I am not backing BOB, but I think what happened was:We really could use Clowny about now. As a fan it sucks that some personality conflict made us lose Clowny. I get that we probably could not have kept him long term but by all accounts before the relationship really soured Clowny was going to play for us this year on the tag. We had the money. If only our head coach could put his personal feelings aside and really do "what is best for the team".
- We needed to protect DW4 ASAP, and the guys here were not ready for 2019
- They worked Miami to get a rd1, Clowney and RD2 for Tunsil. I looked at the math, and you cannot pay everyone so for 2019 you could have them both, but not beyond
- Clowney had to agree, he blocked it, did not want to go to that dumpster fire
- Now he would not play and forced hand to trade to Eagles/Seattle
- We did him right and made it happen, he wins for sure
- We added another pick to get Tunsil
So after they did not get a deal, nor any bites before July 15, they tucked their tail and got on with it as Clowney likely only comes in then after week 8 or so.
This is what I am sensing from all the public articles, only a couple of people know the whole story