Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

So It’s the UFL (United Football League)

Dang, not sure why everyone is fawning over the Roughnecks helmets……they are starting to win me over. LOL!

It doesn't matter if I like their uniforms or not, I'll still watch their games. Most of them. Probably. Maybe. :lol:

Of course I'll be watching. It's football, and it's what's on my TV. And they're the Houston team. I hope San Antonio does well, I like Wade Phillips still being associated with the league.

It doesn't matter if I like their uniforms or not, I'll still watch their games. Most of them. Probably. Maybe. :lol:

Of course I'll be watching. It's football, and it's what's on my TV. And they're the Houston team. I hope San Antonio does well, I like Wade Phillips still being associated with the league.
Hey Thorn thx for the support it's football here. Yes I live in San Antonio and a big time Texan once Oilers. We got 4 free tickets to see the then XFL championship game last year Commanders vs Renegades in the Alamodome. Great stadium for football. So this year we are going to see the opening game UFL San Antonio Brahmas vs the champs Wash Commanders. awesome. Got 50 yard line seats 15 rows up for $80 each. Yea baby it's gonna be fun. Of course Wade Phillips being head coach just makes it even better!

Okay but then it would have been pronounced useful instead of awful.
I think the league is fine. People were a lot more open to alternative spring football way back during the first USFL. The UFL isn't anything like the NFL but it is not awful either. I guess I'm among those who are easy to please.

I think the league is fine. People were a lot more open to alternative spring football way back during the first USFL. The UFL isn't anything like the NFL but it is not awful either. I guess I'm among those who are easy to please.
TBF, I cannot get it without paying for it so follow through news articles only. I hope it is successful.

TBF, I cannot get it without paying for it so follow through news articles only. I hope it is successful.
You don't have Fox or ABC? There are a fair amount of Roughnecks games on free TV. Fox and ABC.

Roughnecks losing to the Showboats late in third quarter as I write this. It unfortunately is on ESPN. I don't have ESPN or FS1 but I follow the ESPN and FS1 games on Youtube play by play. Nowhere near as good as being able to watch the actual games but I follow them on Youtube and after the games I watch game highlights.

Yesterdays games were free on Fox tv. You should have Fox and ABC....UFL Football 2024 TV Schedule: How to Watch the XFL and USFL Merged League (msn.com)

Last edited:

Been watching a little bit of the current game and I wouldn't describe it as awful, but I wouldn't describe it as particularly good either. It's just.. some football. Like just a bunch of generic football played by some reasonably athletic dudes who've played the game before.

If two solid high school programs (Katy, North Shore, etc) were on right now I'd much prefer to watch that.

Been watching a little bit of the current game and I wouldn't describe it as awful, but I wouldn't describe it as particularly good either. It's just.. some football. Like just a bunch of generic football played by some reasonably athletic dudes who've played the game before.

If two solid high school programs (Katy, North Shore, etc) were on right now I'd much prefer to watch that.
Fair enough. I myself prefer this over the best high school has to offer. I don't expect week one of the merged leagues to blow people away. Even the first week of games in the long established NFL many times leave a lot to be desired. Given a fair chance to establish itself as the UFL and I think the benefit of this merger will become obvious. Regardless, to each his and her own.

As I said the appetite for spring football isn't what it once was. I don't expect this league to be given that fair chance. Many people have preconceived feelings in regards to these alternative football leagues and when they do watch a game or two, those preconceptions have taken over and the football could be the next best thing to the NFL and it wouldn't matter.

I am sure you are fair minded but I know a lot of people aren't that way. The only real chance this league has is to start selling teams to some wealthy well known investors. Based on what Daryl "Moose" Johnston said, the UFL doesn't plan to be the NFL's ***** forever. The NFL isn't doing anything to benefit from the UFL's existence other than giving the league some publicity and imo the UFL can do just fine without their free ties to the NFL. If the investors have enough wealth they can at least keep their own talent. Given how things are nowadays it will never get to that point. Too many people are all about the NFL.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I myself prefer this over the best high school has to offer. I don't expect week one of the merged leagues to blow me away either. Even the first week of games in the long established NFL many times leave a lot to be desired. Given a fair chance to establish itself as the UFL and I think the benefit of this merger will become obvious. Regardless, to each his/her own.

I think the benefit of the merger as a cohesive developmental arm for the NFL is a reasonable, and for the most part attainable, goal. I like Colin Cowherd's idea of having each NFL team have an assigned developmental QB to a USL team as their starter that the NFL team pays for themselves that both gets that prospect legit playing time and saves the UFL a little bit of money and also kinda boosts the UFL's legitimacy.

But as a consumer product I don't see how it ever gets above bleh. It's like trying to entice even the most ardent hoophead to watch the G league.

But we both agree at the end of the day to each his own.

San Antonio, which is made up largely of the Roughnecks from last season, is 2-0. The team now called the Roughnecks, which is really the Gamblers, is 0-2. At least the Dallas Arlingtons are 0-2 as well. I watched bits and pieces from three of the games, and the Roughnecks game I think, overall, was the sloppiest of them.

At 11:00 on channel 13 today is the Roughnecks at the Michigan Panthers. The Panthers are 1-1 and looked fairly decent last I watched them. Better than the pathetic Roughnecks, that's for sure. Sounds like lunch and a nice nap during the game for me.

At 2:00 on channel 13 is San Antonio and Wade Phillips. Probably a much better game.

At 11:00 on channel 13 today is the Roughnecks at the Michigan Panthers. The Panthers are 1-1 and looked fairly decent last I watched them. Better than the pathetic Roughnecks, that's for sure. Sounds like lunch and a nice nap during the game for me.

At 2:00 on channel 13 is San Antonio and Wade Phillips. Probably a much better game.
When did the Roughnecks get Sinnet?

Not as well as the year with the Gamblers, but he did make the strip sack that closed out the game. the highlight is somewhere around minute 14.
Awesome! I saw him go down with an injury last week and didn't see him return or see him this week before I fell asleep. Only watched for a few minutes yesterday in the early 4th

Awesome! I saw him go down with an injury last week and didn't see him return or see him this week before I fell asleep. Only watched for a few minutes yesterday in the early 4th
He the knee injury has sapped him a little bit off speed and quickness along with a nagging calf injury to the other leg. Chris will 30 this year and barring the miracle call from the NFL, he might be done;

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: JB
Back