Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Takeaways from the Raiders game.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Well Raiders managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
But seriously, I was impressed by the way our boys battled away with starters dropping like flies.
The first half was typical unbearable to watch Texans football but the second half showed some grit and determination to gut out a satisfying win.
I thought Watson grew in stature in that 2nd half.
DF is a keeper, as are Hyde and Johnson.
Hopkins was phenomenal once again.
Man, I hope we get some starters back next week.
5-3.
I'll open it up.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Watson is pretty good. But still not seeing the field. I'm just watching the broadcast & some of the reads he makes doesn't make sense. Can't imagine what I'd see watching the all 22.

Also, looked like he was doing a lot of receiver correcting. So there are still communication issues. He & the receivers aren't seeing the same thing, & that might be the root of those decisions I mentioned earlier.

Why is QT in the doghouse.

Axisbuck24

Practice Squad
Praying it’s not a torn pec muscle, ugh we need some heathy players! Any word on Tunsil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Good enough to collect about 10 tackles this season, including 2 or 3 sacks for the Seahawks. (that's not great, by the way)
Yeah, but if no JJ. Man I got buddies that wanted JJ traded not Clowney. Told them they stupid. But man, Clowney is disruptive with out stats. No JJ we got no disruptive or stats.

This is worse case scenario. Merci has kind of dissapeared.

No DBs and no pass rush
Recipe for disaster.

DW4 gonna have to quit being Jordan and be superman lol

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
It was ugly to watch against a mediocre opponent but i've been impressed by what RAC has got out of the back end of the roster at DB.

He's had special teamers playing significant snaps out there and it hasnt been stellar performance but it has kept us in games.

Cant believe JJ is done for the year what a shame. Pass rush is going to be an issue the rest of the way.

Watson got it done this week, after a slow start.

austins23

Hall of Fame
OB still can’t get these guys coming out of the locker room fired up. Sleep walking for a while.
The D gave up only 6 points in second half without Watt so there’s that.
Running game needs to be more consistent.
And why is OB keeping Coutee on the pine?
Watson is the man
Clark has no business being employeed
Martin, on D, needs more playing time.

Texansballer74

The Marine
OB still can’t get these guys coming out of the locker room fired up. Sleep walking for a while.
The D gave up only 6 points in second half without Watt so there’s that.
Running game needs to be more consistent.
And why is OB keeping Coutee on the pine?
Watson is the man
Clark has no business being employeed
Martin, on D, needs more playing time.

Heard he's been late to meetings.

It was ugly to watch against a mediocre opponent but i've been impressed by what RAC has got out of the back end of the roster at DB.

He's had special teamers playing significant snaps out there and it hasnt been stellar performance but it has kept us in games.

Cant believe JJ is done for the year what a shame. Pass rush is going to be an issue the rest of the way.

Watson got it done this week, after a slow start.
Honestly the raiders are a solid team. They may finish 9-7

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Looking at the stat sheet one would think we dominated.

We won the time of possession 35:53 to 24:07

1st down: 29 to 15
Penalties: ( 7-50) to their (11-100)
74 plays to 54
It's because we gave up big plays on defense, and we struggled in red zone the first half.

The tackling by the secondary was horrible. I understand they're going to give up receptions, but we gotta make that tackle and avoid the big plays.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
HOUSTON TEXANS
Deshaun Watson did just enough to come away with the victory. He was able to scramble away from constant pressure to accumulate solid yardage on the ground, and he found open receivers while on the move on several occasions. The most important of those came when he was able to break away from a sack attempt to find tight end Darren Fells in the end zone for the game-winning score.

DeAndre Hopkins put together another excellent game as the focal point of the offense. However, it was his late second effort toward the tail end of the fourth quarter that will be remembered. As Hopkins extended for the first down with a three-point lead, cornerback Daryl Worley seemed to pry the ball from his hands. However, the play was ruled dead, and the Texans came away with the victory.

Gareon Conley was a huge factor in the outcome of this game. He was burned by his former teammate Tyrell Williams for a touchdown, but he made up for it on the Raiders’ last offensive play when he broke up a pass to Williams that would’ve given Oakland a first down. Instead, it forced the Raiders to punt, and the Texans were able to run out the clock

Before going down with an injury, J.J. Watt was on his way to another solid game. He made multiple plays in the run game, including one huge tackle for loss on the play he ended up getting injured on.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-8-pff-refocused-houston-texans-27-oakland-raiders-24

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Watson is pretty good at football ….

This might be the worst coached team in the league.
So many penalties. So many questionable play calls.
Never seem prepared at the kickoff.
The offense sucks unless Watson does something off script.

OB needs to go.

Watt injury sucks.

Tunsil ?

Another injury in the secondary ?!

Pretty soon they will be suiting up the cheerleaders on the back end.

Bye week cant get here fast enough ...

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I was talking to my dad today and I was like whos next to be in Texans RIng of honor and 1 obvs choice is jj watt …. but now he might retire or be traded …. crazy

tho Andre Johnson did play for the colts and titans his last 2 years so who knows LOL

Texansballer74

The Marine
Watson is pretty good at football ….

This might be the worst coached team in the league.
So many penalties. So many questionable play calls.
Never seem prepared at the kickoff.
The offense sucks unless Watson does something off script.

OB needs to go.

Watt injury sucks.

Tunsil ?

Another injury in the secondary ?!

Pretty soon they will be suiting up the cheerleaders on the back end.

Bye week cant get here fast enough ...

The Raiders had 11 penalties to our 7. It seemed like we had more than that, because the commentators kepted expressing how we're the most penalized team.

Hoptimus Prime

Waterboy
The offense has immense potential but will never fully realize it with this regime. The secondary can get healthy and be much better later in the season, but as it stands, this may be the worst defense in the league. I’m glad we have Watson and Hopkins to keep me interested.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
The Raiders had 11 penalties to our 7. It seemed like we had more than that, because the commentators kepted expressing how we're the most penalized team.

7 is too many - most of them are pre-snap …. that's just not being disciplined and that's on the coaching staff.

And that was only one part of my complaining! …. :corrosion:

Scooter

Funky
I haven't seen anything on it yet, and if it's serious Doc will certainly be the better resource (and we'd already hear about it), but I'm grateful that the kick Watson took seemed to be above his eye instead of below. He's probably going to look appropriately gnarly for Halloween, but aside from swelling and at worst a busted vessel, he should be relatively fine against the Jags.

I'm more concerned about his increasing 'angry Cam Newton' appearance. Pointing and correcting failed plays as guys return to the huddle and visible disgust with penalties, followed by isolation on the bench with the towel not just on his head but blocking eye contact.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I haven't seen anything on it yet, and if it's serious Doc will certainly be the better resource (and we'd already hear about it), but I'm grateful that the kick Watson took seemed to be above his eye instead of below. He's probably going to look appropriately gnarly for Halloween, but aside from swelling and at worst a busted vessel, he should be relatively fine against the Jags.

I'm more concerned about his increasing 'angry Cam Newton' appearance. Pointing and correcting failed plays as guys return to the huddle and visible disgust with penalties, followed by isolation on the bench with the towel not just on his head but blocking eye contact.
Maybe he's frustrated and ready to quit on obrien

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
takeaways? Defense sucks, but thank God we have this guy:

"boo hoo, boo hoo he doesnt see every single progression on every sing play boo hoo"

Cant coach a winner on how to be a winner. Just win baby. Just win.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I left at the start of the 4th as it was awful. 60% of my section at least was Raiders and annoying as heck. Maybe people sold because of Astros, but this made the whole event horrible to sit through in the first half especially
I think they were cheering Trump at World Series. :ahhaha: