Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Targets for the mid to late rounds

Zoolander. He's so hot right now.

My problem with Milton is the offense he is in. Reports are that the pre-snap read eliminates half the field for the QB, so I'm concerned can he every learn to a) read the D correctly and b) get past his second progression. As a late round flyer I wouldn't hate pick, kid has a cannon; but I don't see Nick going down that path just yet (maybe next year, more likely in 2 years)
That's why he wouldn't be a consideration before the 7th. Not saying I want them to waste a pick on him, but I would understand and trust the Texans if they did. If you could develop him just a little bit, with his athleticism he could generate some trade interest

Or you wait for the projected round and make a move up to snag him.
Depends on how much you like the guy. But I get what you're saying. I dont go by projected rds they may be drafted in. If there's a guy I like and I'm a GM, I'm going to draft my guy. I felt this way about Salyer a couple of yrs ago and feel this way about P. Wilson and Melton in this yrs draft.

Depends on how much you like the guy. But I get what you're saying. I dont go by projected rds they may be drafted in. If there's a guy I like and I'm a GM, I'm going to draft my guy. I felt this way about Salyer a couple of yrs ago and feel this way about P. Wilson and Melton in this yrs draft.
I'm thinking that seeing we are at the lower end of the round, you have the room to move up 20+ spots.
Ordinarily, that should be enough to ensure you get your guy.
I think you're right about Glover though - I think he might go in the 4th.

Posted in the mock draft forum but thought it fit better here. CBs in that 4th round pick range:

If the Texans do go CB in that 4th round range I would look at this cluster of players based on who has gotten the most attention from them in predraft visits:

CB Cam Hart Notre Dame
CB DJ James Auburn
CB Kalen King Penn St
CB Qwantez Stiggers CFL

Stiggers got the top 30 visit, likely because he is the most unknown of this cluster. King looked great as Robin with Joey Porter Jr. in 2022, but not so much as Batman last season. DJ James is the most naturally talented in coverage, but a bit too light in the pants for run defense duty in a DeMeco defense imo.

My target would be Cam Hart if he is there in the 4th. Has starter traits and upside. Will be a willing run defender. Plus he was a team captain this past season. And we know Cap likes captains :)

Posted in the mock draft forum but thought it fit better here. CBs in that 4th round pick range:

If the Texans do go CB in that 4th round range I would look at this cluster of players based on who has gotten the most attention from them in predraft visits:

CB Cam Hart Notre Dame
CB DJ James Auburn
CB Kalen King Penn St
CB Qwantez Stiggers CFL

Stiggers got the top 30 visit, likely because he is the most unknown of this cluster. King looked great as Robin with Joey Porter Jr. in 2022, but not so much as Batman last season. DJ James is the most naturally talented in coverage, but a bit too light in the pants for run defense duty in a DeMeco defense imo.

My target would be Cam Hart if he is there in the 4th. Has starter traits and upside. Will be a willing run defender. Plus he was a team captain this past season. And we know Cap likes captains :)
I wouldn’t draft King. His tape, senior bowl performance, and combine numbers would scare me away in the 4th. I think maybe I’d take a flyer on him in the 7th, but not before.

I like James and Stiggers as options. I like Hart as well, but I think I’ve read that he performs better in off coverage. I’m wondering if we’re going to do more press this year.

I wouldn’t draft King. His tape, senior bowl performance, and combine numbers would scare me away in the 4th. I think maybe I’d take a flyer on him in the 7th, but not before.

I like James and Stiggers as options. I like Hart as well, but I think I’ve read that he performs better in off coverage. I’m wondering if we’re going to do more press this year.

Hart has the traits to fit any type of coverage. Like any player, he has to be coached up. I want to see what Undlin can do with someone like him.

MJ Devonshire CB Pitt

Link

“JM: Are you scheduled to meet with any NFL teams over the next few weeks?

M.J. Devonshire: Throughout the process of attending the East-West Shrine Bowl and the NFL Combine, I’ve met with all 32 teams. I’m going to be taking an in-person 30 visit with the Pittsburgh Steelers. I also have a workout and in-person meeting scheduled with the Buffalo Bills later this month as well.”

This is an interesting prospect for the 6th round picks. Maybe move up into the 5th for him. Nearly 33” arms super long for his frame and finds a way to make big plays on defense and in the return game.

7 ints (3 pick sixes) and a PR td in his last two seasons at Pitt.

Back