Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Takeaways from the Raiders game.

disaacks3

Staff member
Akins has one of the worst halves of football I can remember a Texan having.

Given the number of guys playing that have been on the team less than 3 weeks, that was an outstanding win.
I'm wondering why Akins regressed so badly yesterday. Couldn't block, couldn't catch, couldn't seem to get his head out.

Secondary looked as atrocious as I'd expected. I figured we'd be in a higher-scoring shootout, but we managed to make the Raiders defense look relatively competent.

Team never seems to be ready for the game to start. It's great to come-from-behind and win, but it'd sure be nice to curb stomp opponents from the opening gun every once in a while.

Worried about Tunsil, this line is capable with him @LT and Howard @ RT. Anything less and we're back to Watson roulette.

No telling what RAC will do now to generate pressure. Maybe it'll work out, but I'm not betting on it.

Last edited:

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'm wondering why Akins regressed so badly yesterday. Couldn't block, couldn't catch, couldn't seem to get his head out.

Secondary looked as atrocious as I'd expected. I figured we'd be ina higher=scoring shootout, but we managed to make the Raiders defense look relatively competent.

Team never seems to be ready for the game to start. It's great to come-from-behind and win, but it'd sure be nice to curb stomp opponents from the opening gun every once in a while.

Worried about Tunsil, this line is capable with him @LT and Howard @ RT. Anything less and we're back to Watson roulette.

No telling what RAC will do now to generate pressure. Maybe it'll work out, but I'm not betting on it.
Well akins could never block, but his catching issues were new

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Another injury in the secondary ?!

Pretty soon they will be suiting up the cheerleaders on the back end.

Bye week cant get here fast enough ...
I'd like to win in London. But I'd rather Jjo, Fuller, Howard, Roby, & LonnieJ get healthy. If sitting them out this week gets us there, that's what I hope we do.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
It's like I've said a few times around here - as long as we have Watson, we have a chance in any given game. As long as we have O'Brien, we have no long term hope.
O'Brien is really putting the "Watson and not much else" strategy to the test

mussop

Hall of Fame
Funny stuff
Put any other QB we’ve had other than Watson and we would be lucky to win even 1 of these games. I realize Watson isn’t on the elite QBing level of Brady or Rodgers. I doubt anyone believes he is. He is however an incredibly gifted athlete who has the ability to turn busted plays into positive ones.

he is the reason we’re were we are. Regardless of his imperfections as a classic QB, we wouldn’t be were we are without him. He makes up for his imperfections with unbelievable instincts and athleticism.

As a coach OB does nothing to make up for his imperfections. After 6 years he’s still making the same mistakes over and over. His game management is flat out garbage.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Put any other QB we’ve had other than Watson and we would be lucky to win even 1 of these games. I realize Watson isn’t on the elite QBing level of Brady or Rodgers. I doubt anyone believes he is. He is however an incredibly gifted athlete who has the ability to turn busted plays into positive ones.

he is the reason we’re were we are. Regardless of his imperfections as a classic QB,
we wouldn’t be were we are without him. He makes up for his imperfections with unbelievable instincts and athleticism.

As a coach OB does nothing to make up for his imperfections. After 6 years he’s still making the same mistakes over and over. His game management is flat out garbage.
Spot On, But

And yes BOB has tried to help him by simplifying things/running more RPO's/Heck he even used Watson as a tailback a couple of times yesterday. You cant get much more simpler than that.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Are we still doing this?
Apparently you are

I just stayed the truth from yesterday.

How do you feel about Watson being used as a tailback? Using all of his strengths including running the ball.

Isn't this what you wanted?