Contributor's Club
Rd.3 Milton Williams DT La Tech

Trade pick 109 and pick 157 for 3rd rd pick

Rd.3 Ellerson Smith DE Northern Iowa

Trade Texans trade pick 158 pick 195 pick 233 for 4th rd pick

Rd.4 Tay Gowan CB Central Florida

Rd.6 Nick Nieman LB Iowa

Rd.6 B.J. Foster S Texas

This mock adds badly needed speed to the defense and pass rushers that have been missing.

Thoughts?

Rd.6 Nick Nieman LB Iowa

Rd.6 B.J. Foster S Texas

This mock adds badly needed speed to the defense and pass rushers that have been missing.

Thoughts?
Williams challenges Dunn, 20 pounds lighter, but quicker.
Smith challenges Omenihu or Walker, 30 lbs lighter, but quicker.
Nieman challenges Rivers or Mercilus, 20-30 lbs lighter but also slower. This is a no go.

Haven't gotten to DB's yet.

Williams challenges Dunn, 20 pounds lighter, but quicker.
Smith challenges Omenihu or Walker, 30 lbs lighter, but quicker.
Nieman challenges Rivers or Mercilus, 20-30 lbs lighter but also slower. This is a no go.

Haven't gotten to DB's yet.

I've read that Nieman ran 4.6 at his pro day on 1 site and 4.75 on another site. I've watched him play and he plays much faster than 4.75. He was all over the field making tackles.

Another guy that I like as a late rd guy probably more than Foster is Mark Gilbert from Duke. Good cover guy with speed, but has had injury issues in the past. Great guy to take a late rd flier on.

Don't care for burning picks to move up. I would like to see Caserio move down from#67 and pickup a 4th that he lost in the Cannon trade. I don't have any problems with the players taken, other than Foster is returning to UT.

This draft for me is about 1of 2 things.

1. If a QB falls and Caserio likes him, then pick him. Even if you have to trade up into Rd 2 to get him.

2. If no QB, then try to get 2-3 guys out of this draft that can start for you. Trading up increases the odds because you are picking more talented players. This is my philosophy. Quality over quantity.

Thanks for the info on Foster.

Give me Mark Gilbert CB, Duke

I would prefer giving Caserio as many shots possible in the draft. That's why I was upset at him dealing draft picks for vets. There are no sure things in the mid-late rounds, so take as many picks as you can. Hoard draft picks, don't deal them.

If this were a contending team, I might target a few players. It's not a contending team. So, draft a lot of players and get them coached up.

I would prefer giving Caserio as many shots possible in the draft. That's why I was upset at him dealing draft picks for vets. There are no sure things in the mid-late rounds, so take as many picks as you can. Hoard draft picks, don't deal them.

If this were a contending team, I might target a few players. It's not a contending team. So, draft a lot of players and get them coached up.

We have different philosophies. I'm looking to ad 3 starters each yr from the draft, including atleast 1 impact player. ( That's probably not going to happen this yr unless they get lucky with another Reid type pick or they find their QB of the future which is unlikely to happen. (I would trade all of my picks this year to get my QB of the future, then let him sit a yr, tank and put players around him in the much deeper 2022 draft.

How would you feel about trading the 2021 3rd for a 2022 2nd and tanking. Then hopefully trading DW4 for a bevy of picks in the 2022 draft in addition to the 2nd you gained from trading the 2021 3rd.

I consider 2021 to be a lost yr.

I'm looking to ad 3 starters each yr from the draft,
That would be fantastic. That's why I suggest more darts at the dart board.

If Caserio wants to trade down and take future picks, that's fine. The Pats are kinda famous for that. Losing the pick altogether? Not a fan of that. Need to balance out when players become restricted FAs. Don't want them to hit contract years en masse.

That would be fantastic. That's why I suggest more darts at the dart board.

If Caserio wants to trade down and take future picks, that's fine. The Pats are kinda famous for that. Losing the pick altogether? Not a fan of that. Need to balance out when players become restricted FAs. Don't want them to hit contract years en masse.

I will take less darts if I can trade up for a guy that I think can be a 5-10 yr starter.

Never really thought about guys having the same contract yrs, (Good catch and spot on) Would drafting say 3 guys that can be difference makers in the same yr be to many contracts to have to be re-signed after their rookie deals were up? IYO

Rd.6 Nick Nieman LB Iowa

Rd.6 B.J. Foster S Texas

Thoughts?
I would go #67 - Quinn Meinerz, C; #109 - Milton Williams and #147 - Jonathan Marshall. Texans probably could've picked up a decent edge or CB with 4th RD pick Caserio SNAFUed (traded) for Cannon.

I would go #67 - Quinn Meinerz, C; #109 - Milton Williams and #147 - Jonathan Marshall. Texans probably could've picked up a decent edge or CB with 4th RD pick Caserio SNAFUed (traded) for Cannon.

Love Mienerz/Williams, not so much Marshall.

You could always trade back up if there was an edgethere you liked. I dont consider the Cannon trade a snafu.

I dont consider the Cannon trade a snafu.
After Belichick traded for Trent Brown he was going to CUT Cannon. That's a major SNAFU in my book. Belichick sent the Raiders a 5th RD pick for Trent Brown and Caserio sent the Pats a 4th RD pick for a guy who was going to get cut. That's FUBAR and a SNAFU anyway you look at it. Cannon may be around for a year or two. A 4th RD pick may have ended up a starter for 4-5 years. You really have lost your way. I hate it when I have to school you like this. :)

Last edited:
After Belichick traded for Trent Brown he was going to CUT Cannon. That's a major SNAFU in my book. Belichick sent the Raiders a 5th RD pick for Trent Brown and Caserio sent the Pats a 4th RD pick for a guy who was going to get cut. That's FUBAR and a SNAFU anyway you look at it. Cannon may be around for a year or two. A 4th RD pick may have ended up a starter for 4-5 years.

They traded draft spots , a 4th Rd pick for 5th for a starting level OT. There was no guarantee that Cannon would've signed with the Texans after he had been cut. In fact he most likely wouldn't have signed with the Texans.

You're very optimistic about finding a 4-5 yr starter in the 4th. Although I hope you're correct and Caserio can find this guy with the Texans 4th Rd pick.

They traded draft spots , a 4th Rd pick for 5th for a starting level OT. There was no guarantee that Cannon would've signed with the Texans after he had been cut. In fact he most likely wouldn't have signed with the Texans.

You're very optimistic about finding a 4-5 yr starter in the 4th. Although I hope you're correct and Caserio can find this guy with the Texans 4th Rd pick.

Both should be available in the fourth

Tyler Shelvin LSU

Alim McNeill NC State

Closest thing I can find for the nose.

There was no guarantee that Cannon would've signed with the Texans after he had been cut. In fact he most likely wouldn't have signed with the Texans.

My optimism is somewhat guarded that a 4th RD draft pick can become a 4 to 5 year starter based on the talent on the current Texans roster.

You're selling Cannon short, by all accounts Cannon is from Texas and was all to happy to return to Texas. Texans likely will pay him more than anyone else. He also likes him some Caserio and Easterby. I say chances would've been very good Texans could've signed him as free agent. Would've saved a lot of draft spots and money. If they don't sign him, so be it, it's a rebuilding year. Time to Suck for Howell!

Texans’ Marcus Cannon thrilled to return to Texas (usatoday.com)

My optimism is somewhat guarded that a 4th RD draft pick can become a 4 to 5 year starter based on the talent on the current Texans roster.

You're selling Cannon short, by all accounts Cannon is from Texas and was all to happy to return to Texas. Texans likely will pay him more than anyone else. He also likes him some Caserio and Easterby. I say chances would've been very good Texans could've signed him as free agent. Would've saved a lot of draft spots and money. If they don't sign him, so be it, it's a rebuilding year. Time to Suck for Howell!

Texans’ Marcus Cannon thrilled to return to Texas (usatoday.com)

We will never know.

Don't want Howell, give me Strong.

We will never know but I sure do think my logic is more conducive to rebuilding the Texans and making sure the Texans get their choice of QBs in the 2022 draft.

What do you think of my idea of trading all of this yrs draft picks for a Rd higher in 2022. This would ensure the tank and if you could trade DW4 for the equivalent of two 1sts in the 2022/2023 drafts you would be sitting on a bevy of picks in 2022's really deep draft and a chance to get your franchise QB with your pick in 2022.

Last edited:
What do you think of my idea of trading all of this yrs draft picks for a Rd higher in 2022. This would ensure the tank and if you could trade Eaton for the equivalent of two 1sts in the 2022/2023 drafts you would be sitting on a bevy of picks in 2022's really deep draft and a chance to get your franchise QB with your pick in 2022.
Eaton? Do you mean DW4? IF DW4 gets through this with only minor difficulties, I wouldn't trade him until the beginning of next season. That certainly gives you a much better return on your investment. You never know the Texans could end up with the #1 pick in the draft and could possibly trade DW4 to the #2 pick or a Top 5 for a King's ransom. Regardless DW4 would never see the field and subject himself to a career ending injury.

If by trading for a higher rd I like it provided that the 3rd becomes a 1st and then the 4 becomes a 3 and so forth.

BTW some were adamant about not trading Cooks and then they go and sign Tyrod Taylor who doesn't (can't) throw the football downfield. How'd you like a 2nd RD pick in 2021 right about now?

Last edited:
Eaton? Do you mean DW4? IF DW4 gets through this with only minor difficulties, I wouldn't trade him until the beginning of next season. That certainly gives you a much better return on your investment. You never know the Texans could end up with the #1 pick in the draft and could possibly trade DW4 to the #2 pick or a Top 5 for a King's ransom. Regardless DW4 would never see the field and subject himself to a career ending injury.

If by trading for a higher rd I like it provided that the 3rd becomes a 1st and then the 4 becomes a 3 and so forth.

BTW some were adamant about not trading Cooks and then they go and sign Tyrod Taylor who doesn't (can't) throw the football downfield. How'd you like a 2nd RD pick in 2021 right about now?

I meant DW4, we are on the same page, edited

I would take a 2022 2nd for a a 2021 3rd.

Last edited:
Yes,

Was Meinerz there?

I like him more than Davis.

He has been there occasionally, but off times he goes two or three slots ahead of our pick.

Walter has Davis #4 and Meinerz #7, for what it's worth. Irish guards are #5 & #6.

One thing I have learned from the exercise, Zerlein is not easy to impress, much more critical of players than most of the "experts".

Highly unlikely the draft falls anything like the simulator but I enjoy the pass time.

:coffee:

Rd.6 Nick Nieman LB Iowa

Rd.6 B.J. Foster S Texas

Thoughts?
Which mock draft site were you using?

Back