Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texan Cleaning Tables

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Not sure this displays a whole lot of confidence in his NFL career, but hey do what you have to.

My new favorite NFL player had a little financial situation of his own to work out this offseason. The second-year Eagles running back -- and I'm not making this up -- asked if he could work a part-time job that pays $7 an hour, and was thrilled when he got it. That's right, $7. Roughly what a good shoe shine will run you.

Three nights a week, Mahe (pronounced MAH-hay) is a host at a South Philly institution called Chickie's and Pete's Café, just a stone's throw away from the Eagles sparkling NovaCare team complex. He greets and seats the patrons at the sports bar-style restaurant, which doubles as a favorite hangout of Eagles players, and also helps clear tables, wipe down the menus and sells T-shirts from the front register.

Link

Actually, I shine shoes and you can get the best shine from me for $4. That is a nice little business. Oh and to CMA from the moderator....This is not an advertisment.

I guess that is his way of "staying grounded". I can't say I have ever heard of any pro player doing something like unless it was a charity driven event.

I agree with you huge, but a thought comes to mind is that some people don't want jobs like that (don't ask me why). I have seen and heard people that are unemployed come in and fill an application to work. My boss calls them in for an interview and then the person doesn't want to. They do it just to get keep the unemployment benefits coming..Granted that isn't everybody,but there are a few like that.. Unfortuantly, I was guilty of that many many moons ago. I would have made less money working than keeping the benefits coming in :bag:

Back