Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXAN NATION: what are your predictions against the patriots? who wins this fight?

Denver pulled it off earlier this year with an ailing Manning and a dominant defense. If the Texans are good enough to have home field advantage over the Patriots, I think the Texans would have a legitimate chance at winning the game. Might be dreaming it up a bit, but if that scenario plays out, the kool aid might not be that strong after all.

I like your optimism. :thumbup

But, my skepticism as a lifelong Houston pro football fan is what it is. I'd be lying to deny its existence deep within me. Of course, I'll be rooting my butt off for it to happen, but I honestly feel like the Charlie Brown fanbase when the NFL's Lucy yanks that ball away.

c821a6b5f835475c8461ce6fc4080e4c.jpg

this is a difficult game to predict. I give the Texans an edge, but only slight. I'll go 20-17 Texans but will not be shocked in the slightest if the Pats win.

There are so many unknowns. One thing I'm not sleeping on is their QB. I'm quite sure BB is going to have more than one trick up his sleeve for this game. Anyone thinking this is a cakewalk due to it being a rookie QB starting his first game may be in for a rude awakening. Brisette is legit. It also wouldn't shock me if Edelman played wildcat or any other number of surprises. If their TE plays (I will not say his name here for fear of making the TE gods mad), I might flip that score and give a slight edge to the Pats.

Their D is also no slouch. Maybe not quite as good as KC, but not far off and if Brock throws 2 or more picks, we're likely to be going down in flames.

Lastly, which ST is going to show up. KC made our ST look silly. That was not a welcome sight after seeing such good results in preseason.

Keys to victory. On offense, hold on to the ball. No more than one TO. Make at least one significant big play. Win the TOP battle.

On D, don't let Brisette run wild, control their ground game reasonably well, and put pressure on Brisette.

ON ST, don't allow the Pats any huge return plays and no turnovers on our end.

this is a difficult game to predict. I give the Texans an edge, but only slight. I'll go 20-17 Texans but will not be shocked in the slightest if the Pats win.

There are so many unknowns. One thing I'm not sleeping on is their QB. I'm quite sure BB is going to have more than one trick up his sleeve for this game. Anyone thinking this is a cakewalk due to it being a rookie QB starting his first game may be in for a rude awakening. Brisette is legit. It also wouldn't shock me if Edelman played wildcat or any other number of surprises. If their TE plays (I will not say his name here for fear of making the TE gods mad), I might flip that score and give a slight edge to the Pats.

Their D is also no slouch. Maybe not quite as good as KC, but not far off and if Brock throws 2 or more picks, we're likely to be going down in flames.

Lastly, which ST is going to show up. KC made our ST look silly. That was not a welcome sight after seeing such good results in preseason.

Keys to victory. On offense, hold on to the ball. No more than one TO. Make at least one significant big play. Win the TOP battle.

On D, don't let Brisette run wild, control their ground game reasonably well, and put pressure on Brisette.

ON ST, don't allow the Pats any huge return plays and no turnovers on our end.
^^^ appreciate your contribution. however, i am most certain that BO'B is quite prepared for BB's tricks.....

Mark my words: Jimmy will play.

Highly doubt that. They'd be risking a lot by doing that. The Texans have more sacks than any team in the league, and whoever their QB is will take a lot of hits. Putting a fragile Jimmy up against a unit of killers in the pass rush isn't that smart for them. Brady could come back and get hurt in week 9 where Jimmy G would be healthy to redeem their season if something like that were to happen.

I like your optimism. :thumbup

But, my skepticism as a lifelong Houston pro football fan is what it is. I'd be lying to deny its existence deep within me. Of course, I'll be rooting my butt off for it to happen, but I honestly feel like the Charlie Brown fanbase when the NFL's Lucy yanks that ball away.

c821a6b5f835475c8461ce6fc4080e4c.jpg
I'm not going all Ellis Unit or Toe Jam. I'm if ing a lot of things. :kitten:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pats fans seem pretty confident still from what I've read. I just don't see how the Texans don't win this game pretty handily. Not a blowout or anything, but I suspect a decisive win.
Yeah I'm a Spurs fan (don't kill me) and the pats board reminds me of SpursTalk. Some posters are so used to winning that they are ridiculously overconfident.

Another SpursTalk tradition I'll bring to Texans talk...

Pats 158
Texans 0
:chef:

Last edited:
every game the pats and Texans will try and take 1 or 2 people out of the game

I expect the pats to say hey lets Take Hopkins out of the game Hopkins will not beat us

and Texans will be like we are not going to let the pats run game beat us blunt bolden and white no matter what RB they use and make the rookie pass a lot and thus give us some turnovers

Highly doubt that. They'd be risking a lot by doing that. The Texans have more sacks than any team in the league, and whoever their QB is will take a lot of hits. Putting a fragile Jimmy up against a unit of killers in the pass rush isn't that smart for them. Brady could come back and get hurt in week 9 where Jimmy G would be healthy to redeem their season if something like that were to happen.
An AC joint sprain is something anyone can play with if they are able to tolerate the pain. There's really no further risk of a more serious injury with this type of injury. It also can be injected with an anesthetic/corticosteroid concoction that would essentially render it a non-issue-- totally legal and routine medical practice.

An AC joint sprain is something anyone can play with if they are able to tolerate the pain. There's really no further risk of a more serious injury with this type of injury. It also can be injected with an anesthetic/corticosteroid concoction that would essentially render it a non-issue-- totally legal and routine medical practice.

Are you a doctor too?

This calls to mind the commercial where they talk about an inhaled "CORticoSTEroid" instead of saying cortiCOSteroid, identifying themselves as the stupidest idiots that ever existed. We're not physicians, but if this is true, you can bet your patootie Garoppolo will be out there carving bull meat.

Last edited:
I bet we never see Brisset without his helmet. He'll even be wearing one of those dark visors where you can't really see his face. He's going to look extremely similar to Brady, the way he walks, addresses the OL, throw the ball.

It's not cheating if you don't get caught & you're not trying if you're not cheating.

Last edited:
I bet we never see Brisset wit Houten his helmet. He'll even be wearing one of those dark visors where you can't really see his face. He's going to look extremely similar to Brady, the way he walks, addresses the OL, throw the ball.

It's not cheating if you don't get caught & you're not trying if you're not cheating.

Brady better get into the tanning booth asap then.

I'm no expert on it man, but going from Sunday to Thursday sure does seem risky in a game they could have lost any way. The Texans defense are no joke, and you're going to get smashed a lot playing us. There is no way around it. The only team touching our pass rush is Denver, and we just might be that bad ass defense this season. I have no doubt we lead the league in sacks this year with Watt and Mercilious alone to carry the charge. Clowney, Simon, and Mckinney should easily be able to do the rest to lead the league.

I'm expecting a win. Always cautious going against Dark Lord of the Sith Bellicheat, but I think our defense is better, our offense is more explosive and our QB is better right now. I don't think BB is that much better a coach than OB to make up that difference.

24 - 13 Texans

JJ Watt has 2.5 sacks. Clowney 1, Mercilus 1. Novak misses 2 long field goals, all points come from TD's. 10 points for the Pats coming in garbage time. Texans dominate the game, scoreboard paints a closer picture.

28-17 Texans, that's my prediction anyways

Back