Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

STROUD NAMED STARTER

exactly. So why this fake drama. nobody, and I mean literally nobody, bought the act.

Unlike others, I think amateur hour at the Improv should be left to the comedy club circuit.

not only does it insult my intelligence, it’s stupid, petty, childish, and makes the ship look rudderless.

I get the first two weeks to a point. After that, set your sails in the direction you want to go, and let your players know…this is your leader.

I realize the golden boy is beyond reproach. I praise when due. I criticize when due. I am not a fanboy of anyone. I call balls and strikes as I see them. This was a failure of leadership and an unnecessary distraction.

Hopefully it won’t be repeated. He’s learning like everyone In a new job.
I don't get why it is such a big deal to you

Whether a stroke of strategical genius or bumbling Texans blunder.

He has been named... on the brightside at least it could have been worse.... could have been a "game day decision".

Disagree.

Look at it this way -

A father can give his son a chance to put wrestle him but the son will never win at a young age.

Mills got to play with the first team. That was a chance. Unless he lit the world on fire or Stroud wasn’t going to prove his worth then Mills wasn’t going to earn the starting job.

Another aspect is the motivational and team building aspect of it. Stroud had to earn it. By doing so Stroud was pushed and in the process got some respect from teammates. And a message was sent to the team.

If you don’t understand the motivational aspect, being pushed, etc then it won’t ever make sense.
I totally get the motivation part of this.

But we'll have to agree to disagree on whether Stroud would be the starter from the time he was drafted.

BTW, NRG is sold out with Stroud starting his 1st game. Great marketing tool. Hannah's a genius. She turned around public perception in a years time. That's all that matters. Winning is secondary.

I don't have a clue what DeMeco was doing with the QB decision. Trying to be cute for what purpose? I'm sure Baltimore wasn't quaking in their boots at the prospect of Davis Mills playing instead of CJ. Was that it? Give me a break.

I hope this smartest guy in the room act that fools nobody that seems to have spread from Nick to DeMeco ends here and now.

That's now two demerits on DeMeco since the start of camp.

I think this move served a number of purposes:

-It gave the coaches more time to evaluate.

-It encourages cj not to become complacent

-It encourages every back up to fight a Lil harder because MAYBE dm did have a chance against #2 overall

-cj wasn't handed the starter spot right off the bat specifically because of his draft spot. You want the team to understand that. You want cj to be a leader and it's harder for him to do that if it looks like he was "gifted" a role.

-The coaching staff wants to prove they will make the hard moves despite name recognition. That notion was further solidified with recent cuts. They want everyone to feel accountable for every day, every rep, every snap.

Individually all of these points are debatable, but collectively they make sense. At least to me. I don't think this is a BOB smartest guy in the room move. It was a deliberate move to set the tone and build the locker room.

I actually think waiting to name cj the starter was a strong move. Even if we all knew it was inevitable.

I am afraid for stroud here TBH.

New OC
Patchwork Line
Defensive minded coach
New WR

Mills should start. Wee not going no where this year.... really

I am afraid for stroud here TBH.

New OC
Patchwork Line
Defensive minded coach
New WR

Mills should start. Wee not going no where this year.... really
Stroud's gonna learn like Mills did. Dealing with a poor ol is part a parcel for a rookie QB going to a rebuilding team. He ain't in college anymore

I totally get the motivation part of this.

But we'll have to agree to disagree on whether Stroud would be the starter from the time he was drafted.

BTW, NRG is sold out with Stroud starting his 1st game. Great marketing tool. Hannah's a genius. She turned around public perception in a years time. That's all that matters. Winning is secondary.
The moment Easterbunny was let go, things around the franchise changed. If he were still here along with his fakeness, Ryans wouldn't be here. He should've been fired when BOB was fired, but that was Nick's man. The best thing Lovie did was accelerate the firing of that man. now the old players are back and can be run like a real organization

The moment Easterbunny was let go, things around the franchise changed. If he were still here along with his fakeness, Ryans wouldn't be here. He should've been fired when BOB was fired, but that was Nick's man. The best thing Lovie did was accelerate the firing of that man. now the old players are back and can be run like a real organization

Is this being run like a real org?

Is this being run like a real org?

At this time…..it has all the appearances of being ran better than it ever has. Success should be the next step. 6-9 wins would be a major step in the right direction.

Also, let the Browns fall flat and a very integral piece could be added in 2024 via the draft…..WR- Marvin Harrison Jr (Ohio State).

His thug lifestyle got him to be captain. :bigboss:

There was a photo I was trying to attach, but couldn’t…..and yes, I know how. It was a photo of Stroud, Keenum, Dell, and another player I didn’t recognize at the Cougars game…..tongue in cheek humor.

My wife and I are currently visiting Slupsk, Poland and getting a copy of the photo and attaching using my phone isn’t going to happen.

Back