Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

TDN100

That highlight video against Wisconsin didn't have any tight windows at all. He won't see wide open receivers like that in the NFL much

I wouldn't say he's got a great arm. Allen/Mahomes type arm.
Mahomes has a phenomenal arm- and he played in a very QB-friendly offense under Kingsbury. I don't know if this is even an accurate argument, let alone a convincing one.

Hell, Allen has a strong arm too. I'm curious who you think has a "great arm" if these two don't cut it.

Mahomes has a phenomenal arm- and he played in a very QB-friendly offense under Kingsbury. I don't know if this is even an accurate argument, let alone a convincing one.

Hell, Allen has a strong arm too. I'm curious who you think has a "great arm" if these two don't cut it.

I think those 2 guys have the best arms since Elway/Favre.

My point is Stroud doesn't have that type of arm talent and what I was asking was what trait stands out that makes the Stroud guys think he's a franchise QB? I dont see any traits that standout like the great QB's of the past/present have/had. For instance Sam Hartman looks a lot like Stroud to me and Stroud's working with much less talent around him. What do you think is the difference talent wise from Stroud/Hartman?

I think those 2 guys have the best arms since Elway/Favre.

My point is Stroud doesn't have that type of arm talent and what I was asking was what trait stands out that makes the Stroud guys think he's a franchise QB? I dont see any traits that standout like the great QB's of the past/present have/had. For instance Sam Hartman looks a lot like Stroud to me and Stroud's working with much less talent around him. What do you think is the difference talent wise from Stroud/Hartman?

Ah, you were saying that Stroud doesn't have an arm comparable to Mahomes or Allen. Got it. I read it as the opposite. Glad that was cleared up, haha, I will definitely agree that Stroud doesn't have that kind of arm talent. That doesn't make it weak, though, and it doesn't mean he can't be a franchise-type QB.

I'm not sold on Stroud being a franchise-type QB (largely due to what you bring up- I don't think there are any physical tools that grade out as potentially top 5 in the NFL), but I do think he can be a top 10 QB. To me, that is potentially worth a #1 (or 2, 3, etc) overall pick, depending on what other talent is available.

As for Stroud vs Hartman... c'mon man, you know that is a poor comparison. Stroud's arm talent (both accuracy and strength) is better. He's bigger. He's younger. I think he sees the field and reads defenses better.

As for Stroud vs Hartman... c'mon man, you know that is a poor comparison. Stroud's arm talent (both accuracy and strength) is better. He's bigger. He's younger. I think he sees the field and reads defenses better.
What do you think of Stroud vs Levis?

I’m not sold on the performances of either tackle this season. With that in mind, I also know the Texans can’t fix the entire OL in one draft either. I know that getting 3 pieces would be unlikely in the next draft, but depending on where that first pick lies in the draft and who’s still on the board…..it could have enough value to add a couple of early round picks.

I’d like to start from the inside out. I want C- Ricky Stromberg, Arkansas and OL- Darnell Wright, Tennessee in 2023. Wright has played OT and has the talent to move inside to start with while the team watches how the tackles fair in 2023. I could also justify a late pick on OG- Cody Mauch, North Dakota State who I think might surprise once on an NFL field.
Connor Galvin is my guy that I like in the 4th rd. I would spend a 3rd on Van Prann from Georgia or Stromberg. If given the chance to get a difference maker like Achane in the 3rd or Stromberg, I would draft Achane and stick with Q at C one more yr. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
This didn't really belong in the week 5 thread so I quoted it here so the discussion can continue here without corrupting Texans Talk forum further...

I would rather add a Center and RB in middle rounds. Have not seen enough of Stromberg yet outside of the A&M game so I will hold off on naming a center. At RB, unless Bijan is taken in the first, I would rather have Roschon Johnson over Achane and then fortify the DL. First 2 rounds should really be pass rusher and WR at least 1 of each. If the Texans think Anderson can approach the value of a Micah Parsons or a Derrick Thomas, he's a must have.

This didn't really belong in the week 5 thread so I quoted it here so the discussion can continue here without corrupting Texans Talk forum further...

I would rather add a Center and RB in middle rounds. Have not seen enough of Stromberg yet outside of the A&M game so I will hold off on naming a center. At RB, unless Bijan is taken in the first, I would rather have Roschon Johnson over Achane and then fortify the DL. First 2 rounds should really be pass rusher and WR at least 1 of each. If the Texans think Anderson can approach the value of a Micah Parsons or a Derrick Thomas, he's a must have.
Achane has world class Hill type speed. I very him as a chess piece that can be used all over the field. As you know he's a TD threat every time he touches the ball and that's something the Texans are currently missing. I'm all for drafting Johnson in the 5th/6th rd. I probably would use one of the extra 6ths to trade up and get him in the 5th. There are a lot of other good RB's that will be available later in the draft too. Kendall Milton the backup RB at Georgia is a guy alot like Johnson.

Thanks for moving our posts to the proper forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
Achane has world class Hill type speed. I very him as a chess piece that can be used all over the field. As you know he's a TD threat every time he touches the ball and that's something the Texans are currently missing. I'm all for drafting Johnson in the 5th/6th rd. I probably would use one of the extra 6ths to trade up and get him in the 5th. There are a lot of other good RB's that will be available later in the draft too. Kendall Milton the backup RB at Georgia is a guy alot like Johnson.

Yes I like Achane's speed, but because of that speed I think he will go higher than you are thinking. Anias Smith has similar speed. Him and Johnson would be sweet

edit: I did not move the posts, just commented here to keep the other thread clean

I'm liking the smallish RB- Blake Corum, Michigan as a potential 3rd down back that brings a lot to the table....like speed (4.33-40), ability to score, and catch. Can block on the outside but his size has hindered his blocking in the backfield.....hence 3rd down back and return man.

I'm liking the smallish RB- Blake Corum, Michigan as a potential 3rd down back that brings a lot to the table....like speed (4.33-40), ability to score, and catch. Can block on the outside but his size has hindered his blocking in the backfield.....hence 3rd down back and return man.
I'm looking for a guy that can be used like Hill is used. A little bit of RB running jet sweeps. Can play in the slot some and outside some. I think Achane can do this. Can Corum? I haven't seen him enough to get a good idea. From what I've seen I do like Corum though.

I'm looking for a guy that can be used like Hill is used. A little bit of RB running jet sweeps. Can play in the slot some and outside some. I think Achane can do this. Can Corum? I haven't seen him enough to get a good idea. From what I've seen I do like Corum though.
You have to hope they get a coaching staff with some creativity

You have to hope they get a coaching staff with some creativity

That's why I'm wanting Kalfka or Joe Lombardi. Both of them are very creative and have been around the league long enough to hire a really good coaching staff.

Reactions: JB
Back