Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Steve Slaton released

I guess the Texans put him on the trading block for a few weeks to see if there were an suitors and couldn't find any, so they finally released him.

I was expecting this to happen, but I didn't expect it to be during the middle of the season. I hope Obybanana does well, but I'm not too excited about him. He didn't really show any talent that impressed me during the preseason. We'll see.

I will be interested to see what he does in a new environment.

Also want see what he can do with an offense that isn't stuck in 1997

@JasonLaCanfora:
"Texans are releasing former feature back Steve Slaton and promoting RB Chris Ogbonnaya from practice squad to take his place"

good luck to Steve wherever he may go.....too bad it did not work out here....had that feeling this was going to happen...

Congrats to Chris Ogbonnaya....thought he deserved a shot the way he played preseason.....

On field style. I liked watching him play.

Many people here seemed to like him back then. I still remember the debates here after their rookies years when Titans fans would claim CJ was better that Slaton. No way, right?
Difference then was that Slaton wouldn't be afraid to run inside.

Like Glanville said, the NFL stands for Not For Long.

Good luck Steve and thank you for your service. Steve was a damn good RB before injury.

Again, good luck Steve and thank you!!!

Go Texans!!!

It's about damn time!

I feel sorry that he got hurt, but he was never the same afterward. This nonsense about "not being used appropriately" is just that. Nonsense.

I bet we never hear from him again.

It was going to happen sooner or later, but I wish it had happened sooner. Obi looked to be more useful in the preseason than Slaton did, and there's a lot more potential for him to improve. Slaton on the other hand looks like damaged goods. If he didn't have the neck injury, our RB corps would be insanely good.

People here are also forgetting that OgBo "sucked" when he was running behind 2nd and 3rd string blockers, something that makes any RB "suck."

In the Jets game when Ward went down, OgBo carried the ball the rest of the game and he did better than Steve Slaton has in the last 2-3 years here.

This offense is best when Foster and Tate are both healthy and switching out all game long. To me, having Foster in the Saints game might have made all the difference in the world (I know that sounds obvious).

Whomever told Slaton to gain all that weight after his rookie season made a huge mistake. I get that we needed a Red Zone bowling ball, but, Slaton was just not built for that, and it slowed him down.

Whomever told Slaton to gain all that weight after his rookie season made a huge mistake. I get that we needed a Red Zone bowling ball, but, Slaton was just not built for that, and it slowed him down.

True but Slaton did that to himself to avoid injury.

To Chris O. - Hook'em!!!

I didn't like what Toan said either but "wimminz" is not a ban worthy word. I've heard worse from cjeremey. Heck even me! For the most part, I liked what Toan brought to the board. He talked football.

It isn't just the word. There are relatively few women on this board, and they shouldn't be subjected to repeated misogynistic attacks.

Football is enough of a boys club already; personally I like having women around.

So there goes Slaton's 1.2 mil cap hit as well since the Fins have to pick up his contract.

The cap hit (for weeks 4 - 17) was gone regardless. The "Opening Day Guarantee" only applies to "Vested Veterans". Vested is defined as four or more years of service - Slaton only had three when the 2011 season started.

The cap hit (for weeks 4 - 17) was gone regardless. The "Opening Day Guarantee" only applies to "Vested Veterans". Vested is defined as four or more years of service - Slaton only had three when the 2011 season started.

I had forgotten that important point. Thank you.

He just doesn't have it anymore. Both ability and confidence. Miami took a flyer on him just for what he did a couple of years ago. They'll figure it out.

I wish nothing but the best for the guy, but we got more talent at the position last season and he became expendable. It's the nature of the beast and that means we're getting better overall as a team and deeper at depth. Hopefully this will be a win-win situation for both parties. We've already played Miami, so hopefully he'll go there and turn out some yards. Good luck Steve and thanks for your service.

The only thing this really negatively affects is the Madden 12 version of the Houston Texans.

Slaton with us actually choosing which hole to go through instead of him running into players is actually a beast.

The only thing this really negatively affects is the Madden 12 version of the Houston Texans.

Slaton with us actually choosing which hole to go through instead of him running into players is actually a beast.
I want to kick Madden in what's left of his balls.

Back