Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

I’m really confused with all of this. Somebody please go back and summarize all the insider information that was so poignant in this discussion and then tell where we stand with it. I’d do this but I didn’t post it.

Remember this, some of these “reporters” don’t have a genuine interest in reporting on what was actually presented. Also, they are reporting what Watson’s team is telling them to. They don’t know anything. Yes there was coercion. They are reporting things without context.
Without hearing the entire son's interview, and whose son it is, and the circumstances that may have changed for instance as it did for some of the massage therapists from the initial contact to subsequent contact(s).................you have no context............and you have no legitimate reportable information.

Remember this, some of these “reporters” don’t have a genuine interest in reporting on what was actually presented. Also, they are reporting what Watson’s team is telling them to. They don’t know anything. Yes there was coercion. They are reporting things without context.
IF there was evidence do you agree NFL would submit to Robinson? I do not know if any evidence or not of violence or coercion and at this point don't really care. As I stated earlier Watson should be suspended for the entire 5 years of his contract with the Browns for what we do know.

IF there was evidence do you agree NFL would submit to Robinson? I do not know if any evidence or not of violence or coercion and at this point don't really care. As I stated earlier Watson should be suspended for the entire 5 years of his contract with the Browns for what we do know.
Yes. It keeps being stated that the NFL presented evidence for only five women. I think that might be a tad skewed. (Though it’s possible) I think they focused on five women specifically, but presented evidence for others as well. Not for certain. But yes, I do think they would present evidence that they have. It’s not the NFL’s side who is leaking things to people like Josina Anderson.

Yes. It keeps being stated that the NFL presented evidence for only five women. I think that might be a tad skewed. (Though it’s possible) I think they focused on five women specifically, but presented evidence for others as well. Not for certain. But yes, I do think they would present evidence that they have. It’s not the NFL’s side who is leaking things to people like Josina Anderson.

Even if it turns out that only one woman is telling the truth, one woman is one too many! It seems like a long ban is coming, hence the misleading info from Derapist’s team being reported on twitter. The predator must pay!

Tony Buzbee: Deshaun Watson accuser whose son undermined her claims isn’t one of my clients
Posted by Mike Florio on July 8, 2022, 10:09 AM EDT

A recent report regarding one of the claims made against Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson cast significant doubt as to that specific allegation, and it sparked speculation that it was the first clear piece of evidence suggesting that the many lawsuits filed against Watson are part of a conspiracy and/or shakedown. Attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents the 24 women who have sued Watson, has responded to the report.

Here’s the key text from a stream of Thursday tweets from Josina Anderson of CBS Sports: “I’m told there’s a recording of an interview with the adult son of 1 of 12 women the NFL interviewed in the Deshaun Watson case — stating his mom initially was complimentary of Watson in their conversations after the massage, but later switched her account and tone after negative allegations surfaced about Watson. The son intimated his mother intended to reward his silence, per league source. There’s a feeling that the NFL was initially cagey about details they learned from the woman’s son — after only mentioning they interviewed him in their report. The son’s recording was later reviewed by Watson’s side revealing the aforementioned details — presumably illuminating why this particular accuser was not included with the 5 women the NFL ultimately focused on at the hearing.”

Buzbee says that this particular accuser isn’t one of his clients.

“It has been reported that twelve alleged victims spoke to the NFL,” Buzbee said in an email sent to PFT. “I have confirmed that ten of those women were my clients. None of my clients had a son questioned by the NFL. As I’ve said, there were several women who called my office wanting to sue Watson that I decided, based on my trial experience, not to represent. I know that at least one of those women, who I declined to represent, spoke to the NFL and also gave a statement to the police. I can only assume it was that woman who is the subject of the leak tweeted about by Ms. Anderson.”

It’s still unclear why the NFL didn’t speak to all of Buzbee’s clients, or how the NFL decided to whittle the 12 cases they investigated down to five that were presented at last week’s hearing. For now, the big takeaway is this — to the extent that some regarded Thursday’s report as the first tangible proof that the claims made by Buzbee’s clients are falling apart, the claim that was the subject of Thursday’s report wasn’t made by anyone he has agreed to represent. Indeed, it appears that Buzbee, after vetting her claims, decided not to proceed on her behalf.

Tony Buzbee: Deshaun Watson accuser whose son undermined her claims isn’t one of my clients
Posted by Mike Florio on July 8, 2022, 10:09 AM EDT

A recent report regarding one of the claims made against Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson cast significant doubt as to that specific allegation, and it sparked speculation that it was the first clear piece of evidence suggesting that the many lawsuits filed against Watson are part of a conspiracy and/or shakedown. Attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents the 24 women who have sued Watson, has responded to the report.

Here’s the key text from a stream of Thursday tweets from Josina Anderson of CBS Sports: “I’m told there’s a recording of an interview with the adult son of 1 of 12 women the NFL interviewed in the Deshaun Watson case — stating his mom initially was complimentary of Watson in their conversations after the massage, but later switched her account and tone after negative allegations surfaced about Watson. The son intimated his mother intended to reward his silence, per league source. There’s a feeling that the NFL was initially cagey about details they learned from the woman’s son — after only mentioning they interviewed him in their report. The son’s recording was later reviewed by Watson’s side revealing the aforementioned details — presumably illuminating why this particular accuser was not included with the 5 women the NFL ultimately focused on at the hearing.”

Buzbee says that this particular accuser isn’t one of his clients.

“It has been reported that twelve alleged victims spoke to the NFL,” Buzbee said in an email sent to PFT. “I have confirmed that ten of those women were my clients. None of my clients had a son questioned by the NFL. As I’ve said, there were several women who called my office wanting to sue Watson that I decided, based on my trial experience, not to represent. I know that at least one of those women, who I declined to represent, spoke to the NFL and also gave a statement to the police. I can only assume it was that woman who is the subject of the leak tweeted about by Ms. Anderson.”

It’s still unclear why the NFL didn’t speak to all of Buzbee’s clients, or how the NFL decided to whittle the 12 cases they investigated down to five that were presented at last week’s hearing. For now, the big takeaway is this — to the extent that some regarded Thursday’s report as the first tangible proof that the claims made by Buzbee’s clients are falling apart, the claim that was the subject of Thursday’s report wasn’t made by anyone he has agreed to represent. Indeed, it appears that Buzbee, after vetting her claims, decided not to proceed on her behalf.

Simon (chief analyst for ESPN) refers to himself as an "avid sports gambler." Wonder how much he has riding on his tweet. So many media will lose all credibilty when this is all over.

I've been surprised how many hardcore football fans have told me that they are walking away from the league for good if this happens.

I don't perceive it as idle threats. I think the NFL is in a precarious position of having a history of leniency against this kind of stuff, and the Watson case is so egregious that I think any perception of being soft will break a lot of fans. There comes a certain point where the desire to be entertained is overridden by the shear disgust of inaction toward a sexual predator. It turns a passion into apathy, and when folks no longer care, they stop paying attention and stop giving their time and money to it.

I've been surprised how many hardcore football fans have told me that they are walking away from the league for good if this happens.

I don't perceive it as idle threats. I think the NFL is in a precarious position of having a history of leniency against this kind of stuff, and the Watson case is so egregious that I think any perception of being soft will break a lot of fans. There comes a certain point where the desire to be entertained is overridden by the shear disgust of inaction toward a sexual predator. It turns a passion into apathy, and when folks no longer care, they stop paying attention and stop giving their time and money to it.
I've seen the same thing.

But with the massive introduction of the gambling factor.................gamblers don't really give a darn about the players, the teams, the NFL or even the game itself...........that "interest" will continue without those seeing the need to support anything...............except their gambling habit.

Re: The woman Josina Anderson is talking about.

Putting two and two together, she's probably at least early middle aged (Adult son)

Now DW4 is what 25ish? I'm not saying it's the only clue, but it's a clue. Granted he may be an equal opportunity violator but I remember when I was in my mid twenties. I liked the girls that were roughly 20-28 - not those in the range of 40-60. I had no interest in mature women at that age of my life. And I'd bet the vast majority of young men are the same.

I say all of this to say, there's a reason Buzbee didn't take her as a client. Put the above together with that the son said, and my guess is she decided to ride the gravy train once all the salacious details came out, didn't come off credible with her story, and so Buzbee passed.

That in no way ruins the credibility of the other women - presumably younger women. I agree with the other posters - Ms. Anderson is clearly taking sides, and has a direct pipeline to the defense team and/or his agent and is putting out what I would call "propaganda" to try to rehab DW4's reputation.

Is it possible that Sue Collins requested briefs from both sides so that if the NFL has put up a weak case, and she decides on a weak punishment then she can point the finger at the NFL?

If someone said that already sorry. Didn’t see it.

Who said it was poignant? Did it move you? Then you go look
That’s up to persons who posted it. I can’t speak for their sources and it’s significance. seemed like it was poised as big news to me then it went away. What happened to it or why was it leaked? But thanks for the advice.

Is it possible that Sue Collins requested briefs from both sides so that if the NFL has put up a weak case, and she decides on a weak punishment then she can point the finger at the NFL?

If someone said that already sorry. Didn’t see it.
I'm sure you meant Sue Robinson. The briefs appear to have been her plan from the beginning, since she is running things as though this were a trial by judge (as opposed to a jury trial), where briefs are commonly submitted.

Reactions: JB
That’s up to persons who posted it. I can’t speak for their sources and it’s significance. seemed like it was poised as big news to me then it went away. What happened to it or why was it leaked? But thanks for the advice.
You implied that it was poignant to you. You can't determine how it made others feel. If it was big news to you then it hasn't gone away, just time keeps going on what was current may have changed. If you put the importance to it, it's up to you to determine why and what to do with it. Do your own research if it means something to you

I've seen the same thing.

But with the massive introduction of the gambling factor.................gamblers don't really give a darn about the players, the teams, the NFL or even the game itself...........that "interest" will continue without those seeing the need to support anything...............except their gambling habit.

Good points. Just like corporate sponsors replaced hardcore football fans in the lower sections of stadiums because a massive increase in revenue, I could see the potential for gamblers to replace a lot of fans that walk away for whatever reason(s), including the increasing expense of it all. And for the NFL, revenue is really the only thing that matter and cases like this Watson situation are only perceived as important because it could impact their financial streams.

I would not be shocked to see smaller stadiums built in the future to accommodate the corporate crowds and gambling live at games. The old face painting and rabid football fans will either die off, lose interest, or enjoy games from their couches because the cost of going to to games will become even more out-of-reach.

Funny thing happened as I got older; I went to a HS game last year to see a friend's daughter perform at halftime (and for my trombone-playing daughter to see what a HS marching band is about). I had a really good time, and it reminded of the old dudes when I was a kid talking about watching HS football and having no interest in the pro league. I did not get it back then, but now I'm completely understanding it. The kids do it because it's fun. No financial incentive, just the fun of doing it. And the atmosphere was honestly 100x better than the very scripted nature of corporate checklist NFL games. There was a natural vibe to the HS game, and it was helluva' lot cheaper, too.

The only thing better at the NFL level is the actual elite talent of the players, which is what has kept me interested for all these decades.

There's plenty of other ways for us to be entertained.

My step dad had been involved in the league for 35 years and has completely tuned the NFL out for the past few years. Now he goes and watches high school games on Friday nights and college games on Saturday for a fraction of the cost.

My step dad had been involved in the league for 35 years and has completely tuned the NFL out for the past few years. Now he goes and watches high school games on Friday nights and college games on Saturday for a fraction of the cost.

We were just thinking the same thing. See my post that we typed at the same time. lol

We were just thinking the same thing. See my post that we typed at the same time. lol
I hate when I write several paragraphs making one or two great points, post it and someone else has posted the same great points but only very succinctly in two or three sentences and they beat me by a minute or two. I just spent 20 minutes writing this thing and someone else took two minutes to say the same thing. Do I go back and edit with some lame excuse, "oops, wrong thread" or do I leave it hanging there like a long-winded turd?

Good points. Just like corporate sponsors replaced hardcore football fans in the lower sections of stadiums because a massive increase in revenue, I could see the potential for gamblers to replace a lot of fans that walk away for whatever reason(s), including the increasing expense of it all. And for the NFL, revenue is really the only thing that matter and cases like this Watson situation are only perceived as important because it could impact their financial streams.

I would not be shocked to see smaller stadiums built in the future to accommodate the corporate crowds and gambling live at games. The old face painting and rabid football fans will either die off, lose interest, or enjoy games from their couches because the cost of going to to games will become even more out-of-reach.

The Bills are already building a 62,000 capacity stadium.

Funny thing happened as I got older; I went to a HS game last year to see a friend's daughter perform at halftime (and for my trombone-playing daughter to see what a HS marching band is about). I had a really good time, and it reminded of the old dudes when I was a kid talking about watching HS football and having no interest in the pro league. I did not get it back then, but now I'm completely understanding it. The kids do it because it's fun. No financial incentive, just the fun of doing it. And the atmosphere was honestly 100x better than the very scripted nature of corporate checklist NFL games. There was a natural vibe to the HS game, and it was helluva' lot cheaper, too.

The only thing better at the NFL level is the actual elite talent of the players, which is what has kept me interested for all these decades.

I’m going to be keeping Game Clocks and Play clocks for San Antonio area high school games this fall. Can’t wait to get my first BIG 6A game at the Alamodome! Love HS football!

Yeah, it seems like all the insiders want to be as right quickly, but have an out just in case. I guess we will have to wait for a couple of weeks or so. I think everyone will be disappointed honestly. As I mentioned, one side is going to say he got too much time and the other not enough time. I'm thinking 12 games, but wouldn't be surprised if its a year or 6-8 games suspended. The judge probably don't even know yet.
I could be good with ayr as long as it's open ended and if more allegations are brought up he can't play untill his legal issues are settled. Remember he put himself in this situation.

I block you! No! I block you first! You can't take the truth! I block you! The truth hurts! The truth shall set you free! The truth is the name of a professional wrestler...

Is any of this ever going to be over?
Not until the pervert takes care of his business.

According to the motion filed Friday by the women’s attorneys, Tony Buzbee and Cornelia Brandfield-Harvey, the legal team seeks any and all reports and files from the NFL's investigation into Watson, including recorded interviews, witness statements and communications. The notice of intention to take deposition by written questions also asks for photographs and “any other type of documents in your files and/or documents regarding the investigation of Deshaun Watson.”
link

I could be good with ayr as long as it's open ended and if more allegations are brought up he can't play untill his legal issues are settled. Remember he put himself in this situation.
You and everyone else gonna be cool with whatever he gets. It has nothing to do with what we're cool with, its what whomever decides right? If they come up with 6 games, what can you,me or anyone else on this board do about? The only people who care about the suspension length are Texans and Browns fans. The rest of the nfl could care less about the duration

You and everyone else gonna be cool with whatever he gets. It has nothing to do with what we're cool with, its what whomever decides right? If they come up with 6 games, what can you,me or anyone else on this board do about? The only people who care about the suspension length are Texans and Browns fans. The rest of the nfl could care less about the duration

What I really hope happens to him is karma and your right there's nothing we as fans can do about it except stop watching NFL football. BTW, if nobody else cares then that's a sad statement about where we are as a society and the sad thing is you're probably correct.

Last edited:
Back