Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Shawn Barber signs (per 610am) with the Texans

good signing. i like rick smith's approach:

don't overspend in FA when you don't have the money

build good depth on a team that's SEVERELY lacking it, with solid veterans both on and off the field

build mainly through the draft

cut overpaid dead weight

if the danny clark signing didn't make it obvious, then this sure does... wong is a stanford graduate, so i'm guessing he'll be smart enough to have his bags packed by june 1st.

i still think this is funny yet another thread over whether or not we should move demeco...wasn't last year good enough for some of ya'll?...isn't it obvious that he can handle the MLB position?

gtexan02 The phrase "if it aint broke" comes to mind.

totally agree

i think the other thing that gets people thinking we're moving demeco is that they remember danny clark playing the MLB position in oakland and having success...but he also had success playing the SLB position in jacksonville so why not let him try to beat out shantee orr who struggled a bit to cover the TE's in our division?

as far as barber is concerned his role has really yet to be seen...and probably won't be determined until we are into training camp...which should be the same with danny clark...but demeco ryans is our starting MLB...and that's the bottom line because so and so said so

yeah, anyone who thinks demeco is getting moved outside is NUTS. he's a sure thing at his position (MLB)... can't say the same for the majority of the spots on the team. i'm starting to think that this regime tends to favor performance over potential a lot more than previous "excuse" for one... and i like that.

I'm all for having the best 3 LB's out there that play as a unit...and produce together the most for the team. If it makes our team that much better to move demeco to OLB I'm fine with that. If it makes our team worse..than no way jose.

Demeco filled in to the MLB position awesomely. He is the leader of our defense and MLB is a great spot for him....

I believe Barber will be utilized in the same way he was in Philly last year. As the nickel linebacker who only comes in during passing situations. He tallied up 60 tackles in 13 games utilized in this role. I think Orr only registered 36 tackles as our starting SAM...

Clark on running downs and Barber on passing downs is a recipe for success imo. :dance2:

Added free agents Barber and Green. Resigned Brunner and Dayne. If the Texans can add Sammy Baugh, Red Grange, and Jim Thorpe they will dominate the "Senior Bowl".

I wonder what Eagle fans have to say about him.

I'm not sure about the fans but the Eagles organization seemed to like his personality in the locker room. From the link above.

Barber is also noted as a positive presence in the locker room and in 2006 he earned the Jack Edelstein Memorial Award, presented to the Eagles' player who exemplifies "an uplifting manner, a love for life, and an exceptional sense of humor."

s4342.jpg

Raising the People's eyebrow!

10281238.jpg

Texans | Barber to have multiple roles
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:22:58 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Houston Texans LB Shawn Barber is expected to fill a number of roles, including those of backup to LB Morlon Greenwood and LB Shantee Orr.

Back