Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

badboy

Hall of Fame
Not about Watson but I found this..

He has sued others if any want to Google, but I haven't found anything concerning DeShaun Watson. It indicates some sort of a female issue in that post by 74 above. I truly hope not as that would in my opinion cloud a trade.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I could see that being "the extreme lengths" to get out of here.

Have someone claim behavior he knows will get him traded and with the bad press... value may go down a little......

... then once moved the claims are dropped and it comes out to be made up.

I dont trust DWs character or integrity at this point so I could see it being real... or a cry baby's last ditched effort plan to get out.

True or not my opinion hasnt changed.... get high value, good ridence. OB Low level of offer.... let him rot on the bench.

Max

Veteran
Houston Texans Quarterback DeShaun Watson is facing allegations of sexual assault in a lawsuit filed on behalf of a female masseuse.
The suit was filed Tuesday by the Buzbee Law Firm.

Attorney Tony Buzbee tells FOX 26’s Isiah Carey that Watson was getting a massage from the woman when "Watson went too far."

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.

Have someone claim behavior he knows will get him traded and with the bad press... value may go down a little......

I dont trust DWs character or integrity at this point so I could see it being real... or a cry baby's last ditched effort plan to get out.

True or not my opinion hasnt changed.... get high value, good ridence. OB Low level of offer.... let him rot on the bench.

Dw didn't leak this.

Max

Veteran
If they stick w/ the lawsuit, I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL open an investigation of their own. If anything, I'd say this extends the timeline concerning completing a trade pending the completion of the lawsuit or NFL investigation. Really plays into the Texans hand if they're serious about trying to keep him here.

austins23

Hall of Fame
If something like this is true, doesn’t the nfl have some sort of language that won’t allow him to be traded while under investigation?

powda

If they stick w/ the lawsuit, I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL open an investigation of their own. If anything, I'd say this extends the timeline concerning completing a trade pending the completion of the lawsuit or NFL investigation. Really plays into the Texans hand if they're serious about trying to keep him here.

Time-line of any investigation will linger past the draft. 2021 is a dead year. His trade value is currently a fraction of what it was.

And the nfl will likely impose their own punishment even if dw pleads out or is acquitted.

This is worst case scenario.

Max

Veteran
Time-line of any investigation will linger past the draft. 2021 is a dead year. His trade value is currently a fraction of what it was.

And the nfl will likely impose their own punishment even if dw pleads out or is acquitted.

This is worst case scenario.
I think that the odds of Watson playing for the Texans again just went WAY up. Like you said, his trade value will likely suffer. And if nothing else, the timeline of the trade gets taken out of the Texans hands. Even if his trade value doesn't legitimately suffer, it gives the team a bunch of leverage. They now just have to say, "you want to play again? it's going to have to be with us cuz you just screwed up your trade value son".

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If Watson stays, I'm still rooting for the Texans and for Watson to succeed as well. However it won't change my opinion of Watson being an asshole about all this. It's like having OB back, I can't stand him but I do want the Texans to win.

My opinion of Watson has turned negative, but I say that about him as a person, not him as a football player. As a football player he's obviously very good. Watson and the Texans both have handled all this horribly.
DW4 the person is a terrible human being.

powda

I think that the odds of Watson playing for the Texans again just went WAY up. Like you said, his trade value will likely suffer. And if nothing else, the timeline of the trade gets taken out of the Texans hands. All things that give valid reasons for the Texans to say "you want to play again? it's going to have to be with us cuz you just screwed up your trade value son".

I understand your reasoning here - I just don't think cal or easterby will go for it either.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I think that the odds of Watson playing for the Texans again just went WAY up. Like you said, his trade value will likely suffer. And if nothing else, the timeline of the trade gets taken out of the Texans hands. Even if his trade value doesn't legitimately suffer, it gives the team a bunch of leverage. They now just have to say, "you want to play again? it's going to have to be with us cuz you just screwed up your trade value son".
Have you ever heard of the phrase Not Texans Worthy?

Max

Veteran
Is understand your reasoning here - I just don't think cal or easterby will go for it either.
Maybe. I think this easterby church stuff is a bunch of baloney myself and they're not really using a moral standard. The culture thing is all about buying into the team and team first is my take on who they're looking for. They'll use the moral high ground with this as leverage against Watson big time though cuz I don't believe for a second that this lawsuit is going to change their thinking that they want him on the team.

We're not even sure if we want you anymore. But we can't get what we need for you in a trade. Guess you'll just have to sit on the bench til you can prove your Texans worthy. They'll play that game and as soon Watson indicates that he'll play for the Texans again, everything is forgiven. At least that's how I'd play it.

Last edited:

powda

More likely the Texans had wind of this and leaked it.

Max

Veteran
This is Logan Roy's opportunity to bring Kendall back into the fold after the car accident. Succession analogy for those that don't know what I'm talking about.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
It’s got to be said but Texans just got the ammunition they need to use the detrimental conduct suspension without anyone throwing stones.

That being said I’m not sure I buy it. Not honoring a contract is a far step from sexual assault and he wouldn’t be the first person to have a gold digger and ambulance chaser file against them. I’ll wait for more details to come out before coming to any conclusions.

Texansballer74

The Marine
It’s got to be said but Texans just got the ammunition they need to use the detrimental conduct suspension without anyone throwing stones.

That being said I’m not sure I buy it. Not honoring a contract is a far step from sexual assault and he wouldn’t be the first person to have a gold digger and ambulance chaser file against them. I’ll wait for more details to come out before coming to any conclusions.
They probably been had this type of ammo all along.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Remember Big Ben in Pittsburgh.

Yes, I was just sitting here thinking about that.. Big Ben's situation was very similar.. I still remember a lot of fan backlash initially though . If he wins, nobody will care.

However where their situations differ is Big Ben's allegations didn't become public at the same time he was giving his franchise a big "**** you" either. Watson in the last few months has burned up alot of his leeway with the team already. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. His clean cut reputation has certainly taken a hit.

I will say this.. the Texans are exponentially more entertaining/interesting during the offseason than they were on the football field.
:popcorn: The Texans are the best dark comedy show running..

Last edited: