Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2002 NFL Draft

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I’m watching a YouTube program on Tom Brady and his draft position at 199. They went through the 6 drafted before him and of course covered Michigan QB, Drew Henson.

They hit a spot where Charley Casserly was saying, he would be drafting Drew Henson if he was there in the 2002 NFL Draft. New York Yankees finally got him full-time in 2001. When they interviewed Drew….he stated that the biggest mistake he made was leading football for baseball and had he stayed with football, his professional career overall might have been completely different.

Makes me wonder now as to who Casserly would’ve selected if both Henson and Carr were available in the same draft.

I’m watching a YouTube program on Tom Brady and his draft position at 199. They went through the 6 drafted before him and of course covered Michigan QB, Drew Henson.

They hit a spot where Charley Casserly was saying, he would be drafting Drew Henson if he was there in the 2002 NFL Draft. New York Yankees finally got him full-time in 2001. When they interviewed Drew….he stated that the biggest mistake he made was leading football for baseball and had he stayed with football, his professional career overall might have been completely different.us decade

Makes me wonder now as to who Casserly would’ve selected if both Henson and Carr were available in the same draft.
Irrelevant because David Carr was Bob McNair's pick. No questions asked. McNair wanted Carr to be the face of the franchise and paraded him around town and attended every charity ball event they could. A handsome religious young man as the face of his brand-new NFL franchise, it was going to be a glorious decade.

Irrelevant because David Carr was Bob McNair's pick. No questions asked. McNair wanted Carr to be the face of the franchise and paraded him around town and attended every charity ball event they could. A handsome religious young man as the face of his brand-new NFL franchise, it was going to be a glorious decade.

Yep. Sean Jones was interviewed for their salary cap manager position, and he was asked who he'd take at no. 1. He said Julius Peppers. They told him they were looking at Carr and what were his thoughts. He told them it was a mistake, especially without an established o-line. Of course, the rest is history. They were looking for people to agree with them, not to give actual thoughtful advice.

That’s because Henson was no longer in the draft. If Henson was in the draft….Texans probably get an amazing trade offer if their eye was truly going to be on Carr no matter what.

Back