Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2013 NFL Draft, Round 1

Good that they reached. More NFL fans in Texas coming to join the Texans!!!

Good!

I'm not so sure Jerry made a bad move and only time will tell. We certainly filled a need and could possibly extend Romo's career. I'm not angry due to seeing higher choices that made a lot of sense, but didn't work out.

Years ago I went to a Rockets draft party when they selected Robert Horry. The fans went ballistic and were cussing like sailors, throwing down posters and towels. In the end Horry and Shaq's career lasted longer than any of the other draft picks Good that they reached. More NFL fans in Texas coming to join the Texans!!!and much longer than the fan's favorite.

Last edited:
This is old news other than the specific teams mentioned.

It was reported last week that he claimed to be sick and missed meeting with some teams.

I would like Swearinger. Not sure where, but I think he's a good fit.

I like it!

tumblr_lq5hybpdU31qi29iso1_400.jpg

They laugh all the way to the bank every damn year. People can say what they want about the Patriots, but their draft is money every year.

I do envy their draft savy.. looks good on draft day. But once the season starts, it's just a bunch of fluff. Relatively speaking, it seems they get less out of their draft picks than most other teams.

They do really well in FA & that makes up for what they miss on draft day.

I do envy their draft savy.. looks good on draft day. But once the season starts, it's just a bunch of fluff. Relatively speaking, it seems they get less out of their draft picks than most other teams.

They do really well in FA & that makes up for what they miss on draft day.

I think I'm in the middle of you and Corrosion.

Pats tend to get solid players in the draft...But they have their fair share of do nothings and nobody's...

At the very least though they tend to get a few solid contributors ever year. But that's nothing special. Hard not to get a few good players in the NFL draft.

Just shows how bad Casserly sucked.

Im counting 58 player that have could go in the second round.

• *Menelik Watson OT Florida State
• *Zach Ertz TE Stanford
• Larry Warford OG Kentucky
• Vance McDonald TE Rice
• Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff
• Barrett Jones C/G Alabama (X)
• Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati (X)
• *David Bahktiari OT Colorado
• Dallas Thomas G/T Tennessee (X)

Any obvious upgrades over Newton, Jones, Brooks, Wade? Guys that can start on our OL from day 1?

Hopkins reminds him on Andre...Quiet confident, knows what he wants.

Thought Hopkins was the best player on the board. Wanted Hopkins all a long. Held their breath for 3 weeks hoping the board would fall like it did.

Training camp before Newton is healthy.

Montgomery is an OLB. Reed is still an OLB, but from his tone a move to ILB is still a possibility.

Really liked Quessenberry...surprised he fell so far. Saw he was still on board and went up to get him.

Loves the way the late round WR Bonner comes out of his breaks and loves his ball skills. Says "the ground moves when he makes his breaks". Really caught his eye at the combine. You can tell this was a Kubiak pick with the way he gushes over him and he basically said that he first noticed his skills watching the WR's during the combine...

Thinks The Bowling Green DT Jones can play DE and NT.

Likes the TE...thinks he can get bigger. Likes his big body and thinks he can help take some wear and tear off of OD.

Big conversation about taking a RB during the draft. Had guys targeted but they went earlier than expected. But they feel confident in the Free Agent RB class that one can step up and be the third back.

Loves Brennan Williams nastiness.

Loves Swearingers competitiveness.

They liked a lot of guys in the 6th round. Really wanted Quessenberry. Didn't want to chance him coming off the board so he moved up to get him. Loves his athleticism. Former captain...has leadership.

Special teams will be faster and more athletic due to quality depth.

Likes the UDFA class they have so far. Likes the RB's they brought in. Brought in a lot of guys they had draftable grades on.

Rick Smith on 610 am now...replay

Loves Brennan Williams nastiness.

Loves Swearingers competitiveness.

They liked a lot of guys in the 6th round. Really wanted Quessenberry. Didn't want to chance him coming off the board so he moved up to get him. Loves his athleticism. Former captain...has leadership.

Special teams will be faster and more athletic due to quality depth.

Likes the UDFA class they have so far. Likes the RB's they brought in. Brought in a lot of guys they had draftable grades on.

Lol at this. Sure did improve on special teams and with quality depth.

Not.

Back