Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2013 NFL Draft, Round 1

Based on nothing but the suit and hairdo, I'm glad we didn't take Patterson. His hair is up in a bun, LOL.

As they were talking about him not running the right routes he got turned around on stage and had to be pointed where to go.

Tape looked good though.

Yes, we turned down the 2,3.4.

If it gets you to pick~44 or lower I think you do it, but at 52 I don't think Woods/Hunter will be there.

That didn't stop them a few years ago. They traded back and then used some of what they got to trade back up and grab Tate.

Rams taking Ogletree shows me that he's looked at as an OLB and not an ILB. Doesn't surprise me that Fisher went with Ogletree. He's never given a crap about character.

Thank you Dallas. Just proving that you got lucky with jimmy and you will forever be a joke now.

Mike

Ha ha Cowboys SUCK!!!!! A C in the first round that was rated a 3rd rounder by almost everyone. hahahahhahaha!

Matt Elam to the Ravens is a good pick. That's the guy I wanted for the Texans if they didn't go WR.

The Vikings didnt have to trade back into the 1st after we passed on Patterson. What a bunch of idiots. Now the patriots are laughing all the way to the bank.

Ha!!! Cowboy fans relation was priceless. They looked like that Jacksonville fan say wtf? One held up a sign that read 'can we trade all our picks for a new GM'.

The Vikings didnt have to trade back into the 1st after we passed on Patterson. What a bunch of idiots. Now the patriots are laughing all the way to the bank.

They laugh all the way to the bank every damn year. People can say what they want about the Patriots, but their draft is money every year.

True, but you have to rank closely the team that didn't exploit their stupidity, if they had the chance.

Matt Elam to the Ravens is a good pick. That's the guy I wanted for the Texans if they didn't go WR.

I remember someone saying this draft would prove whether Ozzie was a good GM or not. He looks pretty solid to me with this pick. He's doing a pretty good job of restocking in my book.

Im counting 58 player that have could go in the second round.

• Geno Smith QB West Virginia
• *Robert Woods WR Southern California
• *Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
• *Keenan Allen WR California (X)
• Matt Barkley QB Southern California
• *Menelik Watson OT Florida State
• *Justin Hunter WR Tennessee (X)
• Kawann Short DT Purdue
• *Tank Carradine DE Florida State (X)
• Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
• Jamar Taylor CB Boise State
• Arthur Brown LB Kansas State
• *Eddie Lacy RB Alabama (X)
• *Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio State
• Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State
• Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas (X)
• Margus Hunt DE Southern Methodist
• Jonathan Cyprien FS Florida int
• Jesse Williams NT Alabama
• Mike Glennon QB NC State
• Darius Slay CB Mississippi State
• Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame (O)
• *Zach Ertz TE Stanford
• Alex Okafor DE Texas
• Larry Warford OG Kentucky
• Jamie Collins LB S Mississippi (DE)
• Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
• *David Amerson CB North Carolina State
• John Jenkins NT Georgia
• Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
• *Kevin Minter LB LSU
• *Tyler Bray QB Tennesse
• Khasseem Greene LB Rutgers
• *Sam Montgomery DE LSU
• Sio Moore LB UConn
• Brandon Williams DT Miss S State
• Terrance Williams WR Baylor
• Jon Bostic LB Florida
• Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
• Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
• Vance McDonald TE Rice
• Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB UConn
• Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff
• *Gio Bernard RB North Carolina (X)
• Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State
• *Da’Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech (O)
• *Corey Lemonier DE Auburn
• Barrett Jones C/G Alabama (X)
• *Bennie Logan DT LSU
• Kiko Alonso LB Oregon
• Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati (X)
• Robert Alford CB SE Louisiana
• D.J. Swearinger SS South Carolina
• Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
• *David Bahktiari OT Colorado
• *Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
• Dallas Thomas G/T Tennessee (X)
• Aaron Dobson WR Marshall

Wow, the Cowboys with the biggest reach of the draft so far. I haven't heard ANY talk about Frederick as a first or even second rounder.

Apparently the Texans looked into it, and determined he wasn't involved in it.
I imagine they did but all we have is a tweet from John McClain and then the info I posted about NFL officials saying not Harrison. If Smithiak and McNair ok with it I am.

Wow, the Cowboys with the biggest reach of the draft so far. I haven't heard ANY talk about Frederick as a first or even second rounder.

Yep. And a team with no 3-tech DT passed on Shariff Floyd for a box of Crackerjacks:vincepalm:

At least it wasn't Teo.:kitten:

Texans could get another WR in the 2nd too, but Moore out of A&M would be a steal

Holy crap! Minnesota gave the whole farm! New England always gets great trades. Those cats end up with a $hitload of pics each year it seems like.

They've turned them into a lot of SB wins over the last 10 years, too.

I like the way hoodie works the trades, but he's made some poor draft decisions. Sometimes I think he makes the trades just to make a trade. He's a pick hoarder.

Still scratching my head with Dallas. He's not a combine freak, hes not a big name and there is no chance he goes in the first or second round unless someone reaches. oh yeah.

Mike

Whoever gets Geno now is going to benefit IMO. Geno has to have a MASSIVE chip on his shoulder now. Whoever gets him now is going to get a very pissed chunk of talent that will be looking to show everyone who passed him why they shouldn't have.

cI5lElo.png

Despite rumors of the Texans first round pick being involved in the degradation of a hotel room, the team assures its fans that Hopkins now has his &%^$ together. :ahhaha:

Good that they reached. More NFL fans in Texas coming to join the Texans!!!

One of my friends on Facebook last night....

Someday ill tell my grand kids about a time when the Dallas Cowboys were a respectable and dominant organization. You've finally done it Jerry. I'm a Texan fan now. And the next time you want a slow guy that can't block for first round pick money, give me a call.

true story.

Still scratching my head with Dallas. He's not a combine freak, hes not a big name and there is no chance he goes in the first or second round unless someone reaches. oh yeah.

Mike

Apparently even Garrett was pissed that Jerry passed on Floyd.

I am a Cowboys and Texans fan, but my best friend is a pure Boys fan. When Shariff was sliding, we we incredibly happy. Then he landed right in the Cowboys lap. We cheered...

Then the 9ers logo popped up on the screen.:wadepalm:

Shariff goes to the Vikes

"At least there is that Williams kid."

Gone.

"Crypien? He's still good."

The Cowboys take some dong out of the Big 10
:wadepalm:

I honestly think that ruined my perception of the Texans getting Hopkins last night.

Mike

Yeah, I'm not sure I'll ever figure that one out. Then again, I don't care about them enough to try.

What about getting only an extra 3rd from a team that moved up 13 spots?

Im counting 58 player that have could go in the second round.

• Geno Smith QB West Virginia
• *Robert Woods WR Southern California
• *Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
• *Keenan Allen WR California (X)
• Matt Barkley QB Southern California
• *Menelik Watson OT Florida State
• *Justin Hunter WR Tennessee (X)
• Kawann Short DT Purdue
• *Tank Carradine DE Florida State (X)
• Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
• Jamar Taylor CB Boise State
• Arthur Brown LB Kansas State
• *Eddie Lacy RB Alabama (X)
• *Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio State
• Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State
• Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas (X)
• Margus Hunt DE Southern Methodist
• Jonathan Cyprien FS Florida int
• Jesse Williams NT Alabama
• Mike Glennon QB NC State
• Darius Slay CB Mississippi State
• Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame (O)
• *Zach Ertz TE Stanford
• Alex Okafor DE Texas
• Larry Warford OG Kentucky
• Jamie Collins LB S Mississippi (DE)
• Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
• *David Amerson CB North Carolina State
• John Jenkins NT Georgia
• Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
• *Kevin Minter LB LSU
• *Tyler Bray QB Tennesse
• Khasseem Greene LB Rutgers
• *Sam Montgomery DE LSU
• Sio Moore LB UConn
• Brandon Williams DT Miss S State
• Terrance Williams WR Baylor
• Jon Bostic LB Florida
• Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
• Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
• Vance McDonald TE Rice
• Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB UConn
• Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff
• *Gio Bernard RB North Carolina (X)
• Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State
• *Da’Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech (O)
• *Corey Lemonier DE Auburn
• Barrett Jones C/G Alabama (X)
• *Bennie Logan DT LSU
• Kiko Alonso LB Oregon
• Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati (X)
• Robert Alford CB SE Louisiana
• D.J. Swearinger SS South Carolina
• Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
• *David Bahktiari OT Colorado
• *Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
• Dallas Thomas G/T Tennessee (X)
• Aaron Dobson WR Marshall

My targets in red, above.

I'd like to see if Zac Dysert or Tyler Wilson, QBs, could fall as far as round 4 or maybe even (fingers crossed) in the 5th round to us. I'm good with either of those QBs if we draft one. We can use our higher picks on TE, S, or ILB and grab a QB midway through, IMO. Finish out with depth at BPA.

Back