Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Some sick Joke BOB.... or not? I am confused....

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
Kalil at left tackle starter. Some nasty joke. On his 6th year as head coach for goodness sake and history of poor offensive line play year after year.......... one should not make this kind of joke.......... The f'n nerve of this guy.

The scary part..... if this in not deception or in jest. Kalil has hardly practice. He has been to many teams and absolutely sucked. What happened to Davenport, Rankin.

I cannot wrap my mind around this. I simply cannot.

UnacceptableSecondhandAdmiralbutterfly-mobile.mp4

Could you wrap your mind around mallet starting? Or moving Davenport to rt with zero practice? Starting Rankin at LT with zero practice? Savage over Watson? Or moving Tytus to LT during games without practice?

It's just par for the course. It would be more shocking if he got the lineup right.

The coaching staff has a board in their offices on which they post the depth chart at each position. As a veteran they signed in the off season, with the expectation he would replace Davenport at LT and before the draft, the coaches had Kalil as the starter.

There is also a tradition that starters don't lose their position because of injury.

Plus, it's still training camp.

At the time OB made this remark, after Saturdays game but before the start of the new week, I imagine Kalil's name was still posted as the starter on the depth chart.

Doesn't mean it will not change but also means OB would not have been lying at the time of the question and answer.

Can you wrap your mind around OBrien being a douchebag Ahole? Some of you guys love that rah rah piss and vinegar sht don’t y’all. This guy makes me sick.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoo...lty-answer-to-matt-kalil-injury-question/amp/

“Is he hurt? I don’t have to release an injury report until the season starts,” O’Brien said. “Every time I come up here, I get asked about 50 questions about injuries. So, you’ll get an injury report when the season starts.

“Right now, I will tell you he is out of practice, per the head coach’s discretion. How is that for an answer? You good?

I mentioned this earlier about wearing the GM/HC hat at the same time. It's got to be difficult answering questions about guys that you know things are working behind the scenes to trade them/cut them. If you're just the HC, you can answer the questions and play dumb that you didn't know what was going on behind the scenes. Hoping that BOB develops a distaste for being both and we bring in a legit GM next year.

I mentioned this earlier about wearing the GM/HC hat at the same time. It's got to be difficult answering questions about guys that you know things are working behind the scenes to trade them/cut them. If you're just the HC, you can answer the questions and play dumb that you didn't know what was going on behind the scenes. Hoping that BOB develops a distaste for being both and we bring in a legit GM next year.
I don't want a GM talking about stuff either. Why do fans think that we need to know everything about everybody and what each play is going to be for the next game?

The coaching staff has a board in their offices on which they post the depth chart at each position. As a veteran they signed in the off season, with the expectation he would replace Davenport at LT and before the draft, the coaches had Kalil as the starter.

There is also a tradition that starters don't lose their position because of injury.

Plus, it's still training camp.

At the time OB made this remark, after Saturdays game but before the start of the new week, I imagine Kalil's name was still posted as the starter on the depth chart.

Doesn't mean it will not change but also means OB would not have been lying at the time of the question and answer.
OB has also stated that while Johnson played well against Detroit, can he play that well on a consistent basis.

All the media strategy, silence and misdirection aside.....imagine this guy rolling out this act in NY, PHI, CHI? The Houston press has always been pretty much a push over compared to the other BIG markets so BOB knows he can bully them and thats what he does. Maybe they dont deserve it but the Houston media "softness" plays a part in his act....

The press needs the head coach. The head coach does not need the Press. Clowney needs the Texans to get paid. The Texans do not need Clowney.

The press needs the head coach. The head coach does not need the Press. Clowney needs the Texans to get paid. The Texans do not need Clowney.

If they want to field the best team possible in 2019, they sure as hell do.

BTW - why is it that every native Bostonian is the biggest asshole in the world? What is it about that place?

The NFL sets minimum standards for media access. O'Brien is required to talk to them.

They need clowney to have a good defense. Many teams would pay clowney when he hits free agency

If you knew anything about the man's personal life, you certainly wouldn't feel that way. Go educate yourself.

I did as I was ordered. Turns out, I had seen two segments on it already. Precious few, are the number of folks, (good, friendly, spiritual, neighborly) folks who are the friends and citizens - who would literally give you the shirt off their backs. They are people who deserve a life that is free of pain and despair. If anyone deserves a normal life, they do. But, define normal. Unfortunately, the normal life is usually chocked full of personal travesties that, in many cases, seem unbearable. I'm two generations older than you, and I would like to give you one piece of advice. Don't dwell on the terrible things in life. Don't sit and try to imagine how you would or should react. Don't try to prepare for any devastations. Simply live and love every moment you can. When tragedy strikes, and it will, just react to it, in the best way you can. Strive to enjoy the good times and survive the bad ones. That's life ! That's what Bill would tell you .... albeit, in a somewhat gruffer manor.

Maybe volleyball is more your sport if that's the temperament you're looking for. I like that he doesn't appeal to the softest among us, his play-calling is where I have issues.

maybe you just like hanging out with assholes therefore enjoy the lack of courtesy and respect desired in a leader of men. This joke is a football coach, not a war general.

The NFL sets minimum standards for media access. O'Brien is required to talk to them.

They need clowney to have a good defense. Many teams would pay clowney when he hits free agency
There has been no mention of O'Brien being fined or warn by the NFL so he must be meeting that criteria. They have a good defense with or without Clowney. We have only one player that can put the team on their shoulders and take him to the Super Bowl. That's Watson. I'm not denigrating or undervaluing JD. I like him but not as much as he does. Lol

Last edited:

Yeah. I know two first round picks would deter most teams, but from what I understand the one team that did express interest was not willing to pay Clowney what Clowney wanted.

Back