Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Steve Slaton injured

Slaton was on the sidelines during yesterday's practice in a walking boot. Kubiak states that he is expected to be ready for week 1. The walking boot and a 2 week "rest" implies that he is dealing with at least a Grade II turf toe. Grade I can usually be treated by addressing acute swelling, then simple orthotic and return to play almost immediately with this protection.

I talked to slaton last night at the charity event for a few minutes and asked him how his foot felt. I asked him what was caused the turf toe, and he said a fat guy was on his back and he kept trying to run. He was suprisingly upbeat and readily excited for the season to start.

Well that's good to know. Where did you hear it at? Was there a thread already posted somewhere that I missed? I did a quick scan of the front page before starting this one, but I could have missed it.

In Sunday's press conference he said turf toe was not correct - something much more minor.

I don't even freaking care anymore, get rid of him next offseason, 1 he's always hurt injury-prone to a sneeze and 2 he fumbles too much so I seriously could care less about Steve Slaton right now...:shades:

Probably a fantasy discussion about rookies.

If you can't see Foster being a quality back, for this offense, on film, you may want to go get checked out and see if you have Heinsbergen Syndrome. :kitten:

I was watching 1st and 10 today, and they were talking about rookie running backs. Skip Bayless came in and said, even though Arian Foster is not a rookie, his name needs to be mentioned. He said Foster has the perfect combination of speed, size, and power, and you combine him with "that wide receiver and that QB" you better watch out. He went on to say, we say this every year for Houston, but this year may be it. Antonio Pierce was also discussing the topic and cosigned with Bayless. He said he had to go look up who Foster was.

It seems like Foster is gaining much respect and kudos from around the league and from analysts. Arian Nation is for real folks.

I still think Slaton ends up being our #1 back this season. Think everybody is jumping off that ship way too soon. /2 cents.

Kubiak at the luncheon mentioned Slaton as a return option week 1.

You don't say that with your #1 back--rather your Reggie Bush back meant as a third down guy.

I still think Slaton ends up being our #1 back this season. Think everybody is jumping off that ship way too soon. /2 cents.

He won't be the #1 back unless Foster gets injured/replaces his "stick-em" with butter.

Slaton is ultra dangerous in space, but so far that's really only resulting in him being good on the screen or outside runs.

It won't be the first time our #3 RB ended up being the #1 guy.

That's all I'm saying. Slaton had a couple of issues, that hurt us bad. But he also had a good season, that helped us out.

We are not so deep, that we don't need Slaton to perform well. If the Goal is Super Bowl, if the Goal is championship, I'm thinking we're going to need a healthy Foster, a healthy Slaton, and a healthy Jeremiah Johnson or Chris Henry.

When Slaton does well, the Texans do well.

Been going back and looking at Jeremiah's runs in the preseason. He's not getting enough chances, but he's looking really good to me. I don't know how he does at blocking, etc., but I'd put him right behind Foster right now in terms of just running the ball. He needs more carries.

I did hear something about him having a shoulder injury (I think) that I must've forgotten about, so maybe that's why.

Been going back and looking at Jeremiah's runs in the preseason. He's not getting enough chances, but he's looking really good to me. I don't know how he does at blocking, etc., but I'd put him right behind Foster right now in terms of just running the ball. He needs more carries.

I did hear something about him having a shoulder injury (I think) that I must've forgotten about, so maybe that's why.

The shoulder injury was why he was on IR last season. His senior year at Oregon, it would pop out and he'd pop it back in and keep going. Tough kid.

I can't wait to see how he does with more time this Thursday.

Back