Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tennessee Road Trip

Revolution

Rookie
Anyone going to the Tennessee game in December? My wife and I are seriously considering a trip? We haven't decided if we are flying or driving yet...

I'm not going to that game, but thought I'd piggy back this in this thread.

I know Tennessee lost today, but watching the highlights..... it is unreal the way Tennessee receivers always get so wide open.

It's ridiculous the attention teams pay to CJ2K.

Anyone going to the Tennessee game in December? My wife and I are seriously considering a trip? We haven't decided if we are flying or driving yet...
If you do check out our tailgate thread at titanstailgate.com. We would love for you to join us.

I was seriously thinking about it, but, after tonight not sure I'm going to any OOT games. Just not paying hard earned bucks to see our boys get their asses kicked on the road.

It's not the loss that hurts, it's the WAY we lose! Fisher has always out coached us, and I don't see this year being any different.

Hell, I'd go just to go back to Nashville.... we make fun of them enough, but it's a nice place.

But not this year unfortunately.

Wife and I are celebrating our 15th Wedding anniversary on New Years, but can’t get away for travel that weekend so she and I decided to take a road trip to Nashville for the game. So we will be there!!!! Glad to see some friendly faces will be there too!

We are going! Any suggestions on seats? Which side of the stadium should I sit on?

Last year I was in the north corner, visitor's sideline (106). There'll be the usual brats, but nothing worth calling security/punching someone over... and I met someone at the game, really nice guy and his wife, about JB's age, we still chat every so-often.

*Also, if anyone drives (granted, I went in Sept, this is Dec), the Natchez Trace Parkway is a really nice way to travel through northern MS and TN.

Last year I was in the north corner, visitor's sideline (106). There'll be the usual brats, but nothing worth calling security/punching someone over... and I met someone at the game, really nice guy and his wife, about JB's age, we still chat every so-often.

*Also, if anyone drives (granted, I went in Sept, this is Dec), the Natchez Trace Parkway is a really nice way to travel through northern MS and TN.

We are driving and plan on taking that route...just curious to what the weather will be like.

Anyone know if 5th row behind the visitor bench is "too low"? Is it high enough to see most of the field between the 40s or will the players block the view up to the line? I understand I won't be able to see the near sidline, but I'm curious if I'll be albe to see the near hashmark? I've been an "endzoner" my entire Oiler/Texan life so I have no idea what to expect from the side line that low. Kind of like Nascar (TMS), to see 85% of the track you need to be up about row 50.

We are going! Any suggestions on seats? Which side of the stadium should I sit on?

Not trying to be a smartass, but here's the seating chart for LP Field.

2010seating_chart.gif

I've looked there! I am talking about how the sun hits the stadium. I have a severe sensitivity to light, so I prefer to have the sun to my back if at all possible. I think that means sitting on the side closest to the Cumberland River.

I've looked there! I am talking about how the sun hits the stadium. I have a severe sensitivity to light, so I prefer to have the sun to my back if at all possible. I think that means sitting on the side closest to the Cumberland River.

You are probably right since that would be the West side. The is lower in the southern sky now, and since the time changed it wil be an hour further towards the western sky and past being in your face or directly above. I would think you'd be fine anywhere from the south endzone on around to the west side where you mentioned. Never been there myself, just going by what I would believe to be correct considering the layout of the field. Down low on the west side, you might even be in the shade at some point in the second half.

If you're on the west side the sun will be gone about 15-30 minutes after kickoff in December.

We'd love for you to join us tailgating! If you need any help or suggestions for things to do, please feel free to ask or read through some of the threads in Tana's forum.

We are driving and plan on taking that route...just curious to what the weather will be like.

Anyone know if 5th row behind the visitor bench is "too low"? Is it high enough to see most of the field between the 40s or will the players block the view up to the line? I understand I won't be able to see the near sidline, but I'm curious if I'll be albe to see the near hashmark? I've been an "endzoner" my entire Oiler/Texan life so I have no idea what to expect from the side line that low. Kind of like Nascar (TMS), to see 85% of the track you need to be up about row 50.

Nashville's climatology is 48/31 with little to no snow, and this winter should be near-normal for central TN. I'll get better climate predictions first of DEC.

I was in the corner, walked down to the front rows pre-game, it looked like it should be high enough to get a good view of midfield.

If you're on the west side the sun will be gone about 15-30 minutes after kickoff in December.

We'd love for you to join us tailgating! If you need any help or suggestions for things to do, please feel free to ask or read through some of the threads in Tana's forum.

Just might take you up on that Yvette! More to come as things get ironed out.

SOOOOo that's what's wrong with you!! :lol:

:jk:

My pa was born in the same county as Buford Pusser , about 15 minutes from Shiloh national park . My farm was rumored to be the campground for the confederates before the battle of Shiloh . They came from Corinth Mississippi and Grant was in a hotel in Savannah Tn. across the Tennessee river .

I would search real good with a metal detector but I get poison ivy real bad .

So we are definitely going. Tickets in the upper deck, but at the 50 yard line. Who all is going and who from Tennessee is going to open up your tailgating to Texans???

We are too...won our tickets on ebay last night for section 109 row A. So we will be around the 5 yard line on the Texans side between the Texans bench and the entrance/exit for the Texans.

I think Yvette has opened up an offering to attend their tailgate.

I haven't posted in a while, but I will be in section 124 row B. Make sure you guys hang out Saturday night at the new Margaritaville on Broadway/4th Ave. I fly into Nashville on Friday morning and is staying until after the holidays. As far as tailgating, I plan to stop by Yvette's tailgate and then over to Lady Titan's tailgate and to one of my friend's tailgate since they always have good soul food.

I recommend also going to the Pancake Pantry for breakfast. Its not the Breakfast Klub, but it is very good.

I look forward to seeing Texans fans before, during, and after the game. Now that I know where the guys gather after the game, hopefully I can get good pictures. I will try to check texanstalk leading up to the game to see if anyone has any questions about my city.

I haven't posted in a while, but I will be in section 124 row B. Make sure you guys hang out Saturday night at the new Margaritaville on Broadway/4th Ave. I fly into Nashville on Friday morning and is staying until after the holidays. As far as tailgating, I plan to stop by Yvette's tailgate and then over to Lady Titan's tailgate and to one of my friend's tailgate since they always have good soul food.

I recommend also going to the Pancake Pantry for breakfast. Its not the Breakfast Klub, but it is very good.

I look forward to seeing Texans fans before, during, and after the game. Now that I know where the guys gather after the game, hopefully I can get good pictures. I will try to check texanstalk leading up to the game to see if anyone has any questions about my city.

Thanks for the info...we will be in 109 Row A. We are driving up there and will get into Nashville sometime on Saturday, probably late afternoon. What's going on at Margaritaville? We too are going to try and get by Yvette's tailgate. Hope to catch up with you.

Hope you all come by! We'll have a fire going and probably BBQ pig or chicken for eats.

Looking forward to meeting you. We were able to score some tickets in Lot A, so will be walking away from the stadium. Is it about 700-800 yards from that lot? It doesn't look tooooooo far. I'll have my Blue #59 on and possibly my Texans Santa hat to keep my bald head warm. If you see lost Texan fan and his Texan fan wife come get us before throwing the bottles/rocks. I'll try and check your website for the specifics again, but what time do you start out there? Should we BYOB or "donate" as we go?

You'll be in the closest lot to us, about 2 city blocks away. Factor in the lots themselves and it's 3 blocks total. BYOB if you want but we're usually well stocked. 8-8:30 is when we start and I'm there about 9. We'll keep our eyes peeled looking for you, and no worries about fan wars. Trust me, our team scares us right now LOL

Can't wait to tear it up with TOMB Tailgaters Yvette. We will get there as soon as we can from Lot A. I think those open at 8am? Not sure we will be there right then...but soon as we can after.

Is anybody still looking for 2 tickets I had a pair on stubhub not sell (I was planning to go and can't) and I have listed them on ebay still havn't sold them but they are in section 114 R seats 15/16 you have to get them from me in Houston PM me or text me at 713 498 0635 I'll take any fair offer say half face value or some thing about 75 bucks face is 78 each

live in willowbrook area could meet anywhere

Last edited:
Yall have fun this team does not deserve a fan in the stands this year. Let them win a game when they have the game won then we can travel to see them

Can't wait to tear it up with TOMB Tailgaters Yvette. We will get there as soon as we can from Lot A. I think those open at 8am? Not sure we will be there right then...but soon as we can after.
I know you will have a great time. As i said on the Titans board I can't make this one but you will have a great time at the tailgate. The corn hole game you will be playing, my brother built and painted himself including the logos and he will be there. Sorry I will miss you, I have met a few of you at our tailgates before, Hookem, Livid, Joe, I think AJ and some others. It is great to be rivals and yet come together for a great time. Hookem and I know that very well. Have a safe trip and a great time!

Hope you all come by! We'll have a fire going and probably BBQ pig or chicken for eats.

Missed ya at Reliant Yvette! Didn't seem right not having my fav "kiss my ass" Titan fan drop by!:D

Wish I could make it to Tenn, but, got a wedding I HAVE to attend, and money's a little tight right here at Christmas time! You all have a great time and take care of my fellow Texans!!

Sandy, I missed being there, even with a shut out. I'm so used to being there I felt like I was doing something wrong by not going. At the last game here, I looked at our banner with sigs, and thought about you right away. Tana's picture is on it and there she was smiling at me, reminding me of you and what gracious ladies are all about :)

hookinreds, I searched around for an answer and it looks like the stadium lots open 3 hours before gametime. Bummer! Whoever came up with that must not be into tailgating!

Sandy, I missed being there, even with a shut out. I'm so used to being there I felt like I was doing something wrong by not going. At the last game here, I looked at our banner with sigs, and thought about you right away. Tana's picture is on it and there she was smiling at me, reminding me of you and what gracious ladies are all about :)

hookinreds, I searched around for an answer and it looks like the stadium lots open 3 hours before gametime. Bummer! Whoever came up with that must not be into tailgating!

Does Fud even allow tailgating on the stadium lots?

Does Fud even allow tailgating on the stadium lots?

I think so... I think he learned his lesson in that regard....

Although he is so senile, not to mention ignorant, that he probably forgets that tailgaiting is even an issue to be discussed (because it was never allowed at the Dome)...... But I'm sure that his Oklahoma dumbass self would even realize would realize it was an issue to begin with.....

I want to remind people, while Bud Adams owned the Oilers, so too did John McMullen of the Astros... A POS is still a POS... Enter Bud Adams!!! !

I'm glad I wasn't any later or I would have missed you! You all had amazing seats and I hope the overall visit to Nashville was a good one. Happy Anniversary :)

I hope you guys treated your Texan guests nicely, they were having a bad day thanks to....well....you know...lol. ;)

I'm glad I wasn't any later or I would have missed you! You all had amazing seats and I hope the overall visit to Nashville was a good one. Happy Anniversary :)

Had a great time despite the outcome. Thank you to the TOMB Tailgaters for the hospitality! I wish we could have spent more time there, but wanted to get inside and talk with some players. Titan fan as whole was fantastic in our area...but I guess it helps that we were able to have fun during our own demise.

As always, I enjoyed myself. The tailgating was great. I sipped on TN moonshine which may be why I went to sleep after the game and didn't wake up til 7 am. Smh. The game results sucked but i had terrific seats. It got to be very cold so I used a friend's extra club level tickets. My facebook friends seen some of the pictures I took. Can't wait to see my Texans again.

I was surprised at how quiet the stadium was. Is that the norm? The loudest noise was the guy sitting in the row in front of me, slamming the empty seat next to him up and down...

I was surprised at how quiet the stadium was. Is that the norm? The loudest noise was the guy sitting in the row in front of me, slamming the empty seat next to him up and down...

It's louder week 2 after they're pissed about losing to Pittsburgh and still in the playoff hunt.

I thought it was really quite too. But it is outdoor, nothing on the line, and home team with a complete blowout...nothing to chatter obout really. They were doing most of their yelling at their own team for such a piss poor year.

I thought it was really quite too. But it is outdoor, nothing on the line, and home team with a complete blowout...nothing to chatter obout really. They were doing most of their yelling at their own team for such a piss poor year.

I know, but Reliant has been MUCH louder in week 17 when we have nothing to play for...This year, maybe not with the ticket burning plan that appears to have taken hold...

I decided to go to the game at 8:15 PM on Saturday. Went home, threw some clothes in the car and was on the road by 9:00 PM. Filled a cooler with an 18-pack of beer and ice somewhere on Highway 59. Picked up a friend in Longview at 1:00 AM. Drove straight to the stadium. Arrived at 10:30 AM.

Titan fans are very apathetic about now. Before we could even find a cash parking lot, we scored a free parking pass for Lot N. Then we milled around the outside of the stadium drinking beer and looking for tickets. Ended up with free tickets. Good seats too.

Tailgating sucked. Game sucked. Fans were lame. Most were long gone in the 4th quarter. Even met for cheerleaders outside the stadium and they weren't even very hot. It got worse though: I almost puked up my lunch when I saw the "Houston Oilers - Tennessee Titans 50 years of Tradition andGreatness" display.

Drove straight back to Longview after the game. Arrived at 3:00 AM. Slept til 10:00. Drove home to Houston. Arrived 2:00 PM.

Hell a trip. At least the beer was cold and my buddy and I had some interesting conversation along the way.

Thinking about a trip to Denver.

bpe3

Back