Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Ah Stephen A, always making sure that the teams are screwed so that the star players can keep being divas. He's ragging on the Texans for being silent on this, well what exactly are they suppose to say? If they support him and he's proven guilty then they just supported a rapist, if they don't support him and he's proven innocent then they just shot themselves in the foot and no player really will want to play here. Also lets not forget that before all this came out Watson was doing everything he could to guarantee that the franchise was dead for the next decade. So what exactly would he or anyone else like them to do?

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Ah Stephen A, always making sure that the teams are screwed so that the star players can keep being divas. He's ragging on the Texans for being silent on this, well what exactly are they suppose to say? If they support him and he's proven guilty then they just supported a rapist, if they don't support him and he's proven innocent then they just shot themselves in the foot and no player really will want to play here. Also lets not forget that before all this came out Watson was doing everything he could to guarantee that the franchise was dead for the next decade. So what exactly would he or anyone else like them to do?
Texans new front office location:

1619444336356.png

Dejaview

All Pro
I believe they are approaching the situation correctly. Whether you support him or don’t support him you are taking a position without the facts. They are being neutral, taking no position, and are simply stating they are waiting for the results of the investigation to be pronounced and they then will address the situation accordingly. They will then have plenty of time to bring resources in his support or will take action if he is guilty.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
WTF is so hard to comprehend about the so-called "court of public OPINION". I mean, it's right there in the name. :um:

The public has absolutely no power or influence in the process, but yeah, let's act like we need to "stay neutral" like the NFL executive V.P. of football operations. :ok:

How about we'll just close this thread and mods can post newsworthy updates without any opinions on each development? We can move the thread to an off-topic section and keep this specific forum about FOOTBALL only.

Then nobody can say anything about the subject until a court of law rules or both sides settle the matter.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I believe they are approaching the situation correctly. Whether you support him or don’t support him you are taking a position without the facts. They are being neutral, taking no position, and are simply stating they are waiting for the results of the investigation to be pronounced and they then will address the situation accordingly. They will then have plenty of time to bring resources in his support or will take action if he is guilty.
Also, the Texans aren’t operating in a vacuum on this issue. The NFL has a strategy to deal with these situations, and the Texans take their cues from there.

As usual, Smith doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Dejaview

All Pro
Also, the Texans aren’t operating in a vacuum on this issue. The NFL has a strategy to deal with these situations, and the Texans take their cues from there.

As usual, Smith doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
yep. The NFL is the driver. I haven’t had the energy to look, but I also haven’t heard what the players union is doing. They too may be waiting for the results of the investigations to unfold.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
WTF is so hard to comprehend about the so-called "court of public OPINION". I mean, it's right there in the name. :um:

The public has absolutely no power or influence in the process, but yeah, let's act like we need to "stay neutral" like the NFL executive V.P. of football operations. :ok:

How about we'll just close this thread and mods can post newsworthy updates without any opinions on each development? We can move the thread to an off-topic section and keep this specific forum about FOOTBALL only.

Then nobody can say anything about the subject until a court of law rules or both sides settle the matter.
Might as well make the whole damn forum like that because you apparently can't have opinions on the upcoming season, especially if they're not positive opinions, since we don't know how it will play out.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Finally, a great post. I agree with everything you said. :handshake:

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man

This thread is what brought me back to the board LOL, I haven't been active here in years.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Really? Wouldn’t be pressing charges if they didn’t. 23 women dude. Come on

You would never be able to prove if they did or didn’t. Unless those sessions were being videotaped or recorded.
So, in court, it is the number of accusers that determines guilt? You just said no proof and if he had video or solid not ambiguous recordings, surely Busby would have led with that at least to Hardin.

If there was convincing evidence, I think DW would have settled when it was presented.
" wouldn't be pressing charges if they didn't"? Hardin must be giggling at that.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So, in court, it is the number of accusers that determines guilt? You just said no proof and if he had video or solid not ambiguous recordings, surely Busby would have led with that at least to Hardin.

If there was convincing evidence, I think DW would have settled when it was presented.
" wouldn't be pressing charges if they didn't"? Hardin must be giggling at that.
Have you noticed that there's been radio silence lately?

Makes me think they're working on a settlement. Hopefully this happens tomorrow.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Have you noticed that there's been radio silence lately?

Makes me think they're working on a settlement. Hopefully this happens tomorrow.
SteelB are you gong to predict a big trade involving DW4 on Draft night if there's a settlement tomorrow on his cases ?

Texian

Hall of Fame
My prediction (GUESS): Using history as a guide, this gets settled out of court. Because DW4 tried to make a mockery of the NFL and turn it into the NBA the NFL will exact their revenge and send a message. The NFL will suspend DW4 for 1 year without pay for violation of the league's personal conduct policy. This along with the message that one, if he keeps his nose clean he will be eligible to return to the NFL after the suspension is over. And two, the Texans will trade him to another team after his suspension which he will accept. If he fails to meet those two requirements he will never play football in the NFL again.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
SteelB are you gong to predict a big trade involving DW4 on Draft night if there's a settlement tomorrow on his cases ?
Nope, but I think the groundwork can be laid to do a June 1st deal.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going happen. That's may be a good thing since right now DW4's trade value is almost nil.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That is absurd. However since DW4 and his agent tried to turn the NFL into the NBA that level of absurdity has been downgraded.
The point has been made.

The NFL isn't changing because of DW4/Mulageta's demands.

Funny how things turn out sometimes.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
My prediction (GUESS): Using history as a guide, this gets settled out of court. Because DW4 tried to make a mockery of the NFL and turn it into the NBA the NFL will exact their revenge and send a message. The NFL will suspend DW4 for 1 year without pay for violation of the league's personal conduct policy. This along with the message that one, if he keeps his nose clean he will be eligible to return to the NFL after the suspension is over. And two, the Texans will trade him to another team after his suspension which he will accept. If he fails to meet those two requirements he will never play football in the NFL again.
A man who gets it.

An uncomfortable truth.

You said it much better than I ever could have. DW4's going to be made an example of. You dont mess with the billionaire boys club's playpen.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Nice speculation if for no other reason we'll at least get something for him. And that is the only thing I'm concerned about at this point. He'll never play another down for the Texans.
IMHO the Texans will be able to get as much or more in 2022 as they could've possibly got it 2021. DW4 will still have the ability to play QB that he always has. The exception is the cast of characters involved will be different. If Caserio trades him this year then the bounty for DW4 will be considerably less.

Texian

Hall of Fame
CLARIFICATION: I think the NFL tells DW4 that based on the evidence they've collected DW4 is being suspended INDEFINITELY without pay for violating the league's personal conduct policy. The NFL also makes it clear to DW4 that if/when his troubles are settled to the NFL's satisfaction and his troubles are behind him, plus he remain out of further legal trouble, he will be considered for reinstatement. In addition the Texans will trade him which he will agree to regardless. Playing in the NFL is a honor and a privilege. It is not a right. If he can meet those requirements he will be considered for reinstatement. If not he will never play football in the NFL again.

Last edited:

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Yeah but there are similarities in that both are receiving sexual favors from masseuses. Different in that Kraft wasn't being extorted by the people he engaged with, the massage parlor was being investigated by police and they obtained video (that they are now destroying) implicating him doing it. Watson, on the other hand, had a few women come to him privately demanding money to avoid lawsuit, only to magically see the number of accusers inflate in a short period of time. As of right now, there is no video info it, just she said he said.
Watson is NOT innocent. As we have talked about before. He had the ability to hire a massage therapist paid for by the team. He instead goes on Instagram to look for one. If you look at Instagram and type massage therapist. Over 50% are strippers or something like that. He didn't go to a legit massage therapist working in a building either. He either invited them to him or worse... hotel/motels. To say he is innocent when he has been doing everything just the opposite. His method is pure stupid. He set himself up for the fall he has taken if he was innocent. However, innocent people don't do anything like this. People and former players of 10+ years stated they didn't have 1/2 the number of therapist's Watson has been to in what a few months. So, if he is innocent he is too stupid for his own good. However, the odds are high that he was not just looking for some fun and took it too far. Plus, we know Hopkins and Clowney both were in his "circle" and were not shy about strip club activity and not exactly choir boy tendencies. More like a priest in a room of choir boys

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I think at this point its reasonable to believe that more than a few of these women are flat out lying/misrepresenting the situation/lying by omission & are trying to get a big pay day to save some face. Then i believe there's at least 1-2 who had some "buyer's remorse" for the same reason. They probably thought nothing of it at the time.....As Hardin asserts, some may have even bragged about it to friends.......which shows that the encounter was likely consensual. but then they later had an internal crisis with their morals once they realized that it was nothing but a hook up for DW4....or they were put off by how DW4 and his team may have "handled" them after the fact with asking them to sign NDA's and back-handed threats like the thing he said to 1 of the accusers about his reputation being dragged in the mud.

Buzzbee's whole case rests on Solis imo. She's the one who may legitimately feel like she was sexually assualted. But imo, proving that will be hard if she hasn't been completely forthcoming about EVERYTHING that happened and her motives. For all her crying and emotional distress she displayed on TV, for me as a juror i'd still be wondering why she didn't go the criminal route 1st. It just doesn't add up to me.
The number of women who go criminal with charges like this is low. They are embarrassed, don't want to air everything and even battle with asking/needing time off.

I can almost assure you that if he doesn't get convicted on civil charges. He is going to be taken to criminal court. And he will lose there. This is going to be very bad for Watson. He should have paid the first few when kt happened and then left. Nobody would have a clue about anything had he been smart. Then again to attempt to hook up with random strangers on Instagram and say he was looking for a "massage" is proof he is not too bright..

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Watson is NOT innocent. As we have talked about before. He had the ability to hire a massage therapist paid for by the team. He instead goes on Instagram to look for one.
This does not make him guilty of sexual assault.

I can almost assure you that if he doesn't get convicted on civil charges.
Doubt it. If they can't prove guilt in a Civil trial chances of reaching a guilty verdict in a criminal trial is not likely. If it is not likely to get a conviction DAs & AGs won't present charges.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'm told Caserio's plan remains the same as it has been. They will wait to trade Watson for much more coveted 2022 and future picks over 2021 picks from a draft most see as poor and sorely lacking in depth. This is the smartest thing they can do to recover from a really bad situation. Carolina is still waiting in the wings, and they won't be alone in this. Patience is the word for 2021.
Awright I like that strategy, and for the future of the franchise lets hope that NC is permitted by ownership to stay that course.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Oh I know. I just have a feeling that nobody was sure how the meeting would go. Once he said he was not going to play even for Culley plans altered. Nick Caserio is not stupid and would have told everyone that he feels Watson should be traded. While they may not have liked the idea knew he was right. The question is was a plan in place for it or was a plan being worked on and then the criminal stuff happened and shut it down for the time being. We have a guy that works for the Texans come into work alot. He gets asked 20 questions every time even if everything is going good. He didn't say Watson was going to be traded but he did say that "the mood changed about Watson after he met with Culley". What that means is unknown seeing he will not get into details.
IMO the mood changed when the sexual assault accusations blew up. My take is Janice does not and will not allow a sexual predator pervert to be the face of the Houston Texans. My GUESS is she has already had conversations with the league office and the Commissioner regarding DW4. And an indefinite suspension (1 year) without pay would be just fine with Janice McNair.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Also, Antonio Brown’s civil suit was just resolved. So 22 of these things will take a long time to get resolved without a settlement. Is Watson prepared to wait that long?
I still don't know if he thinks he has done anything wrong. Even if he is cleared in court the NFL may act. The reason? Intent. As if nothing else, he was not just looking for a massage therapist. Meaning he was I would assume you would say low key hiring prostitutes/hookups. The NFL is not going to just let that slide. It violates the code of conduct.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
IMO the mood changed when the sexual assault accusations blew up. My take is Janice does not and will not allow a sexual predator pervert to be the face of the Houston Texans. My GUESS is she has already had conversations with the league office and the Commissioner regarding DW4. And an indefinite suspension (1 year) without pay would be just fine with Janice McNair.
Oh I agree with you. She has been burning up the phone. And I am pretty sure that even if innocent in court, it is still a violation of the code of conduct. As looking for hookups is likely a no go by NFL rules. Sure many do it but not to this extreme or if they do it's hidden better. So the NFL will be doing something as well as I think the Texans. NFL may suspend him 4 games if cleared (example) and the Texans can suspended him longer for conduct detrimental to the team...I think. And I believe that they can start their suspension after the NFLs ends.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I dunno are you familiar with the expression "cut off nose to spite face".
So anyway I certainly hope Janice McNair is not that dim-witted.