Rd.3 Troy Anderson LB Montana St.
Rd.3 Jalen Armour Davis CB Alabama
Rd.4 Jeremy Ruckert TE Ohio St.
Rd.4 Velus Jones WR Tennessee
Rd.6 Master Teague RB Ohio St.
Rd.6 Marquese Bell S Florida A&M
Rd.6 Isaac Taylor Stewart USC
Rd.7 Keaonty Ingram RB USC

If there are trades next week I will do another mock. If no trades then this will be my final mock.

This Mock adds speed to the offense and improved blocking for the run game. It also adds speed to all levels of the defense. I wanted to add a talent like Davis at 1-13 but decided to give Mills the best WR in this draft and add more speed to the offense. Collins/Lopez/Blacklock will have to hold down the DT position next yr. This can be fixed in the 2023draft.

I see you're coming around on Williams. Whether Mills is the dude or not, Williams is too much of a homerun hitter to pass of he's there. He dictates coverage which also helps the wr group and the running game. When I get in the 4th rd and later, I like to look for special traits. If Ruckert and Woods are both there, I'm taking Woods. Nonetheless, good possible draft

If Anderson is there at 68 i’m hauling my butt to the podium. But I suspect he’ll go closer to 37 like you had him last time. I’m starting to think 37 is prime picking for the defensive leader. Pick BLA (Best Leader Available) LB will have several top prospects for Lovie to choose from to decide who wears the green dot.

I’m more interested in Metchie at 68 vs Williams at 13 just because i’d prefer to go a different direction at 13. But they will be getting weapons for Mills and if they feel like they can get someone he can grow with at 13 then go get that guy. Like your picks aligned with value where selected. I have Ruckert and JAD going that same range.

I guess the two biggest surprises are, first Sam Williams at 37. First I couldn't find him and then found him listed as an OLB. When I googled him, Zierlein had this to say: "Despite his troubling performance versus the run ... He was often overmatched and pummeled at the point of attack, failing to play with the effort and grit needed to stand up to SEC linemen."

Second, Velus Jones in the 4th round. We only have one pick in the 4th, I think. Also, I have Jones as a PFA.

I see you're coming around on Williams. Whether Mills is the dude or not, Williams is too much of a homerun hitter to pass of he's there. He dictates coverage which also helps the wr group and the running game. When I get in the 4th rd and later, I like to look for special traits. If Ruckert and Woods are both there, I'm taking Woods. Nonetheless, good possible draft

I dont think Woods will be there.

Agreed about Anderson at 3-68. I moved him down because most said he would be available there. Like in my other mock I would actually pick Anderson at 2-37. Hopefully a trade down from 2-37 can happen and Anderson will be the pick and 3-68 can be packaged with the extra trade down loot so that Caserio ends up with both Anderson and Williams in the 2nd. This would add much needed speed to the front 7.

I guess the two biggest surprises are, first Sam Williams at 37. First I couldn't find him and then found him listed as an OLB. When I googled him, Zierlein had this to say: "Despite his troubling performance versus the run ... He was often overmatched and pummeled at the point of attack, failing to play with the effort and grit needed to stand up to SEC linemen."

Second, Velus Jones in the 4th round. We only have one pick in the 4th, I think. Also, I have Jones as a PFA.

Caserio has picks # 4-107 and #4-108 available. You should go check Jones out again, he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. He's built like a RB and the 1st guy rarely tackles him in the open field. Well worth 4-107/108. IMHO

Caserio has picks # 4-107 and #4-108 available. You should go check Jones out again, he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. He's built like a RB and the 1st guy rarely tackles him in the open field. Well worth 4-107/108. IMHO
You're correct. Having 107 is great. I need to rethink and update before posting my final thoughts. Jones just wasn't on my radar. Another rethink.

How would the MB feel about Jermaine Johnson at 1-3?

I think he's every bit as talented as Thibs and I know he's played against better talent.

Could be the swerve of the draft. Only issue I see is that they brought in “candidates for pick 3” at the same position but not him. Hutch, Thib and Walker.

Could be nothing, but I would assume they would bring him in with that group if he was under consideration.

I'm starting to come around to drafting Nik Bonnito at 3-68 if he's there. He's got the bend and is more Texans Worthy than Sam Williams.

Back