Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Super Bowl LIII

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Good night 2018 nfl season. In the aftermath Ru paul is judging a martial arts exhibition. Wtf?

Upset we didn't get our GOT trailer tonight.

It's gonna be a long offseason.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Whiteboy receiver gotta have a whiteboy who can pass to him so the Rams weren't really a match for the Pats, so too bad Brees & the Saints couldn't been in tonights game which
would have probably been more interesting.
Yeah, would totally prefer saints pats

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
And again we as Texans fans sit and watch...

Plotting our revenge. Just a few more moves...just a few more

Right.
......better yet, just a couple of more years and the tandem of Beli / Brady will ride off into the NFL sunset. The Texans are close but if they focus on building a team for the next 2 seasons......they can be in the AFC drivers seat when Beli and Brady bid farewell to the NFL. There will be competition but the Texans could be on the cusp of finally getting all their pieces on the table at the same time.

OptimisticTexan

I did my best but I was tired. I started the evening off by going to 1800 showing of "The Upside" (Absolutely excellent by the way) got home shortly after 2000. Talked with our daughter till 2230. Wife went to sleep. It was nice b/c the base approved 1000 arrival time for Monday. So, I finally had the TV and lounge chair in the ready and just before kick-off.....fell asleep!!! Woke up at 0230 and the halftime show was on and there was no indication on the TV as to what the score was, so I broke out the iPad and discovered the score was 3-0 and the Rams had been shutdown. My power nap had me ready to go, so I took Shiloh outside for her latrine visit.....it was nice and cool. Woke my arse completely up. Watched pretty much more of the same missed, in the 2nd half. Rams got worked.

Anyhow, game is done or I'm done at 0430 and finally crawl into bed. My wife is up at 0500 doing her things and comes and gets me out of bed 0715 saying she's ready to hit the gym......damn I totally forgot I made that insane promise. I figured I'd be in bed after the 1st quarter and up again to catch the end of the 4th quarter. Didn't work out like that at all and today......my arse is dragging with plenty on the agenda. The life and times of a football fan.

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
IMHO football is not the same anymore. For me the luster is gone.

I don't really mind who wins the championship, but I do mind when the rug is being pulled from underneath me.

It's the calls and non calls that's bugging me these days. How momentum is being shifted by the refs. How the NFC/AFC championship games were under officiated to a super bowl that is overly officiated.
It is unwatchable.......... and that is what I am going to do, not watch.

For example:
3rd quarter
2 first downs by the Rams
Ticky Tack holding on Rams (1 and 20)
Goff runs and gets hit while going out of bounce (no call)

Jeeeze.............. makes my skin crawl.

I am hoping the XFL can make me love this game again. I don't believe so I think football is inherently corrupt.

Last edited:

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Congrats to the Pats - you gotta hand it to Belichek.
The way he coached that team and controlled that game was just masterful.
A super physical game and to keep the Rams to just 3 points was just phenomenal defense.
The only way to stop them is to take out Brady and even Rams front could not do that.
On to the Draft!

OptimisticTexan

I don't really mind who wins the championship, but I do mind when the rug is being pulled from underneath me.

It's the calls and non calls that's bugging me these days. How momentum is being shifted by the refs. How the NFC/AFC championship games were under officiated to a super bowl that is overly officiated.

For example:
3rd quarter

I am hoping the XFL can make me love this game again. I don't believe so I think football is inherently corrupt.
Valid points.....but I'll find myself following and watching the Texans and NFL football. Man, I've been an avid fan for 50 years.

I'm 100% in agreement that the refs have too much power in this game....especially in this game which should've had the Saints playing instead of the Rams. It's like, yes everyone saw the refs screw the Saints, yes the NFL acknowledged the screwing.....but hey, we're the NFL and you'll just have to get over the fact that the wrong NFC made the SB. Dang, was the Saints that big of a threat to the Patriots?

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

A super physical game and to keep the Rams to just 3 points was just phenomenal defense.
The only way to stop them is to take out Brady and even Rams front could not do that.
On to the Draft!
Almost like he knew every play they were going to call......

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Almost like he knew every play they were going to call......
Whelp, the way I see it, when you have Belichek and Brady, two GOATs, plus an all time great oline coach and you win the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball, you have a recipe that is going to be hard to beat.
If nothing changes, its going to be more of the same next year.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
On to the Draft!
I second that and they are clearly the greatest NFL franchise of contemporary times, of this century and nobody else is even close. And Belichek is without doubt the GOAT of NFL HCs.
And Brady is the GOAT in terms of accomplishments especially in championship & P/O NFL football but certainly not in terms of sheer talent as several others including the likes of Marino and Elway were more talented QBs. And last night was a rather pedestrian effort by Bradys standards.
BTW the LA QB Goff was clearly in over his head, and I sure like our guy better.

Reactions: JB

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I second that and they are clearly the greatest NFL franchise of contemporary times, of this century and nobody else is even close. And Belichek is without doubt the GOAT of NFL HCs.
And Brady is the GOAT in terms of accomplishments especially in championship & P/O NFL football but certainly not in terms of sheer talent as several others including the likes of Marino and Elway were more talented QBs. And last night was a rather pedestrian effort by Bradys standards.
BTW the LA QB Goff was clearly in over his head, and I sure like our guy better.
Yeah Wade kept up with Belichek on the defensive side, but Goff/ McVea were clearly outmatched by Brady

banned1976

sleeper mode
Ok, fine, Super Bowl 53 was good defense, Brady and Beli are the GOAT QB and NFL HC. Not an entertaining game, no great plays anywhere.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame

For example:
3rd quarter

Basically the team you wanted to win didn't win so the entire NFL is ruined, no longer exciting, and just a big lackluster sport just loke that huh? Lol!

Sports snowflakes. Pats just put on a clinic of defense on a historic offense and we saw a very competitive SB. This is what defense looks like.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Are you in here to kneel and kiss the rings? They've won 3 out of 4 SB's since you said they'd never win one again. Come on give it to me one more time and tell me how bullshit this SB win was? I know that you are dying to make Max Kellerman or Rob Barker proud. Whatcha got? :thisbig:

eriadoc

Texan-American
Ok, fine, Super Bowl 53 was good defense, Brady and Beli are the GOAT QB and NFL HC. Not an entertaining game, no great plays anywhere.
I'd say the INT by the Pats when the Rams were attempting to drive to match the Pats TD was a great play. I'd say the defense on both sides played great damn near every snap. It won't get talked about much, but holding the Pats to 13 points in today's NFL is an effort worth talking about. But the Rams offense was stymied through a combination of the Pats D and Gurley's apparent injury.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Out of 267 football games, you're going to have 13-3 clunkers. Just so happens this one was the biggest game of all. Shit happens.
Agreed.

SB 53 was slightly intriguing (I strongly believed the Patriots would win the SB weeks before the game was played) but not exciting; to me anyway.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Are you in here to kneel and kiss the rings? They've won 3 out of 4 SB's since you said they'd never win one again. Come on give it to me one more time and tell me how bullshit this SB win was? I know that you are dying to make Max Kellerman or Rob Barker proud. Whatcha got? :thisbig:
i would kiss the rings.............but i can't get close enough to Brady to do so...not with you, Skip Bayless & Boomer Esiason hovered around..... and underneath him just begging him to T-bag ya.

LMAO...Dude you're acting more like Kellerman, and Parker than I am seeking me out in a thread to talk about something i posted & forgot about 3-4 years ago...I mean that's the definition of :loser.

Your troll game is weak old fella, step it up. Here let me help you: I still hold at least 2-3 other qbs and HC's above Brady & Belichick....Now go on, tell us why you mad son :mad:?

Funny thing is...i don't seem to remember you eager to post patriot gloat posts to me after last year's SB........I wonder why...:hmmm:

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
That and the fact there's just 9 fans in LA who give a flip.
They're going to solve this problem in part with the Raiders moving to Las Vegas. Californians like football but they're into college ball. 4 NFL teams is too much.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
They're going to solve this problem in part with the Raiders moving to Las Vegas. Californians like football but they're into college ball. 4 NFL teams is too much.
It'll take time to build a base though. They were without a team for over 20 years. Most of their home games are going to have a high percentage of opposing fans until they start getting a new generation in. Then there's the fact they have to decide between 2 teams who to give their loyalty to. Its probably gonna take a minute.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
It'll take time to build a base though. They were without a team for over 20 years. Most of their home games are going to have a high percentage of opposing fans until they start getting a new generation in. Then there's the fact they have to decide between 2 teams who to give their loyalty to. Its probably gonna take a minute.
Horrible decision to move the Chargers to LA. Should be one team each in San Diego, LA & San Fran.

Oakland kind of worked only because it was Oakland, the dark side of the bay (in a gritty way), the men in black. Doesn't work in LA.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Chargers and Rams will end up moving again someday, Oakland will already be gone, and San Fran will still have the 49ers.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Chargers and Rams will end up moving again someday, Oakland will already be gone, and San Fran will still have the 49ers.
The Chargers and San Diego need to work out their pissy fight.

Absolutely great city. Military bars for cheap drinks.* Seafood and Mexican. Grilled calamari on the beach. Great weather. My favorite in California. Hate, HATE, LA. San Francisco is fun because it is so eclectic. Sh!t weather.

* don't ever fu@k with the military in San Diego. About to have a fight with some Marines one night. Jackhole civilian mouthed off. And then it was Army & Marines against jackholes. Too easy. Many shots were had thereafter.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
California and St. Louis seem to have short attention spans when it comes to some NFL franchises. Then again, lot's of teams move, just some more than others.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
California and St. Louis seem to have short attention spans when it comes to some NFL franchises. Then again, lot's of teams move, just some more than others.
St. Louis was a creation of a few powerful men. I represented one. They thought they'd pull more business than they did so it collapsed. California is over-saturated.

gary

Hall of Fame
The fact that the defense played so well I am surprised there is not another cheating scandal yet. LOL.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
St. Louis was a creation of a few powerful men. I represented one. They thought they'd pull more business than they did so it collapsed. California is over-saturated.
I know you don't mean you represented one of the cities founders but I'm curious about what are you saying here because I'm a Missouri native so I know something about St. Louis even though I'm from the other side of Missouri, the west side which is KC.
But I do know that St.Louis unlike Kansas City has been struggling economically for years and is therefor in decline which is one of the reasons that Kroenke moved the
team along with all of the irresistible opportunities of having an NFL franchise back in the countrys second largest metro area for the first time in many years.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
I know you don't mean you represented one of the cities founders but I'm curious about what are you saying here because I'm a Missouri native so I know something about St. Louis even though I'm from the other side of Missouri, the west side which is KC.
But I do know that St.Louis unlike Kansas City has been struggling economically for years and is therefor in decline which is one of the reasons that Kroenke moved the
team along with all of the irresistible opportunities of having an NFL franchise back in the countrys second largest metro area for the first time in many years.
I meant the team. Group thought an NFL team would make the city renew. Fun few years. They had box seats, planes. Guy I worked with had been the police chief. No worries driving.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Over saturated? They just aren't die hard football fans. Never have been. That's why Rams and Raiders have already bailed on them before. They support the Lakers and the Dodgers just fine. The idea that L.A fans were going to all of a sudden support two football teams was horrifically stupid. They just aren't big in football there.

Last edited:

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Rams made it to the SB, they were doing something right.
They bought a SB caliber team. They were really good last season, and added Suh, Talib, Peters, and Cooks in one off season which was one of the most unfair rosters I've seen in the last 10 years. Just glad they didn't win it.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Trades/FA signings/Drafting well

Hopefully the Texans will follow this model.
Texans will never take the aggressiveness that the Rams took in last off season. I could only wish and dream. Gaine is another Rick. Could you imagine a Texans team adding Talib or Suh? That alone would never happen. Not to mention adding two scumbags like that, and also a high paid WR and another top 10 CB? That would take 3 off seasons to add all of that to the Texans at the pace they work.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Over saturated? They just aren't die hard football fans. Never have been. That's why Rams and Raiders have already bailed on them before. They support the Lakers and the Dodgers just fine. The idea that L.A fans were going to all of a sudden support two football teams was horrifically stupid. They just aren't big in football there.
Yes they are over-saturated. And "they" was California not LA. 4 pro teams (Texas is 3/4s as big and has 2) and a whole bunch of college ball which is heavily attended. Since there are both pro & college in all the big cities many people pick one. The same isn't true of Texas.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Yes they are over-saturated. And "they" was California not LA. 4 pro teams (Texas is 3/4s as big and has 2) and a whole bunch of college ball which is heavily attended. Since there are both pro & college in all the big cities many people pick one. The same isn't true of Texas.
These are some valid points Cak, but I just don't think they're a football city like that. Some just aren't. They've had enough periods of time with teams there and they all end up bailing. I think they will again especially with a franchise like the Chargers who just don't captivate fans that well and never have and the Rams who do't seem to have that storied of a franchise either. The SB numbers from L.A. was not that good even with their own team there. I think one of both teams will end up leaving again in the next 10 years. I could be wrong, but I think the fans there are way to shaky.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
You touched on this, part of the problem is the owners demanding new stadiums ir improvements and then moving. Oakland has always felt they have some of the best fans but Davis kept jacking them for money. I never got the Chargers moving and think they should move back. That was a fight for public funding also.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Having said that LA & San Fran/Bay Area both keep trying to run 4 major draws, 2 pro & 2 college. That really splits up the crowd.

OptimisticTexan

I still believe San Antonio is a major market that just needs to be tapped. Jerry Jones shouldn't have that much say in blocking a team from taking advantage of this potential market

Football and baseball stadiums need to be placed outside Universal City and before New Braunfels. Corporate Box purchases would come from both San Antonio and Austin. Fans from both cities and every city in between would make a solid fan base.

I would include the wooing of the Rays or Marlins at some point since I don't see the Florida market keeping them afloat for the long haul.

Bottom line.....Texas is a heck of draw and for many obvious reasons.