Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Some more new stadiums

777texans

Practice Squad
New Arizona stadium 2008(That's where the Super Bowl will be played)
newaerialo.jpg

Retractable Roof and Moveable Wall
Two 800' long trusses will support the stadium roof, which will have a retractable portion at the end where the roll-out field enters and exits the facility. A moveable wall at the same end of the facility will drop at the same time that the roof retracts, thereby creating a three-dimensional opening, much like an observatory.

source ballparks.com

New San Diego stadium
This new proposal is designed to clear the way for the City and the Chargers to re-negotiate a new lease for Qualcomm Stadium, one that will guarantee that the Chargers remain in San Diego through at least the 2008 season. It is also a significant step toward placing a new stadium and re-development initiative before San Diego voters in 2006.

large_01.jpg

newaerial.jpg

newinterior.jpg

source Chargers offical website and ballparks.com

I like the Chargers one, but what will happen to the Q, isn't that a classic stadium? If they make a new stadium, I hope they don't tear down the Q

I like the Cardinals stadium better than the Chargers. It looks pretty generic to me.

The Cardinals stadium has the weird lighting thing going on. Unique!

The Cardinals Stadium looks more like an arena to me. What about the wall that drops to let the field out? Is it just going to be a big blank wall on that side of the stadium? They cant put anything on it if it's going to drop down. Kind of an eyesore.

Tim

It's definitely a unique feature Tim. I may go see if I can find a link to a plan for that stadium.

Of all the new stadium it seems the most outlandish looking. I think it looks really cool though!

I'm surprised the Cards are getting a new stadium. I thought they had attendance problems. I suspect Coach Green will add a few new fans. I wonder how they are planning on honoring Mr. Tillman.

Whats with everybody trying to steal our retractable roof idea? :D

:ninja: <---- Just a question, but why do I get more everyday??

Good pictures, any more new stadiums being planned? I wonder if the citizens of SD are going to get screwed on this deal too.

:pepper: :goodbad: :carrot:

Where are the Texas avatars? how about a dancing cow?

Anytime a brilliant idea such as a retractable roof is invented and tested successfully you have to know that any new sports palaces that are in the works will use that idea. It's called being progressive. And practical.

The fans are more comfortable, if the weather is inclement you have more people in the stands and more concessions, etc being sold.

The NFL owners are a tight clique. I'm sure they share ideas.

Teams love the idea of being able to create the real atmosphere of football, smelling the fresh air! But in places like Houston and Arizona, where it can get hot as coals, you have to have an option. As for the northern climates, it should be to there advantage to keep open stadiums. Southern teams never see the weather, and they are able to take advantage!

New York Jets are tired of sharing a stadium with the Giants, especially since that little punk Manning plays for them now.
showsupport.jpg

So quick to judge gwallia. Give Eli Manning a couple of years, before you start labeling him. I'm sure back in what 1983, or 82 (I forget) you were calling John Elway a punk......

HoustonTexansAreTheBest said:
So quick to judge gwallia. Give Eli Manning a couple of years, before you start labeling him. I'm sure back in what 1983, or 82 (I forget) you were calling John Elway a punk......
Well the punk Manning struggled today, threw an INT, and botched 2 snaps

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/05/07/bc.fbn.giants.manning.ap/index.html

Rivers didnt do much better though

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/05/07/bc.fbn.chargers.rivers.ap/index.html

TexanNut said:
Good pictures, any more new stadiums being planned? I wonder if the citizens of SD are going to get screwed on this deal too.

:pepper: :goodbad: :carrot:

Where are the Texas avatars? how about a dancing cow?

yes in fact there are:

New 49ers Stadium
newinterior.jpg

The New Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (as big as LA is it's surprising they DON'T have a NFL team)
newinterior.jpg

777texans said:
as big as LA is it's surprising they DON'T have a NFL team
I am glad they dont, because if they did we probably wouldnt be on this site right now!!!!!

HoustonTexansAreTheBest said:

Right you are. He might become a great champion like John Elway one day. But for now, because of his attidue, he is a punk.

He has the ability I believe to shed that punk label on the playing field, but he has yet to do that. Until further notice, Eli Manning is a punk. :goodbad:

On the last picture of the San Diego stadium, they have an extremely realistic view on the fans and players that are actually going to be there on Gameday!!! :rofl:

777texans said:
yes in fact there are:

New 49ers Stadium

Not so fast on the 49'ers Stadium. I don't believe there are any current plans on the table. SF still hopes to get a new stadium but I don't think there is currently a plan or a timetable.

gwallaia said:
Right you are. He might become a great champion like John Elway one day. But for now, because of his attidue, he is a punk.

He has the ability I believe to shed that punk label on the playing field, but he has yet to do that. Until further notice, Eli Manning is a punk. :goodbad:

I think his whole matter was handled pretty badly. BUT I can understand his labeling of a punk. It wouldn't be my exact word to describe him though.

Texan281 said:
On the last picture of the San Diego stadium, they have an extremely realistic view on the fans and players that are actually going to be there on Gameday!!! :rofl:

I assume you're talking about the fan in the Seau jersey. I saw that too. Freaking hilarious.

That sure is different looking; doesn't look like a stadium at all but more like a big concert hall.

Yeah, I was talking about the number of fans (and players) actually there. I didn't notice the Seau jersey, thats pretty funny too! :rofl:

Jets proposed stadium looks really cool. It will fit in nicely with the NY Skyline. Arizona's looks boxy and wanna be space age and the other's have nothing that jumps out at you. :bag:

Do not live in Houston any more and a Oilers to Titans fan. Coming to Houston this summer since all my family lives around and was wondering what is up in the Astrodome? Can you visit or do tours? I miss it and would like to see it but I am sure looks nothing like good 'ol Oilers days. HAve not been in Reliant (seen outside looks Super!) since Titans play so late in year and hard to get off work but want to see that one too (a game wearing my Campbell jersey!). Guess in nutshell, is the Astrodome still and use and are they going to keep it up? (Hope so!)

Texansbacker said:
Arizona's looks boxy and wanna be space age....
Its not like it matters, who goes to Arizona games when they are not facing a Farve, Vick, etc. I remember an pic in SI where there was absolutly nobody there.

buccaneers.com said:
Mar 17, 2004 - For nearly three decades, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have called One Buccaneer Place home. Now it’s time to put up the ‘For Sale’ sign.

Before the 2006 season, the Buccaneers will have a new home, a state-of-the-art headquarters and training facility located across the street from Raymond James Stadium. Just as that playing venue was called the NFL’s ‘crown jewel’ upon its opening in 1998, the team’s new training facility will be the finest in the league.

The Buccaneers held a press conference on Wednesday to unveil their new facility plans. It was a key moment in franchise history, a day on which the promise of a world-class training complex made complete the team’s transformation into one of the nation’s elite sports organizations.

“This is a very exciting day for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers,” said Executive Vice President Joel Glazer. “The new facility will give our players, coaches and staff an unparalleled environment in which to work.”

Since the Glazer family purchased the Buccaneers in 1995, the team has moved into a fabulous new stadium, built a season-ticket waiting list of more than 100,000, become a favorite destination for NFL free agents and – most importantly – completed the ultimate on-field achievement, a Super Bowl championship. A 145,000-square-foot facility with endless modern amenities is only a fitting place for the team to train.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We will be working, practicing and preparing every day in a state-of-the-art facility."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The signature of the new facility will be its breathtaking entrance, which will feature the world’s largest football, towering nearly five stories tall.

Inside, the team will reap the benefits of an expansive, modern facility, including a locker room more than twice the size of the current one, a weight room double the current one, a training room nearly five times as large and a 4,000-square-foot team auditorium. Among the new spaces in the new facility that do not exist at the current site are a team dining room and kitchen, a coaches’ studio and a draft room.

"This is certainly a significant day for our entire organization,” said Head Coach Jon Gruden. “We will be working, practicing and preparing every day in a state-of-the-art facility. It represents an exciting time to be associated with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.”

The new facility will be located on the Tampa Bay Center mall site just to the east of Raymond James Stadium. It will take approximately 18-24 months to build following the groundbreaking. Construction will begin when the team has selected a builder for the $30 million project. The team believes construction could possibly begin this fall.

The Buccaneers’ current one-story facility gives the team 42,000 square feet of space on a seven-acre lot. The new two-story headquarters will be 145,000 square feet on a 14.2-acre footprint, which will give the team ample space for the present and plenty of room to grow. By comparison, the Baltimore Ravens training facility currently under construction totals 115,000 square feet, while the Atlanta Falcons’ facility, completed in 1996, totals 75,000 square feet. The St. Louis Rams’ facility, also completed in 1996 contains 90,000 square feet.

The Bucs’ new surroundings will only further enhance Tampa as an attractive spot for prospective free agents. The team’s recent success, highly-respected coaching staff, fair-weather venue and grass playing field were already big draws; now the Bucs will be able to show visiting players around the league’s top training site.

“Our players and coaching staff are looking forward to working in a championship atmosphere with all of the first-class amenities in professional sports,” said General Manager Bruce Allen. “It will also be a valuable recruiting tool in securing the top players in the league.”

Hope it's ok do the quote tags when it's from another site if not sorry
here are some pictures:
Facility03_17_04_1_b.jpg

CONFERENCE_ROOM.jpg

tampaauditoriumfinal1.jpg

LOCKER_ROOM.jpg

Back