Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Shouldn't the Texans be conducting OC and QB Coach interviews?

Mangler

Toro de España
With both Slowik and Johnson getting all these interviews/follow up interviews, should the Texans themselves start conducting interviews? I’d hate for Nick and Demeco to have to settle for whatever is left in the scrap bin. Could the replacements already be in the building, or could both Slowik and Jerrod just be seeing what’s out there and ultimately stay? It’s been awfully quiet since Saturday. Free Agency and the draft can’t come soon enough!

With both Slowik and Johnson getting all these interviews/follow up interviews, should the Texans themselves start conducting interviews? I’d hate for Nick and Demeco to have to settle for whatever is left in the scrap bin. Could the replacements already be in the building, or could both Slowik and Jerrod just be seeing what’s out there and ultimately stay? It’s been awfully quiet since Saturday. Free Agency and the draft can’t come soon enough!
Good point - if either were likely to take a lucrative contract elsewhere, you'd think they would give FO a heads up right?

I am sure that Nick and Demeco have a working list of guys that they would like to interview (or may have in the past). Still, until Slowic or Johnson takes a job actually interviewing someone else is generally not well thought of and as a candidate why would I interview where there is no job when there are places interviewing where there are actual openings.

It seems as if Slowick is more likely to be staying now, which is a good thing IMO. I guess now that the HC hiring cycle is filling out a few more OC interviews may be happening for Johnson, I take it Raheem Morris might be interested in him as OC?

Well, if the reports of the Texans wanting Bryce are true and CJ was plan B..... I gotta say Im a fan of our "plan B"s so far... but wouldn't want to put money on that outcome if we needed lightning to strike twice.

Well, if the reports of the Texans wanting Bryce are true and CJ was plan B..... I gotta say Im a fan of our "plan B"s so far... but wouldn't want to put money on that outcome if we needed lightning to strike twice.
What reports? You mean the ones from the peasants that pretend to be in the know? Lol

They need to be interviewing a new DL coach. That is the position that we know is open on the staff.

Chris Jones would probably approve.

Chris Jones would probably approve.

Gotta assume DeMeco has someone in mind since they chose not to renew Cesaire’s contract. Looking forward to finding out who gets to groom Will Anderson to take the next step in year 2.

Reactions: JB
Gotta assume DeMeco has someone in mind since they chose not to renew Cesaire’s contract. Looking forward to finding out who gets to groom Will Anderson to take the next step in year 2.
I wonder if a linebacker coach would be someone that would make an interesting move to the defensive line.

They may move up the assistant defensive line coach Rod Wright or may try to get Darryl Tap over from the 49ers

Back