Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Tank Dell shot… he’s ok!

Brother, I know I started posting here a lot more when I lived overseas for work, but seven generations of my family are from Texas. I've got my great-great grandfather's decommissioning papers from the Texas Rangers in 1879 hanging on my wall. I've got family buried from Silsbee to El Paso.

And bringing a weapon to a crowded public event with intent to use is still... intent to use. If the intent was to say that the culture of glorifying guns and violence was about the current generation compared to previous generations, then this culture created both Sante Fe and this kid that shot Tank.

You can't tell me there isn't some mental instability in a 16-year-old who sees justification in not only packing, but also in being willing to pull it out and try to kneecap a room full of people. Or worse, and we should be thankful he shoots like a Stormtrooper. Unless we are trying to say a different culture is responsible for that mindset. Which I was told explicitly that we were not trying to say that.

But hey. We are all Texans. Culture is interpretative. Tank hangs out with the wrong type of 16-year-olds.
Tank shouldn't be hanging out with 16 yr olds at all. In fact he shouldn't be putting himself in that situation. He should be very choosy who he hangs out with regardless of age.

Tell me more about this type of behavior down in Memorial Park.

Tank shouldn't be hanging out with 16 yr olds at all. In fact he shouldn't be putting himself in that situation. He should be very choosy who he hangs out with regardless of age.

Tell me more about this type of behavior down in Memorial Park.

My understanding is that the situation doesn't happen without a youth from the culture that glorifies guns and violence being there. So I agree that he should not be hanging out with 16-year-olds.

I'm sure you are well aware that the use of Memorial Park was as a theoretical example of random places one can be and get caught in the middle of youths from a culture that glorify guns and violence. Happens in public places more than it ever should.

Be a little bit more detailed in comparing the wounds of one player to that of tank as was identified by Cloak and Dagger.
I guess to elaborate on my confusion we don't know a ton about Tank's injuries and no one but myself has even mentioned Brian Robinson. Robinson was shot through the leg twice, I believe both passed all the way through his leg including one through his knee which luckily missed major ligaments and tendons.

We don't have super detailed reporting on Tank's injuries except that the bullet missed everything structural which sure sounds pretty close to the Robinson situation to me

Let's remember the facts. This was an adult affair and Tank was not hanging out with 16 year olds. No one under 21 was supposedly admitted and, I'm assuming this since I haven't seen it explicitly stated, firearms were prohibited from the event. There were 10 security guards that reportedly were checking the guests for firearms (Texas is an open carry state).

I find it a bit absurd to find any fault with Tank or any notion that NFL players should not go to bars, or nightclubs, or parties, or should stay away from any affair where alcohol is consumed.

Let's remember the facts. This was an adult affair and Tank was not hanging out with 16 year olds. No one under 21 was supposedly admitted and, I'm assuming this since I haven't seen it explicitly stated, firearms were prohibited from the event. There were 10 security guards that reportedly were checking the guests for firearms (Texas is an open carry state).

I find it a bit absurd to find any fault with Tank or any notion that NFL players should not go to bars, or nightclubs, or parties, or should stay away from any affair where alcohol is consumed.
I’m sure nobody said any of that in the last paragraph, lol. It’s also not absurd to assume that Dell would have made better decisions than hanging out in a crowd like the only he was around the night of the shooting. Nobody cares if he, or any other player, go to clubs and or parties. It’s the location of said bars and parties that has fans that does make a difference and does matter.

I’m sure nobody said any of that in the last paragraph, lol. It’s also not absurd to assume that Dell would have made better decisions than hanging out in a crowd like the only he was around the night of the shooting. Nobody cares if he, or any other player, go to clubs and or parties. It’s the location of said bars and parties that has fans that does make a difference and does matter.
Point taken, but without scrolling back through all the posts, I'm pretty sure I remember there were comments criticizing Tank's being at that affair. I'm not spending an inordinate amount of time on this, but from what I've read, it was not the type of affair that necessarily should have been avoided.

At the end of the day, there was no crowd "like the one he was hanging out with" that night. Someone who wasn't supposed to be there was there. Illegally. That someone not only had a weapon that was illegal for them to possess, but the state of Florida is not Constitutional Carry meaning NO ONE there could have been packing without the correct permits and permission from the property owner.

This was a cornucopia of failure on many parts, but to assume that Tank needs to make better decisions because he went to a party, made up of adults, with a security presence, and that he was somehow supposed to know a fight would break out with a few randoms, one of which was a 16-year-old with a gun and an itchy trigger finger?

Don't they teach this in Rookie School? If you attend an over-21 event that has a high level of security, always be prepared for a 16-year-old with an illegally obtained gun to appear, start a fight and randomly shoot into the crowd.

What does Steven A. Smith say? C'mon man...

Oh, they can go where they wish to go, but when you put yourself in bad situations, dont be surprised when this kinda stuff happens.

Your point is?
I think the point is self evident. You do not have to have tripod or bipod to shoot that many people with an assault rifle. Also many assault rifles today come with collapsible parts and can easily be snuck in most places that do not have machines or dogs guarding entrance. My response was in reply to Mangler's comment.

I think the point is self evident. You do not have to have tripod or bipod to shoot that many people with an assault rifle. Also many assault rifles today come with collapsible parts and can easily be snuck in most places that do not have machines or dogs guarding entrance. My response was in reply to Mangler's comment.
You aren't likely going to be able to sneak an AR-15 into a party like that.

Tell me more about this type of behavior down in Memorial
Being in the same room with 200 other people does not indicate to me that the 16-year-old and tank were hanging out.

Point of the matter, you won’t find great players in these types of predicaments. NBA and NFL players want to live the rapper life style. Tank has to make better choices and maybe he could surround himself with better company (friends) hoping that his friends doesn’t encourage him to hang out in areas where he might get shot at

The crowd does not seem to be the issue, the two shooters that were able to slip in weapons were the issue. Security was part of issue.
OK

Dont be surprised to see this happen again if Dell keeps making these decisions and next time IF he gets killed you can keep on telling yourself this.
I disagree.
Care to tell me how somebody is going to get a rifle into a party? A handgun sure, a rifle not so much.

Oh, they can go where they wish to go, but when you put yourself in bad situations, dont be surprised when this kinda stuff happens.
He went to a party. Is every party a bad situation? Is there a scale for parties that we can use before going to a party that tell us when they are a bad situation? It's easy to define a bad situation once it has already happened.

He went to a party. Is every party a bad situation? Is there a scale for parties that we can use before going to a party that tell us when they are a bad situation? It's easy to define a bad situation once it has already happened.
Parties he should be going to are parties where he knows everybody at the party.

Point of the matter, you won’t find great players in these types of predicaments. NBA and NFL players want to live the rapper life style. Tank has to make better choices and maybe he could surround himself with better company (friends) hoping that his friends doesn’t encourage him to hang out in areas where he might get shot at

Would appreciate it if you could define these areas where he might get shot. As opposed to other areas where he definitely would not get shot.

You said the guy had been shot in legs. We now know that tanks wound was a through and through his leg. My comment to you was how did your example compare to that?
Gotcha, I had said in another comment that Robinson was shot through the knee with one bullet, didn’t find any details on the other bullet except maybe that it hit him in the glute. He had to have surgery but was released 2 days after the shooting so fairly soon.

The only real details we have about Tank’s injury is that it missed anything structural, what that means specifically I don’t know but it doesn’t sound any worse than Robinson and Robinson was back on the field 6 weeks later and playing well

Gotcha, I had said in another comment that Robinson was shot through the knee with one bullet, didn’t find any details on the other bullet except maybe that it hit him in the glute. He had to have surgery but was released 2 days after the shooting so fairly soon.

The only real details we have about Tank’s injury is that it missed anything structural, what that means specifically I don’t know but it doesn’t sound any worse than Robinson and Robinson was back on the field 6 weeks later and playing well
Hope things turnout like this.

I hate to break it to you, but you're going to be very disappointed in every professional athlete if these are your standards.
Apparently you confuse my post with somebody who give a crap.

If they live they live

If they die they die

It's not for me to judge, everybody can live their lives the way they choose. Just dont expect me to be sympathetic when things go terribly wrong.

Last edited:
Several players from the Pacers got into with some people at a club back in the late 90’s . Shots were fired but no one was hit. There are stories of Sugr Knight making players and celebrities pay him if they attended the parties he was at. Shaq was one of those players. I remember seeing several Lakers players at Harlem Knights over off Jensen. Bad spot for any celebrity to be at.

This isn’t anything new, been this way for a long time. These kids, including the superstars will hit up these type of clubs/parties

The Texans need to give an explanation on his condition and the circumstances. I can’t even figure out if he got shot in his broken leg or not. If it’s true this place was billed as family friendly wonder why nobody under “21” was admitted and why were there 10 security guards checking all “family” members for guns? And wasn’t this place out in the boondocks? Did Tank go to Porky’s?

Last edited:
Bad situations these days can be going to church or the grocery store. IOW’s there are no bad situations these days. Lunatics gonna lunatic. Tank is no more at fault than any of us.
That’s why I’d like to know more about this place. I agree, no place is safe but going to a church and grocery store are good decisions. If this was a boondocks bar known for problems (why check for guns if not) then it’s on another level.

This particular party was advertised as "nobody leaves sober".
Reading through this last page of posts defending Tank's attendance, it appears that the theme of the party has been entirely ignored.

The Texans need to give an explanation on his condition and the circumstances. I can’t even figure out if he got shot in his broken leg or not. If it’s true this place was billed as family friendly wonder why nobody under “21” was admitted and why were there 10 security guards checking all “family” members for guns? And wasn’t this place out in the boondocks? Did Tank go to Porky’s?
Cabana Live is normally an establishment that is "family friendly. This particular event was a private venue rented out by a group.

All of us hope that Tank continues to enjoy his youth and celebrity..........while showing more selectiveness about his life choices.

That’s why I’d like to know more about this place. I agree, no place is safe but going to a church and grocery store are good decisions. If this was a boondocks bar known for problems (why check for guns if not) then it’s on another level.
I don’t know what a “boondock” bar is, but checking for weapons isn’t an indication of whether it was an ok place to go or not. They check for weapons and the like going to pretty much every sporting event these days.

Simple Google search shows this place is on the I-4 corridor about 30 miles from his hometown of Daytona and 30 miles from Orlando. Maybe 1/2 mile off the interstate in a fully developed area. It's a venue on a marina next to a luxury RV dealer, so not ghetto or boondocks either. As CnD said, it was rented out for a private event. I think I read in an article that his mom lives in this area.

I don’t know what a “boondock” bar is, but checking for weapons isn’t an indication of whether it was an ok place to go or not. They check for weapons and the like going to pretty much every sporting event these days.
Boondocks is an old term referencing an area that is outside of town, beyond the developed part of the community and beyond law enforcement and control. There is no racial connotation to it.

Boondocks is an old term referencing an area that is outside of town, beyond the developed part of the community and beyond law enforcement and control. There is no racial connotation to it.

"out in the boonies" was a phrase we always said.

For us RVers, boondocking is used to say we are setting up for the night without any hookups.

I knew this thread would get stupid, Just another example of why we can't have discussions regarding these issues.

Tank is alive. When we find out more regarding his status, we will open up the thread. But not to theories on Dell hanging out with ghetto hoodies. The last NFL player shot was in his car. Could have been at a Walmart or even a church.

I've removed any "potentially offensive content" from this thread (If I happened to miss something, report it).... it's being reopened'

Ghetto hoodies and other racially divisive comments will get you deleted from the matrix. Save us the trouble and don't post that crap.
Good stuff

red-pill-of-awareness-or-blue-pill-of-unconsciousness.jpg

I've removed any "potentially offensive content" from this thread (If I happened to miss something, report it).... it's being reopened'

Ghetto hoodies and other racially divisive comments will get you deleted from the matrix. Save us the trouble and don't post that crap.
Appreciate that man. This is a touchy subject. I’m part of gen Z, Ik the mindset some of us have. To the replies to my earlier post, I hope you didn’t interpret it as Tank hanging with bad people. I’m with you guys. I want what’s best for Tank. My biggest point was minimizing potentially dangerous situations at all cost. Also hoping our vets are actually vets and not the players who want to just fit in with the new school. Tank is a good guy. He’s not the kc receiver who’s ruining his nfl career by speeding in cars and causing crashes. Hopefully we can move forward. What’s done is done and this is a valuable lesson for Tank and everyone.

Back