Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

This thread has such a different vibe to it now that it has no potential impact on the Texans.

That said, I'll still be :popcorn: until it is eventually resolved.

I really like this post. Just feels genuine and relatable. That said, I'm probably on the other side of the fence. While I have said some things and taken a victory lap of my own, I have different reasons. I'm not a fan boy of Dw. I didnt and don't think he's innocent because of his performance on the field.

I have the same expectations for a player as I do a plumber or a poster. Innocent till proven guilty and everyone deserves their day in court. Forgetting that feels excused and overlooked to me. That amazes me. Lot of folks here assigned guilt well before last Friday.

I was willing to wait for evidence. We didn't get it so he's innocent. It doesn't mean he's a great person. I think we can all agree on that.
Simple as that,but we know how people on this board feel about him especially with the trade demand and the hold out. At the beginning and the end, its innocent until proven guilty. I wrote a post that was removed talking about what has happened when people are assumed guilty and were punished without a verdict. I don't have to go into detail about it especially when it comes to melanated people like myself. Accusations are just that. I don't think he's without blame, I think something happened that wasn't Kosher. I was a freshman hoops player at SWT when the Mike Tyson stuff came out. We had a lady from the come speak with us several times about staying out of and avoiding any situations to which someone can accuse you of things. To this day, I never ride the elevator solo with a unknown female. Even though there are cameras and I'm married, I don't want anyone accussing me of anything. Some people won't let it go and that's sad.

Why are you putting so much energy defending Watson if you actually believe he is innocent? He already has a defense attorney. Also, why are you following me? Watson has been traded so shouldn’t you be on the Browns’ board?
I'm not defending him and I was here before Watson and will be here after Watson. He's innocent until proven guilty right? Whats so hard for you to understand?So he fired Hardin or is Hardin still his representation?

No matter how much anyone gripes about how they personally feel about the Watson situation…..bottom line, the Texas GJ stated, “there was not enough evidence” to indict Watson. So no matter how much any of us kick and scream…..it’s not going to change the outcome.

I think Buzbee and his 22 clients will face the same dilemma in Civil Court as they faced with the GJ. Hearsay and finger-pointing does not represent evidence….Hardin and Watson can simply fall back on the GJ outcome.

Whether we like our judicial system or not it’s the one we have and use on a day to day basis. I think the NFL and Goodell will ultimately face the same challenge in trying to decide if he’s to be suspended. Where’s the “evidence” to justify the suspension?

You may not like my response but I wasn’t there, personally, to see any of the alleged actions, or sitting with the Buzbee or Hardin team’s, or hanging out with any of the Police or FBI investigator’s. I can only base my reactions on what the judicial outcome was and nothing else.

If Watson gets suspended by the NFL or has to pay through the nose in Civil Cases……guess what? Who cares, he’s the Browns problem now.

If I’m lying awake at night and cannot sleep over the decision…..then I’ve probably gotten far more attached to this thing emotionally than I should have, while having zero control over the final outcome.

No matter how much anyone gripes about how they personally feel about the Watson situation…..bottom line, the Texas GJ stated, “there was not enough evidence” to indict Watson. So no matter how much any of us kick and scream…..it’s not going to change the outcome.

I think Buzbee and his 22 clients will face the same dilemma in Civil Court as they faced with the GJ. Hearsay and finger-pointing does not represent evidence….Hardin and Watson can simply fall back on the GJ outcome.

Whether we like our judicial system or not it’s the one we have and use on a day to day basis. I think the NFL and Goodell will ultimately face the same challenge in trying to decide if he’s to be suspended. Where’s the “evidence” to justify the suspension?

You may not like my response but I wasn’t there, personally, to see any of the alleged actions, or sitting with the Buzbee or Hardin team’s, or hanging out with any of the Police or FBI investigator’s. I can only base my reactions on what the judicial outcome was and nothing else.

If Watson gets suspended by the NFL or has to pay through the nose in Civil Cases……guess what? Who cares, he’s the Browns problem now.

If I’m lying awake at night and cannot sleep over the decision…..then I’ve probably gotten far more attached to this thing emotionally than I should have, while having zero control over the final outcome.
Again do you realize in civil court pleading the 5th the judge and jury can draw a guilty inference from that? The evidence standard isn’t the same.

Watson can’t even account for his own actions. Simply stating “I don’t remember” is a good way for the plaintiffs to get paid. If Watson cannot provide any text messages, Instagram etc, that means the court would accept ONLY the plaintiffs’ records. Again, detrimental to Watson’s case.

I-Team: Another grand jury considering case against Deshaun Watson
by: Peggy Gallek, Ed Gallek, Talia Naquin
Posted: Mar 24, 2022 / 11:35 AM EDT
Updated: Mar 24, 2022 / 12:18 PM EDT

HOUSTON, TEXAS (WJW) — The Fox 8 I-Team has learned a second grand jury in another Texas county has convened to hear evidence against Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson.
The grand jury met Wednesday to hear evidence in the case.

The district attorney in that county declined to confirm the information. He did say more information will be released later today.

The attorney for Watson tells the I-Team the complaint was filed by one of the women involved in the civil lawsuit cases.

“It’s not a new complaint,” said attorney Rusty Hardin.

He said officials waited until the Harris County grand jury finished deliberations before presenting this case.
Watson, who is currently in Berea, has denied any wrongdoing.

The Houston attorney representing 22 women who have accused Watson of sexual assault and harassment says no one from the Cleveland Browns reached out to him prior to acquiring the quarterback.

Watson is facing lawsuits from 22 women, but he is facing no criminal charges. A Harris County grand jury chose not to indict him on any charges earlier this month.

The women, mostly massage therapists, accuse the star athlete of sexual misconduct or sexual assault.
“No one from the Browns organization reached out to me or my clients,” Attorney Tony Buzbee told I-Team reporters Peggy Gallek and Ed Gallek. “I didn’t expect them too. I would have certainly talked to them had they asked to talk to any of my clients and had the clients wanted to do so I would have allowed that to happen.”

Buzbee added that he feels the women’s civil cases are very strong.
“Each of these women has been pretty confident, pretty consistent about what has happened to them,” Buzbee said.

The Cleveland Browns said Thursday they had been aware of the case.

A Texas Grand Jury Is Considering Another Charge Against Deshaun Watson
A grand jury in Houston recently declined to charge Watson with crimes related to accusations of sexual misconduct. A panel in a different county is now considering one last charge.
By Jenny Vrentas

March 24, 2022Updated 12:46 p.m. ET

A grand jury in Brazoria County in Texas is considering evidence related to a 10th accusation of sexual misconduct against Deshaun Watson, the former Houston Texans quarterback who was traded to the Cleveland Browns just days ago, according to a lawyer for the complainant.

A grand jury in Harris County, Texas, where Houston is, rejected nine criminal cases against Watson earlier this month. But a 10th criminal complaint filed with the Houston Police Department described an alleged incident outside the jurisdiction of the Harris County District Attorney’s Office.

The case, in Brazoria County, south of Houston, is the last criminal case pending against Watson. The complainant told police that Watson ejaculated on her in a November 2020 massage appointment. Her lawyer, Tony Buzbee, said he expects the grand jury to deliberate and issue a decision on Thursday or Friday. Neither the Browns nor Rusty Hardin, Watson’s lawyer, were immediately available for comment.

The latest grand jury proceeding was first reported by Fox 8 WJW in Cleveland.

The publicly available police report was heavily redacted but said that the complainant told police that Watson “touched her with his penis and ejaculated causing semen to touch her arm and hand.”

The complainant, whose name was redacted in the criminal complaint, is one of the 22 plaintiffs who are suing Watson in civil court for sexual misconduct during massage appointments.

Watson has denied all wrongdoing, and Hardin has said that any sexual acts that occurred during massage appointments were consensual.

After the grand jury in Harris County declined to bring charges on March 11, Hardin said in a statement that “the criminal investigations have been completed.” N.F.L. teams viewed the decision in Harris County as a green light to pursue Watson via trade, and the Browns gave Watson a guaranteed five-year, $230 million contract, a record for a guaranteed deal. They structured the deal to mitigate Watson’s financial penalty if the N.F.L. suspends him for a violation of its personal-conduct policy by setting his 2022 base salary at just over $1 million, minimizing each potential missed game check.

The Browns said in a statement on Sunday that they undertook a “comprehensive evaluation process” before trading for Watson and did “extensive” investigative, legal and reference work. The statement acknowledged that “some legal proceedings” were still ongoing, but it was unclear whether the Browns were aware that a case would be brought before the Brazoria County grand jury this week.

The N.F.L.’s investigation into the allegations against Watson is ongoing. A person who identified himself as a security representative for the N.F.L. requested information from the Houston Police Department on March 15, including witness statements and phone records or social-media messages, and also asked for interviews with the police investigators who worked the case, according to police records.

Watson invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination in civil depositions given before the decision by the Harris County grand jury, but waived that right and answered questions under oath in depositions last week and this week, Buzbee said.

Jenny Vrentas is a sports reporter, working on enterprise and investigations. Prior to joining The Times she was a senior writer at Sports Illustrated, covering the N.F.L. @JennyVrentas

To the Deshawn Watson and Cleveland Browns
2c338c7bd16d1f72fb8bd7b8b7a24569.jpg

Deshaun Watson facing a grand jury hearing in Brazoria County
Brooks Kubena, Staff writer
March 24, 2022

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson and his attorney Rusty Hardin speak to reporters after a grand jury declined to indict Watson on criminal charges.

A Brazoria County grand jury is deliberating whether to indict Deshaun Watson on evidence presented in relation to a police complaint filed by a woman who alleged the former Texans quarterback sexually assaulted and harassed her during a massage therapy session, her attorney Tony Buzbee confirmed Thursday.

The grand jury is expected to render a decision whether to charge Watson, who was traded to Cleveland last week, with a crime either today or tomorrow, Buzbee said.

The woman was one of 10 women represented by Buzbee who filed police complaints against Watson last year, and since the massage session occurred in Pearland, the Houston Police Department referred her case to that county.

Eight women represented by Buzbee filed police complaints that led to a criminal investigation that was presented to a Harris County grand jury two weeks ago. The grand jury chose not to indict Watson, a decision that emboldened NFL teams to pursue trading for the three-time Pro Bowler.

Watson’s attorney, Rusty Hardin, said the Browns were aware of the Brazoria County grand jury process during their trade talks with the Texans. Cleveland met with Watson, who waived his no-trade clause for the franchise.

The grand jury’s decision either way will not affect Watson’s status with the Browns, Hardin says.

“Deshaun Watson’s going to be Cleveland’s quarterback no matter what,” Hardin said.

Rusty, thank you for emphasizing your last statement!

Deshaun Watson facing a grand jury hearing in Brazoria County
Brooks Kubena, Staff writer
March 24, 2022

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson and his attorney Rusty Hardin speak to reporters after a grand jury declined to indict Watson on criminal charges.

A Brazoria County grand jury is deliberating whether to indict Deshaun Watson on evidence presented in relation to a police complaint filed by a woman who alleged the former Texans quarterback sexually assaulted and harassed her during a massage therapy session, her attorney Tony Buzbee confirmed Thursday.

The grand jury is expected to render a decision whether to charge Watson, who was traded to Cleveland last week, with a crime either today or tomorrow, Buzbee said.

The woman was one of 10 women represented by Buzbee who filed police complaints against Watson last year, and since the massage session occurred in Pearland, the Houston Police Department referred her case to that county.

Eight women represented by Buzbee filed police complaints that led to a criminal investigation that was presented to a Harris County grand jury two weeks ago. The grand jury chose not to indict Watson, a decision that emboldened NFL teams to pursue trading for the three-time Pro Bowler.

Watson’s attorney, Rusty Hardin, said the Browns were aware of the Brazoria County grand jury process during their trade talks with the Texans. Cleveland met with Watson, who waived his no-trade clause for the franchise.

The grand jury’s decision either way will not affect Watson’s status with the Browns, Hardin says.

“Deshaun Watson’s going to be Cleveland’s quarterback no matter what,” Hardin said.

Rusty, thank you for emphasizing your last statement!
He’s Cleveland problem child now. Screw him.

Buzbee said that he has 17 more depositions of Watson still to take, as part of the 22 lawsuits that have been filed against him alleging sexual assault and inappropriate conduct. Buzbee added that there are four more women who have yet to file suit but whom he expects will do so.

"As far as additional lawsuits, I have been contacted by additional women, who I'm deciding whether I'm going to take their case or somebody else will, that are wanting to file suit against Deshaun Watson," Buzbee said.

The lawyer also said he expects there to be "additional women who file criminal charges."

LINK

Buzbee said that he has 17 more depositions of Watson still to take, as part of the 22 lawsuits that have been filed against him alleging sexual assault and inappropriate conduct. Buzbee added that there are four more women who have yet to file suit but whom he expects will do so.

"As far as additional lawsuits, I have been contacted by additional women, who I'm deciding whether I'm going to take their case or somebody else will, that are wanting to file suit against Deshaun Watson," Buzbee said.

The lawyer also said he expects there to be "additional women who file criminal charges."

LINK
Additional women filing criminal charges wow.

I mean, I didn't really say anything at the time because I figured I'm just ignorant when it comes to grand juries and these things but...

The Harris County grand jury declined 9 criminal charges.

Weren't there 12 total?

So this one is in Brazoria county, are there still another couple in other counties? I thought the FBI was involved at one point, is there also a federal charge?

This isn't going to negate the trade, is it?

I mean, I didn't really say anything at the time because I figured I'm just ignorant when it comes to grand juries and these things but...

Weren't there 12 total?

So this one is in Brazoria county, are there still another couple in other counties? I thought the FBI was involved at one point, is there also a federal charge?

A lot of questions for sure. Hopefully the Texans were smart enough to disclose what they knew and didn’t accept a trade with any contingency of Watsons availability.

Weren't there 12 total?

There were 9 criminal complaints sent to Harris County. This last one in Brazoria County was filed at the same time last year.

He has passed his physical so the trade would be official.

Hardin has now said that the Browns have been aware all along of this 10th filing.

Watson is not coming back to Houston............and the Texans' Draft picks are not going anywhere.:texflag:

There were 9 criminal complaints sent to Harris County. This last one in Brazoria County was filed at the same time last year.

He has passed his physical so the trade would be official.

Hardin has now said that the Browns have been aware all along of this 10th filing.

Watson is not coming back to Houston............and the Texans' Draft picks are not going anywhere.:texflag:
I’m not good with this legal stuff but is there any chance some additional criminal complaint can be discovered in the civil cases?

Buzzard And the pitchfork crew take another L….

been uncharacteristically quiet in Buzzard’s camp lately. Wonder why. Im sure these no bill GJ decisions casting doubts on the validity of his clients’ accounts of the encounters have nothing to do with it.
:sarcasm:

Last edited:
Buzzard And the pitchfork crew take another L….

been uncharacteristically quiet in Buzzard’s camp lately. Wonder why. Im sure these no bill GJ decisions casting doubts on the validity of his clients’ accounts of the encounters have nothing to do with it.
:sarcasm:
The lovely women who were assaulted took a loss too. Yeah let’s all celebrate that good sir.

The DA for Brazoria is named Tom Selleck, apparently

200w.gif
He has very screwy credentials for being the DA for Brazoria County.

He is the DA for Brazoria County.

AND

He is an Angleton (County seat of Brazoria County) defense attorney and owner of The Law Office of Tom Selleck, P.C..

AND

He is the deputy sheriff for Brazoria County.

AND

He is friends with Rusty Hardin, who he invited as the guest speaker in Brazoria County a year ago at their Bar Association meeting.

No conflicts there............

He has very screwy credentials for being the DA for Brazoria County.

He is the DA for Brazoria County.

AND

He is an Angleton (County seat of Brazoria County) defense attorney and owner of The Law Office of Tom Selleck, P.C..

AND

He is the deputy sheriff for Brazoria County.

AND

He is friends with Rusty Hardin, who he invited as the guest speaker in Brazoria County a year ago at their Bar Association meeting.

No conflicts there............
Welcome to Texas! AND...Drive Friendly.

Back