Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Skyline Chili.... Ryan

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
This is for you my friend, Ryan.....

So I'm watching "bubblegum TV", Diners Drive Ins and Dives...

This particular segment hits tha "Nati" and the pasta with chili.... Worst combo - EVER!!!

*throwing up in my mouth a little*

You know, when I was stationed up north I saw some of this skyline chili in the freezer section of a grocery store. The picture on the box reminded me of that James Coney Island chili dog sauce. Memory may be a little fuzzy but it did not seem appetizing at all.

I saw that too and in cinncinati you ask for a 5way you get noodles, chili, beans something else and cheese
Kinda gross if you ask me. Every one knows there ain't no beans in chili

SteakNShake serves up the pasta and chili a bit East of us...not bad. Pasta, chili, cheese and onions (4 way)...no beans please. Don't like the 5 way chili. It's basically chili-mac with spaghetti noodles instead of elbow macaroni.

Also, being a Texan...I don't care for the sweet skyline chili as much as Texas chili. Has a bit of a cinnamon-like thing going on that doesn't seem very chili-like.

Yeah, Steak N Shake is from up north. It was where you went at 3 AM to eat :) MMmmmm.....

Skyline.jpg

SteakNShake serves up the pasta and chili a bit East of us...not bad. Pasta, chili, cheese and onions (4 way)...no beans please. Don't like the 5 way chili. It's basically chili-mac with spaghetti noodles instead of elbow macaroni.

Also, being a Texan...I don't care for the sweet skyline chili as much as Texas chili. Has a bit of a cinnamon-like thing going on that doesn't seem very chili-like.

Right here. I taste too much cinnamon and too cloves or cumin. It's texture very fine and watery almost sauce-like. I tried it once, I won't try it again.

Dude, the wife watches those goofy channels all the time. However, I must admit, triple D is one of my favorite shows.

One of the kids gave me the DDD cookbook for Christmas a few year back.

Lots of good recipes in it. I use it a lot.

When I retired from Chevron my wife (da boss) retired from cooking.

Guess it was only fair. She does all the rest of the housework.

Except for mopping the floors. I somehow inherited that too. Marine Corps boot camp trained me well in floor mopping.

Guy Fieri..gotta be a tough way to make a living.

:coffee:

Back