Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2020 Final cut down, 53 man roster, and practice squad discussion

Weeks will be re-signed after moving some guys through IR.

Weeks was the biggest surprise cut for me but now its obvious they were just moving chairs.

Blackson just doesn't have enough sand in his pants to play the required position. He's better suited a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE than a nose. Not surprised he latched on elsewhere already.

Jordan Thomas isn't a surprise cut considering the depth at the position but I thought he might make it over Coutee or one of those end of the bench corners.

Mancz cut too .... can't say I saw that coming but putting him on the practice squad gives them some options.

I just noticed the Vikings cut C/OG- Pat Elflein. He’s the former Outland Trophy winner from Ohio St and Vikings RD3 picks. Injuries played a big part in his first 2 seasons (shoulder / ankle) and he’d just returned from a thumb injury. He was playing RG this season. LG last season. He was starting C his first 2 seasons. I would absolutely get this guy in for a physical and start prepping him to take over at C. He’s only 26 and should have some very good and inexpensive seasons ahead of him.

He arrived in 2017....starting at C, the same year Case Keenum led them (13-3) to the NFCCG. He was also named to the All Rookie Team. I'd easily say he's as good if not better than anything the Texans can claim as an offensive lineman and should be much cheaper than the rest except for Howard and Scharping.

Last edited:
I just noticed the Vikings cut C/OG- Pat Elflein. He’s the former Outland Trophy winner from Ohio St and Vikings RD3 picks. Injuries played a big part in his first 2 seasons (shoulder / ankle) and he’d just returned from a thumb injury. He was playing RG this season. LG last season. He was starting C his first 2 seasons. I would absolutely get this guy in for a physical and start prepping him to take over at C. He’s only 26 and should have some very good and inexpensive seasons ahead of him.

Why did the Vikings cut him if he could still play at a high level?

Back