Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Steel B's Post Combine Mock

.....and you really don't want to miss out on adding another one like Hall, in Rachaad White a little later in the draft. If a power run offense is what they want, better add a backup bell-cow.

If Texans can grab 2 OL (Neal or Ikem 1st, Strange, Smith or Salyer 68) and 2 RBs (Hall 37, Pierce, Robinson or Strong 136, Haskins or Abram Smith 182) then the running game (and defense) will be much improved.

If Texans can grab 2 OL (Neal or Ikem 1st, Strange, Smith or Salyer 68) and 2 RBs (Hall 37, Pierce, Robinson or Strong 136, Haskins or Abram Smith 182) then the running game (and defense) will be much improved.

That seems like a good plan to me.

Except I'm not high on any of the RB's in this class. I dont see Spiller for instance being that much better than Robinson.

I'm on the sign a Gordon/Mack type RB in FA on the cheap and draft a Robinson/Imgram/Kevin Harris later in the draft. I think Harris is a stud that has had injury problems (Neck) but is as good as any RB in this class. Example: If you like Pierce/Spiller in the 3rd. (I do) then you should love Harris in the 5th-6th.

When there are a couple of RB prospects as productive as Hall and White and possess the size and speed they do…..then it’s no fluke what they accomplished. These guys would be considered solid NFL bell cow RB’s.

Either one would be a great staple in our backfield. I’m a big fan of Strong.
Most definitely, that’s why we should be good once we get to the second and third rounds. If Breece is still there when we get to the third round get him. If we trade Tunsil to Cincinnati for their 1st round pick (31). I’m drafting him there. Lovie has already told everyone what he wanted. That was a workhorse type back. Either one of those guys fits that description and we can best believe they will select one early in the draft.

Most definitely, that’s why we should be good once we get to the second and third rounds. If Breece is still there when we get to the third round get him. If we trade Tunsil to Cincinnati for their 1st round pick (31). I’m drafting him there. Lovie has already told everyone what he wanted. That was a workhorse type back. Either one of those guys fits that description and we can best believe they will select one early in the draft.
I wouldn’t draft a running back at 31. We have too many other needs. Value can be found in the 2nd-4th rounds at RB.

I’d target defense at 31 (assuming that we took OT at 3 if we trade Tunsil).

I wouldn’t draft a running back at 31. We have too many other needs. Value can be found in the 2nd-4th rounds at RB.

I’d target defense at 31 (assuming that we took OT at 3 if we trade Tunsil).

I have a gut feeling they will trade their first round pick to acquire more picks. Along with trading both Watson and Tunsil. Then they will be able to address those needs as well.

Back