Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Team Assessment at Halfway Point

If he replicates his first half in the second half and the team makes it in the playoffs, I don't think you could characterize the season as "the defense (carrying) the team all the way there".
Every team we play over the second half of the season will be better than the teams we've played so far. Jacksonville & Tennessee for starters will be better teams. NE in place of Cincinnati.. better. Indy in place of the Jets & Arizona.

to think he'll duplicate those numbers... just because...
The offense has scored: 34, 29, 28, 24, 31 in its 5 wins. and... 21, 24 among their losses. The one poor offensive game was the first one of the season.
Are you one of those guys who think it is okay for the offense to play 30 minutes, but the defense has to play 60?
Those are hardly numbers indicating poor QB play or the need for the defense to carry the team.

We've got play makers... They'll make any QB (or just about) look pretty darn good. AJ... Walter.. JJ.... Slaton....

I continue to emphasize on consistency.
A top ten QB should be a little more consistent than what Schaub has been showing so far.

You know I'm not a Schuab fan. But I think he'll show more consistency, when he gets more consistency from his line. They are as good, or better than any line we've had to date. But the pocket isn't consistently what it should be. I can understand if he doesn't 100% trust them yet.... but I think it will happen before the end of the year.

Again, while I may disagree, I respect your assessment that Schaub is in the top 1/2 of the NFL QBs but a borderline top 10. I was just saying that his play this year is good enough to assist the Texans to reach the playoffs.

I agree. Schaub is not top ten, or elite even though his numbers say he is.

Not yet anyway.

Better to be a homer (which I'm not really) than to walk around with my eyes closed. So far what I see from you here is that you think Schaub isn't a top 10 QB because you think he had one bad half against Buffalo. Nevermind what he's done all season. Ignore stats all you want, which is the first thing people with a ridiculous arguement do, dismiss the stats, and yes I'm well aware of what story stats do or don't tell, but those numbers got there somehow by somebody.

Since Brees didn't have such a great 2nd half last night and Ryan didn't have a good game seeing how is QB rating was 46, I guess they're out of the top 10 now, right? I guess that top 10 is pretty thin by your standards. Might not even be 10 in it.

Obviously you never read all the break downs I did for all the games.
You can see the things I pointed out where Schaub did right and where he did wrong.
I don't want to boast but I had spent at least 40 hours on each Texans game for the last 2-1/2 year. (well ok, about 15 hours on each game this season.)
I think I know how Schaub has progressed, where he can improve.
icon7.gif

Last edited:
Back