Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2015 Free Agency

Source: Texans working out offensive tackle Matt Patchan

The Houston Texans are working out former Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive tackle Matt Patchan, according to a league source.

Patchan played collegiately at Boston College.

The 6-foot-7, 300-pounder played left tackle in college and was a second-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection as a senior.

He went undrafted and signed with the Buccaneers and was cut and then signed to the practice squad.

Patchan began his college career at Florida where he started eight of 27 games played.​

Source: Texans working out offensive tackle Matt Patchan

The Houston Texans are working out former Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive tackle Matt Patchan, according to a league source.

Patchan played collegiately at Boston College.

The 6-foot-7, 300-pounder played left tackle in college and was a second-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection as a senior.

He went undrafted and signed with the Buccaneers and was cut and then signed to the practice squad.

Patchan began his college career at Florida where he started eight of 27 games played.​
more depth??

2.-Aaron-Adams-OT1.jpg

Texans PR ‏@TexansPR
New Houston Texans OT Aaron Adams, an undrafted rookie from Eastern Kentucky in 2013, spent all his rookie season on @Packers practice squad

The Houston Texans have signed OT Aaron Adams (6-5, 303 lbs). He spent all of 2014 on IR w/ the @Packers after tearing his ACL/MCL in preseason​

Last edited:
I have nothing on that, sorry.

GB gave him a failed physical designation in April, but oftentimes that's done as a favor.

Sorry, didn't see this acquisition posted until I posted it in another thread.

But just to add a little to the information regarding his injury................it was not an isolated ACL tear. It was accompanied by an MCL tear and cartilage damage.

Sorry, didn't see this acquisition posted until I posted it in another thread.

But just to add a little to the information regarding his injury................it was not an isolated ACL tear. It was accompanied by an MCL tear and cartilage damage.
So another bad judgment call by the Texans medical staff?

Seriously? How can a guy who's most likely signed for the minimum, and no bonus - for an unfilled roster spot - under any circumstances ever represent a bad judgement call by anybody for anything? Isn't that kind of like characterizing a 7th round pick (or probably more correctly a UDFA) as a bust?

Under the circumstances, not exactly someone I would hang my hat on for much, but as ChampionTexan posted........if there is minimal risk and he is not taking another more promising player's spot, even if he only ends up a camp body, I believe that there's probably no real loss.

Under the circumstances, not exactly someone I would hang my hat on for much, but as ChampionTexan posted........if there is minimal risk and he is not taking another more promising player's spot, even if he only ends up a camp body, I believe that there's probably no real loss.
That was my initial thought when I saw that signing.

Back