Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texan Bill. . .The Passing of a Texans Talk Icon

austins23

Hall of Fame
Mods if you want to move please do. I just wasn't sure where to put it and if it needs to be removed do that as well. Stephanie Stradley just posted on her Twitter account that Texan Bill has passed away. I'm going to guess it was this Texan Bill. She mentions Blue Crew Tailgating and even puts his name, but I'll wait and make sure that is ok.

Sad news for all TexansTalk. This morning, one of our "charter members" and a loyal Texans fan and fixture at the "Blue Crew" passed away in the hospital. He always had a way to put a smile on your face.........you never knew what he was going to say........he always said whatever he thought..........unfiltered............and that's exactly what you expected and loved about him. He was what you would have to say was a true kind soul to everyone. Dead at only 53. RIP, Bill..........and don't bother the ladies up there too much............give the other guys a chance..........:)

I've been fortunate to have been welcomed to the Blue Crew tailgate many, many times by Texan Bill. Always with a beer in hand and a huge smile on his face, usually accompanied by a big ol' bear hug. He was a genuine dude, and someone I thought would grow old together and be grumpy old Texans fans that remembers the old days.

This picture is from the first Texans playoff game in January 2012. Bill is the in the "00" jersey holding up the horns. He will be dearly missed by a lot of folks.

BlueCrew2012PlayoffGame.jpg

Sad news. Bill was always inviting when I passed through the Blue Crew.
I wasn't a member but parked down the way from them and always tried to swing my to say hi to him.
He was always really nice to my young daughter and even got her a few whacks on the pregame piñata.

Rest in peace, brother

Just found this thread and am shocked. It's sort of hard for me when an "old timer" in time on MB leaves us. Despite spats, name calling, etc I spend more time here with you guys than with anyone else. Stay safe and take care. Don't miss an opportunity to hug a loved one or try to make an enemy into a loved one. Tomorrow may just be too late for them or you.
Miss you already Bill.

Haven't been on in a while, and its so nice to see all my old friends post about Bill. As the "grandma" of the Blue Crew, I can't begin to express to all of you how hard this has been. Your heartfelt comments, remembrances, and condolences are greatly appreciated. In the past two years the Blue Crew, and Texans Talk, has lost three awesome, diehard Texan fans, all in their 50s, all great friends! Hopefully, life will return to some type of normalcy in the future, and the Blue Crew will celebrate the lives of our friends who will always be with us in sprit. WHEN we get the chance to tailgate again please come by and join us! Life is precious, don't waste a moment! Love ya all!

Haven't been on in a while, and its so nice to see all my old friends post about Bill. As the "grandma" of the Blue Crew, I can't begin to express to all of you how hard this has been. Your heartfelt comments, remembrances, and condolences are greatly appreciated. In the past two years the Blue Crew, and Texans Talk, has lost three awesome, diehard Texan fans, all in their 50s, all great friends! Hopefully, life will return to some type of normalcy in the future, and the Blue Crew will celebrate the lives of our friends who will always be with us in sprit. WHEN we get the chance to tailgate again please come by and join us! Life is precious, don't waste a moment! Love ya all!

So good to see you again Gma! So sorry it's for such a tragic reason. I've missed you. :shetexan:

How have you been doing?

Good to see you again, you've been missed. Hope you come around more often.

My handful of real Texans tailgating experiences were all the result of Texan Bill's warm welcome. Dude could make anyone feel like a long-time friend.

Blessed to have been honored enough to meet and hang out with both Joe Texan and Texan Bill. Gameday will never be the same without those two.

Damn. Because of all that has been going on, I haven't been here in awhile. I never got to meet Bill, or any of you for that matter, but this is still sad to hear about. I think Bill was on a few of my GoallineBlitz teams back in the day. Man, that seems like so long ago. RIP Bill.

Looked under both "Bill" & "William, but could not find Mr Davies obit as I'd like to know more about the man ?

Sad news for all TexansTalk. This morning, one of our "charter members" and a loyal Texans fan and fixture at the "Blue Crew" passed away in the hospital. He always had a way to put a smile on your face.........you never knew what he was going to say........he always said whatever he thought..........unfiltered............and that's exactly what you expected and loved about him. He was what you would have to say was a true kind soul to everyone. Dead at only 53. RIP, Bill..........and don't bother the ladies up there too much............give the other guys a chance..........:)

He was a damn good dude. I only knew him through this board but I remember posting here as a young Texans fan 14 years ago when I wasnt living in Houston and he'd always have my back. Would send me funny ass messages. Would tell me "kid don't take the message board seriously" because I remember getting into some battles on here lol. Really wish I could have made it out to a tailgate to meet him and all you guys who have held it down over there. Hope his family is doing okay.

He's in a better place now debating Blazin Arrow on Texans vs Titans. Rest easy man.

Last edited:
First time logging in awhile and then I see this thread......my heart sank. I don't know what to say, I'm so shocked and heartbroken by this news. Bill was such a great guy, from the first time I met him he treated me like a long lost friend, and a brother. He was supportive and genuinely cared about the people around him. He would get on to me if I showed up to the tailgate without my car magnets because he always wanted to buy some, he would insist to not let me give him one that I can recall. On a couple of occasions, he handed me his solo cup and said "getcha pull", a phrase he loved to use. I am going to miss seeing him at future tailgates, I can only imagine he will be rooting for his team right next to Joe Texan. Heartbreaking news, RIP Bill.

Love and prayers to his family and to all the wonderful people in the Blue Crew!

Last edited:
Back