maybe beat the Patriots again, beat the Jets, lose to Fins and Bills
NFCW is tough. Win one of these on a fluke.
That kid QB of the Chargers will kill this secondary, Loss
Lose in Cleveland
Beat Jags once, 1-5 in the AFCS

4-12
"Back to Back, BRIAN!"

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Tank the 2021 season to get a no. 1 overall pick, shed excess salaries, and start rebuilding the roster from scratch for the new offensive and defensive schemes.

It sucks to 'tank' a season, but it's like a bandaid. Just rip that sucker off and deal with the short term pain for the long term gain.

This team needs a lot - including serious cap relief - so immediate gratification and pricey free agents are off the table.

Suck it up, Texans fans. Undoing O'Brien's legacy is not going to be quick and easy.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'll play..
AFC East and NFC West plus the Chargers @ NRG and Browns @ Cleveland.

Maybe beat the Patriots again, beat the Jets, lose to Fins and Bills
NFCW is tough. Win one of these on a fluke.
That kid QB of the Chargers will kill this secondary, Loss
Lose in Cleveland
Beat Jags once, 1-5 in the AFCS

4-12
"Back to Back, BRIAN!"
No problem with this at all.

Maybe 6-10 tops with DW4.

Gotta rebuild.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I would guess the same 4 or maybe a 5 win season based onthe schedule and with Watson still as QB1. Why? It wouldn't be Watson's fault as I could imagine him bettering his 2020 stats with another season of his current weapons. The defense would still lose games, K would still miss crucial XPT and FG's, and play calling would still be too conservative in the first half. Without Watson....1-3 wins at best.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Tank the 2021 season to get a no. 1 overall pick, shed excess salaries, and start rebuilding the roster from scratch for the new offensive and defensive schemes.

It sucks to 'tank' a season, but it's like a bandaid. Just rip that sucker off and deal with the short term pain for the long term gain.

This team needs a lot - including serious cap relief - so immediate gratification and pricey free agents are off the table.

Suck it up, Texans fans. Undoing O'Brien's legacy is not going to be quick and easy.
My forehead doesn't say "Hoover" I refuse to suck up anything.

Im going to kick, scream and mock them every step of the way.

montypython12.gif

They hired him, his incompetence was plain for all to see....yet... instead of replacement, promotion is what they gave him.

They want me to stop, give me a competent football team out there.... Id much rather cheer, but I will find my own entertainment if they dont provide the reason for me to cheer.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
My forehead doesn't say "Hoover" I refuse to suck up anything.

Im going to kick, scream and mock them every step of the way.

View attachment 8146

They hired him, his incompetence was plain for all to see....yet... instead of replacement, promotion is what they gave him.

They want me to stop, give me a competent football team out there.... Id much rather cheer, but I will find my own entertainment if they dont provide the reason for me to cheer.
lol You and me both, man. :heh:

I'm critical of both the Texans and Watson. But, Deshaun will eventually be gone like a cat running out of its litter box. And once that cat is gone, all we'll be left with is something very stinky. :kitten:

This owner deserves all the ridicule he's getting, has gotten, and will be getting in the future. The more I hear from him, and hearing his past statements, the more it makes me certain that not only is he not qualified to run an NFL franchise, but he will never be competent in running an NFL franchise.