Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Steel B's Mock 1.0

That's part of the reason why the Texans are who they are.
True, but in this case I agree with Cal.

Of course I hope they pass on a QB in this draft, but if they have to pick a QB I hope it's Young. I like him more than Stroud. If this is close talentwise, which I dont think it is, other than size there's nothing that Stroud's better at than Young and you dont have to deal with the trash Stroud chose to represent him. Choosing DM to represent him shows me Stroud isn't a goood decision maker and the Texans just got rid of a guy that's not a good decision maker, why would the Texans want to go back to that well again? If they do then it's obvious Cal hasn't learned a thing and this franchise truly is doomed.

Williams from USC is really good too.

I like both of these guys a lot more than any QB in this draft. Do you think the Texans should wait until 2024 to draft a QB? I would give up three 1sts and more to get either one of these 2 guys.

Luckily they've got two 2024 1sts. I think they will be bad enough where they may not have to make a trade.
Your OC has to have the appetite for Williams if they wait. If you try to play him like Tom Brady or Matt Ryan, its going to be a failure. Stroud is a pocket passer with mobility. Young is a pocket passer with Mobility. Levis is a project, but one worth investing time and development into.. None of those guys are finished products as is most modern day college qbs.

True, but in this case I agree with Cal.

Of course I hope they pass on a QB in this draft,
So do I. I hope they wait until after Lovie, Pep ,and Nick have all been shown the door. A major house cleaning along with a chance to draft Maye and/or Williams will be a major incentive for a GOOD HC to come to Houston.

Disclaimer, as long as the Houston Texans/McNairs continue with their Kirby Boardroom Round Table philosophy they will remain average and ordinary. The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. (Unfortunately, Cal and Janice know nothing else).

I liked Salyer as well. They said tonight that he hasn’t allowed a sack this year. What could have been…

Imagine what could've been if Caserio had drafted like I hoped he did.

1. Sauce, I got off of Neal when I realized that Lovie was going to play Howard at RT.

1. Davis
2-36 Sam Williams
3- 68 Salyer
4-90 Pierce

I'm kinda hoping they fix the WR/TE/C/DE positions in the next draft because that's the strength of next yrs draft.

Imagine what could've been if Caserio had drafted like I hoped he did.

1. Sauce, I got off of Neal when I realized that Lovie was going to play Howard at RT.

1. Davis
2-36 Sam Williams
3- 68 Salyer
4-90 Pierce

I'm kinda hoping they fix the WR/TE/C/DE positions in the next draft because that's the strength of next yrs draft.
Salyer mauled some people last night like he did in the championship game last year..

Drafttek has 7 centers in the top 200 this year. Schmitz is #1, Stromberg is #5. I also like Avila who is #6
Drafttek is why I was asking about Schmitz. I like his size. Seems to be a good year for centers. Drafttek has him rated 52 overall which puts him about mid second round. We only have one second rounder. Drafttek has Stromberg ranked for the third day, about the 5th round. Arms, span and hands are about the same for the two. I like what I've read about Avila and his size. I believe he's playing OG this season - a plus.

I'm beginning to really like the potential of TCU OL'man Steve Avila. He's considered one of the top Center prospects and is projected there for the NFL. But he has moved to LG this season and has just been nominated as a semifinalist for the Outland Trophy. He also was voted a mid-season All American by both the AP and ESPN. He has also previously played at RG and RT as well, and, of course, center. This season at LG he has 18 knock downs through 10 games and a team high grade of 92. PFF rates him with the second highest pass blocking grade in the Big 12.

The undefeated TCU Horned Frogs are one of the top offenses this season, rank first in plays over 50 yards and first in plays over 60 yards. They average over 270 yards per game passing and 210 yards rushing.

Fox analyst Jason McIntyre has him rated at 31 overall but the internet average has him at 88, putting him in the 3rd round.

If we could get Florida's O'Cyrus Terrence for RG and Avila at OC, with Green at LG, our IOL problem would be solved.

Drafttek is why I was asking about Schmitz. I like his size. Seems to be a good year for centers. Drafttek has him rated 52 overall which puts him about mid second round. We only have one second rounder. Drafttek has Stromberg ranked for the third day, about the 5th round. Arms, span and hands are about the same for the two. I like what I've read about Avila and his size. I believe he's playing OG this season - a plus.
Avila is my guy

I like Schmitz (MINN), Stromberg (AR), and Avila (TCU) at Center. I like Vorhees (USC) at RG.

Defense is still my primary focus while filling some important holes on offense in the process.

Last edited:
Give me 2 of the centers you listed. One at 3-75 and one at 4-103.

I think one of them will be available at 4-103.

Thoughts?
I would love to add Schmitz and Avila

I’m liking Avila more and more b/c he’s like a Bruce Mathews. Schmitz would definitely fill the need at Center based on the Golden Gophers successful rushing attack the past few seasons. RG, Vorhees from USC would supply answers on the OL as well if Avila were to be gone before the Texans pick.

I also like the OL from North Dakota State, Cody Mauch as a late round sleeper. The guy is a corn fed beast. Reminds of one of those Nebraska OL back in their wishbone days. Comes to the field with a blue collar/lunch pale mentality and is fully prepared to beat his opponent in the ground.

Back