Will I win my bet?

• Yes

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters

usernameJJ

Waterboy
So me and a friend made a bet on if the Texans will win more than 4 games this year. I said they would definitely not win 5 and he thinks I have lost my mind. If they win exactly 4 the bet is a push. Will I win, yes or no?

FireBOB

Waterboy
So me and a friend made a bet on if the Texans will win more than 4 games this year. I said they would definitely not win 5 and he thinks I have lost my mind. If they win exactly 4 the bet is a push. Will I win, yes or no?
The Vegas line is 7.5 wins, so unless you got better than even money you made a terrible wager. Your money would have been much better placed on the official line where even 7 wins would net you a profit.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Hard to say.
If the Texans incur the number of "supposedly" occurence of injuries and turmoil at roughly the same rate as all the teams in the league, 6 wins, IMO.

But the Texans have been fairly fortunate in this department in the last few years, and have been a bit lucky on the field.
(See points scored vs points allowed.)
(The Jags, on the other hand, were decimated by both injuries and internal turmoil.)

A downturn to catch up with the law of average , combined with the tough schedule to start the season may create the turmoil to throw the season into a tail spin.
It's just a matter of when.
The Texans may start 0-4, or even 0-5.
0-5 might just be strong enough of a Low Pressure Area that creates that depression that leads to the storm.

On the other hand, they might get lucky with a 2-3 record that pushes them toward mediocrity (8 wins).

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Hard to say.
If the Texans incur the number of "supposedly" occurence of injuries and turmoil at roughly the same rate as all the teams in the league, 6 wins, IMO.

But the Texans have been fairly fortunate in this department in the last few years, and have been a bit lucky on the field.
(The Jags, on the other hand, were decimated by both injuries and internal turmoil.)

A downturn to catch up with the law of average , combined with the tough schedule to start the season may create the turmoil to throw the season into a tail spin.
0-5 might just be strong enough of a Low Pressure Area that creates that depression that leads to the storm.

On the other hand, they might get lucky with a 2-3 record that pushes them toward mediocrity (8 wins).
This post is what freaks out the DVOA nerds.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I said 5-11 several weeks ago , I stand by that.

They suck .... but not enough for you to win that bet and not enough for OB to get canned.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I would say IMO you made a horrible bet. Unless you have 100,000/1.

It is certainly possible that the Texans finish under 4 but I doubt it happens.

Even in OBs worst season they made it to 4 wins so IF you had made the bet under 7 or a draw at 8 I would have a harder time voting "no"

Even if you win your bet though, Covid gave OB a built in excuse to stick around another season and be promoted to coowner.... so we all lose.

76Texan

Hall of Fame

On the other hand, they might get lucky with a 2-3 record.
Well, they might still get lucky and win the next two games, but JJUsername, your bet is looking brighter now.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Hard to say.

Thanks to BOB's getting kicked out of the door, the Texans didn't start out 0-5.

:hankpalm: