Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Slowik and the offense

I am expecting Slowik to take a HC job just by the verbiage he used when asked about it. He is gone.

I was expecting the Falcons or Chargers. I think he was part of the Coaching Dream Team that consisted of the Shannahan, Lil Shannahan, McVay, and others with the WFT.

Good for him.

Jerrod Johnson your up.
I'm with Tex on this one.

Peters, Slowik and Maye are Redskins.

If I were a betting man, i’d say Slowik goes to Washington. Started his NFL coaching career there. 49ers connection. And they have a solid core of young talent. Plus he gets a premium pick to find his franchise QB. If I were him, i’d take the job if offered.

Allen/Payne on the DL.
McLaurin/Samuel/Dotson at WR
Robinson/Gibson at RB.

And the #2 overall pick… That’s a good starting point.
Yes if they draft Williams or Maye then fortify the ol, they need about 3 upgrades on their ol, then Slowik's chances for success will be great.

Draft Maye, trade up for Paul, add a FA OG and draft a center like Frazier in the 3rd.

With the rest of their weapons Slowik will be a hot young HC like Ryans is. They've got better weapons than the Texans have.

The Redskins are a quick turnaround.

If Slowick goes somewhere else, it will be because he wants to go somewhere else, which I don’t think so because he’s already got the dream job here. But I admit to wishful thinking.
I think it would be a mistake by Slowik and the team that would hire him as a HC. He's only got 1 season as a play caller. HC is a totally different animal.

I don't see the leadership in Slowik, in Demeco it oozes out of every pore. Obviously Slowik may be taking a back seat, but head coach is a LOT different then coordinator. I think he can use another year learning to lead, not coordinate.

giphy.gif

Hopefully Cal takes this attitude.

If Slowik does take HC job, it should be easy to get a top tier guy to replace him.
Who wouldn't want to come here and work with DR and CJ?

If Slowik does take HC job, it should be easy to get a top tier guy to replace him.
Who wouldn't want to come here and work with DR and CJ?
The tricky part is to find someone who won't change too much. Terminology changes, concept changes... they can throw a team off track quick. Remember it's not just Cj learning this offense, it's the whole team. They're all young all dealing with growing pains.

Lack of continuity is why most teams stumble the first 4 to six games of the season & only come into their own late November. Ever hear that saying, " we'll know who we are after Thanksgiving." I believe Cj used it earlier this season.

The old veteran offenses usually hit their stride much earlier & are able to string up early victories before the other teams figure themselves out. Bobby Slowick just did a press conference where he touched on some of those things.

Slowik recently mentioned that he has not taken any interviews with teams because he is so locked in on his job with the Texans.

That is much appreciated and not always the case with ascending coaches. Bucs OC is taking an interview this week for example:

Focus on the present and let the results speak for themselves. A dominant playoff performance will say more than anything else you could say in an interview.

Slowik will be interviewing for jobs this offseason… but not until this job is done.

Slowik recently mentioned that he has not taken any interviews with teams because he is so locked in on his job with the Texans.

That is much appreciated and not always the case with ascending coaches. Bucs OC is taking an interview this week for example:

Focus on the present and let the results speak for themselves. A dominant playoff performance will say more than anything else you could say in an interview.

Slowik will be interviewing for jobs this offseason… but not until this job is done.
I don't blame him, I would want to get away from Baker Mayfield as soon as possible too.

The only thing I didn't like about Baker Mayfield were all those dang commercials. He ain't done nothing, he was nobody. Why was he in a national commercial campaign?

Panthers complete interview with Texans OC Bobby Slowik
The Panthers have completed a virtual interview with Texans offensive coordinator Bobby Slowik, the team announced Thursday afternoon.
Slowik, a part of the Kyle Shanahan coaching tree, arrived in Houston with DeMeco Ryans in the 2023 offseason. In his first season as a play caller, Slowik helped turn C.J. Stroud into the offensive rookie of the year favorite.
Slowik switched from defense to offense while with the 49ers.
Four other teams are interested in interviewing him.

Slowik could turn this offense around faster than people think if Young's the guy.

Sign Tyron Smith in FA Or even Fant, Move Ekwonu to LG, Bozeman C, Chandler Zavalla or Cade Mays RG, Taylor Moton RT.

TE's Tremble/Sullivan/Ian Thomas

WR's Draft Legette at 2-33 trade up if necessary using a 3rd , Theilen, Mingo, Brenden Rice in the 4th, Sign Noah Brown in FA/Chark.

RB's Sign Swift/Hubbard/late draft pick.

This would give Young a chance to succed and I think Slowik would jump at the chance to become a HC of this group if he thinks Young's the real deal.

The defense is pretty well set.

Slowik needs to improve his playcalling tbh.

I'm not ready to declare him a total phenom just yet. His 2nd and 3rd down calls at some point often leave a lot to be desired. But he's a rookie coach. Everyone will get better. Just hope he's with us.

I'm not ready to declare him a total phenom just yet. His 2nd and 3rd down calls at some point often leave a lot to be desired. But he's a rookie coach. Everyone will get better. Just hope he's with us.
With all of the HC interviews he's getting the NFL power brokers disagree with you.

I think his play calling and play design is better than you think it is. He's got a longer range view on some things than I think you realize.

With all of the HC interviews he's getting the NFL power brokers disagree with you.

If people watched every NFL game they would find plenty of play calls they’d disagree with from even the best play callers.

Slowik is doing a heck of a job this year and deservedly getting HC interviews. If i’m a team looking for a bright young offensive mind i’m going to ask about the guy who only had one offensive player start all the games (Mason) and still put out a playoff caliber offense.

You're disregarding the lengthy NFL trend to go after any coach in the latest hot coaching tree trend. Slowik has plenty ofplay calling deficiencies.
Share those deficiencies with us, particularly over the last 5 games and remember he's been working shorthanded all year because of injury. Play calling has been great the last 5 games. I've come to the conclusion fans will never be happy with the play calling regardless of who's calling the plays.

Back