Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

On the contrary, if you’re so sure he sexually assaulted all these women, why put out the casting call? Why the incessant need to try the cases out in public? Why all the extra public attention? Rest your cases on the evidence you have. The answer is b/c he likely doesn’t have much despite his ballyhooing. Those “evidence” packets sent to HPD what, nearly a year ago now…his much publicized interview with the feds….all that grandstanding should’ve yielded more than the complaints by now. If all that was as compelling as his grandstanding about it would lead you to believe, it should’ve led to him wearing iron bracelets by now.

Bottom line is you’re still reaching and the burden of proof ….however little it is, still rests with the plaintiffs not him.

It was rumored that 18 of these 22 women were ready to settle so I don’t think that’s even a barrier anymore…he will wind up paying these things out..but if none of these complaints lead to a felony indictment…it takes quite a bit of steam out of Buzzard’s bluster.
I’ve been nice as I could be about it but now it’s time to be rude.

1.What? That makes no sense. Trying it publicly WHEN YOU HAVE STRONG EVIDENCE puts all the more pressure on Watson. You obviously don’t understand this. Also, there is a separate criminal investigation, as long as Buzbee isn’t releasing anything that is material to that, he is fine.

2. it’s a high profile case, it’s going to garner public attention. So quit crying about it. 22 claims is unprecedented so it’s going to make the news.

3. Do you know how long an FBI investigation takes? Apparently you don’t know this either.

4. A grand jury is active because the DA thought evidence was sufficient enough to call for it. A judge signed a search warrant for his electronic device because he or she concluded there was probable cause that a crime or crimes were committed. I am also very tired of ignorance. I’ve posted multiple times that a grand jury in Texas can be in session for up to around 24 months before charges even appear. Do your research.

It was rumored that 18 of these 22 women were ready to settle so I don’t think that’s even a barrier anymore…he will wind up paying these things out..but if none of these complaints lead to a felony indictment…it takes quite a bit of steam out of Buzzard’s bluster.
I can tell you, that was blatantly false, put out by team Watson.

Rusty Hardin took 75 hours of depositions from the plaintiffs and the best he could come up with after that was “It’s all unfair”. He could no longer call them liars.

Also Mr. Tex. You were fine with Watson trying to publicly kill the reputation of the Texans with his trade demand and about how the Texans “don’t do enough for social justice issues.” So don’t talk about it being just Buzbee playing in the media.

Also Mr. Tex. You were fine with Watson trying to publicly kill the reputation of the Texans with his trade demand and about how the Texans “don’t do enough for social justice issues.” So don’t talk about it being just Buzbee playing in the media.

Wrong guy sweetie….…his trade demand a month or 2 after he signed his extension was when I started looking sideways at the dude…nice try tho

Rusty Hardin took 75 hours of depositions from the plaintiffs and the best he could come up with after that was “It’s all unfair”. He could no longer call them liars.

Pretty sure Hardin issued a summary statement here of counter allegations in writing that details some the ways some of the accusers may have lied and/or at the very least tailored their encounters to fit this civil suit allegations…but you go ahead and keep that narrative running…

Last edited:
I’ve been nice as I could be about it but now it’s time to be rude.

1.What? That makes no sense. Trying it publicly WHEN YOU HAVE STRONG EVIDENCE puts all the more pressure on Watson. You obviously don’t understand this. Also, there is a separate criminal investigation, as long as Buzbee isn’t releasing anything that is material to that, he is fine.

2. it’s a high profile case, it’s going to garner public attention. So quit crying about it. 22 claims is unprecedented so it’s going to make the news.

3. Do you know how long an FBI investigation takes? Apparently you don’t know this either.

4. A grand jury is active because the DA thought evidence was sufficient enough to call for it. A judge signed a search warrant for his electronic device because he or she concluded there was probable cause that a crime or crimes were committed. I am also very tired of ignorance. I’ve posted multiple times that a grand jury in Texas can be in session for up to around 24 months before charges even appear. Do your research.

1645661628916.gif

Pretty sure Hardin issued a summary statement here of counter allegations in writing that details some the ways some of the accusers may have lied and/or at the very least tailored their encounters to fit this civil suit allegations…but you go ahead and keep that narrative running…
Answers to interrogatories are usually generalized. As such, claims when investigated are commonly dispelled or shown to be of minimal significance. Depositions and trial proceeding are meant to help clarify and substantiate the claims.

Last edited:
I read that judge denied Hardin's request to delay his dep but did it go on as scheduled Tuesday?
No.

All nine plaintiffs in those cases that have already provided depositions but have not filed criminal complaints against Watson will be allowed to take Watson's deposition as soon as the attorneys' schedules allow it. The judge has said that if the attorneys don't come to an agreement on a date, she will assign one..........sometime by March 7. Those who have filed criminal charges will not be allowed to depose Watson until after April 1. Any remaining complainant who have not filed criminal complaints, but haven't been deposed, may depose Watson as soon as their depositions are taken.

Regarding Brooks' deposition, the following question has been raised. She took the 5th on all but a couple of insignificant questions. How was she able to take the 5th and still be allowed to answer some questions? The answer is that in civil depositions, a witness as opposed to the defendant can selectively choose to plead the 5th.

Regarding Brooks' deposition, the following question has been raised. She took the 5th on all but a couple of insignificant questions. How was she able to take the 5th and still be allowed to answer some questions? The answer is that in civil depositions, a witness as opposed to the defendant can selectively choose to plead the 5th.
yes I read just that in an article I researched earlier. Thanks for posting.

Multiple teams would trade for Deshaun Watson without a settlement of civil cases
Posted by Mike Florio on February 24, 2022, 7:09 AM EST

Teams are making plans to acquire veteran quarterbacks — officially as of March 16 and unofficially before then. For Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, his legal situation complicates any effort to work out a long-expected trade.
He faces two tracks, criminal and civil. His lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said Monday in open court that he expects the grand jury to make a decision regarding whether Watson will be charged with any crimes and the level of the charges (felony or misdemeanor) will be determined by April 1.

The civil cases, brought by 22 massage therapists, undoubtedly won’t be. So the question becomes whether teams would refrain from trading for Watson while the civil cases are pending.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, multiple teams are indeed willing to make the deal, as long as the criminal situation is resolved. Last year, the Dolphins insisted on settlement of all cases before a trade would be finalized. The Panthers were willing to make the deal regardless of the civil (or criminal) cases, but Watson didn’t want to waive his no-trade clause for a trade to Carolina.

The teams currently willing to do a deal without a settlement of the civil cases aren’t known. But they’re out there, lurking and strategizing and planning as the quarterback carousel prepares to spin.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Riiiiight! Florio constinues to find things to write about when there is nothing to write about.

Reactions: JB
Multiple teams would trade for Deshaun Watson without a settlement of civil cases

Teams are making plans to acquire veteran quarterbacks — officially as of March 16 and unofficially before then. For Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, his legal situation complicates any effort to work out a long-expected trade.
He faces two tracks, criminal and civil. His lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said Monday in open court that he expects the grand jury to make a decision regarding whether Watson will be charged with any crimes and the level of the charges (felony or misdemeanor) will be determined by April 1.

The civil cases, brought by 22 massage therapists, undoubtedly won’t be. So the question becomes whether teams would refrain from trading for Watson while the civil cases are pending.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, multiple teams are indeed willing to make the deal, as long as the criminal situation is resolved. Last year, the Dolphins insisted on settlement of all cases before a trade would be finalized. The Panthers were willing to make the deal regardless of the civil (or criminal) cases, but Watson didn’t want to waive his no-trade clause for a trade to Carolina.

The teams currently willing to do a deal without a settlement of the civil cases aren’t known. But they’re out there, lurking and strategizing and planning as the quarterback carousel prepares to spin.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Riiiiight! Florio constinues to find things to write about when there is nothing to write about.
Florio can’t even name one single team. An article about nothing, and I see whose team he is on.

Dan Lust well-known sports attorney says that if the DA's office has "reached out" to Hardin to discuss anything, including when the Grand Jury proceedings may conclude by April 1, it appears to be a sign that they are at least leaning towards criminal charges.

Dan Lust well-known sports attorney says that if the DA's office has "reached out" to Hardin to discuss anything, including when the Grand Jury proceedings may conclude by April 1, it appears to be a sign that they are at least leaning towards criminal charges.
I don't follow the logic. Help

Why is that likely? That's what I'm asking. Are we saying there's no other reason to contact Hardin at this point?
Well technically they could contact him if no charges were to be filed. More often than not, it’s to inform of possible pending criminal charges especially for felony cases. Being that this isn’t a case where someone is arrested right off of the street or right after a crime occurs, Watson would need to turn himself in if he is charged. The DA would reach out to let his team know, in part, of the logistics of turning himself in.

Doesn’t mean he’s hiding anything. Fact is Buzzard was going to go after him publicly no matter what hence why I said in my post “less” for him to twist, contort; playing this out in public has been his MO the entire time. Watson stands to gain nothing if he did tell his side b/c all buzzard would do is twist, contort & infer things into whatever he says that may not necessarily be there……zlike he’s gonna do ANYWAY when DW4 pleads the 5th. & with 1/2 of his clients running from their depositions, there’s just nothing of critical value for DW4 to gain by DW4 telling his side. However there a lot for him to lose…& he doesn’t even really have to misstep for that to come to fruition. It’s like playing football with you only having 9 players on offense while the defense has…….22, to bring it home.

Buzzard is in effect playing to the lowest common denominator here….like he has been all along to folks with binary ways of thinking.
Well if Derrick's as smart as some think he is then there's no way he could be lured into a trap by Buzbee.

Of course logically thinking if Derrick wasn't a dunbazz he wouldn't be in this situation, so I agree with your post. The less a dunbazz speaks the better off he is.

Last edited:
well of course but that's in a perfect world. Not everyone has same emotional make up or handle court proceedings the same. I was trained in USMC as Corrections supervisor to handle defense attorneys questions in court martials. The "every day Marine" appearing as a witness were not. Also just the number of times one does something makes it "easier".

It is the attorney "twisting" that I would be concerned about.

An NFL QB should be able to handle deposition questions. If he can't handle that little bit of pressure, how could he ever handle the pressure of a playoff game, much less a SB? 51-7

So I mostly lurk here now as I don't follow the Texans much anymore and I have not been following the Watson fiasco. But I'm up early watching Fox 26 news, and they just talked about this. Don't know if this is old news or not.

FOX 26 obtained a deposition taken on Valentine’s week in court. In the document, an NFL marketing manager representing Texans Quarterback Deshaun Watson says the Texans created a Non-Disclosure agreement for Watson, which he then gave to some of the 22 women filing a lawsuit against the QB.

So I mostly lurk here now as I don't follow the Texans much anymore and I have not been following the Watson fiasco. But I'm up early watching Fox 26 news, and they just talked about this. Don't know if this is old news or not.

FOX 26 obtained a deposition taken on Valentine’s week in court. In the document, an NFL marketing manager representing Texans Quarterback Deshaun Watson says the Texans created a Non-Disclosure agreement for Watson, which he then gave to some of the 22 women filing a lawsuit against the QB.

Burney lied

To understand why Burney's claims are to be discounted, start at post #8926 of this thread and work yourself forward.

I need the whole deposition. Because Burney testifies that DESHAUN said he got the NDAs from the Texans. So Burney cannot prove the Texans did anything at all F834CEB7-1514-4FE8-95FB-9B061D2A14D1.jpeg

In the end, NDAs cannot cover criminal activity. It will however be hilarious when Watson decides to plead the 5th, and is forced to do so across the board. Buzbee will definitely question Deshaun about where he got the NDAs from, and Watson will have to plead the 5th because he or someone else printed them from Google, and also because he cannot selectively plead the 5th to certain questions and not others due to being the defendant in a civil case. He has to do so to all. Beautiful.

It's funny how you want proof of that, but you have zero actual evidence that Watson did anything wrong and you are ready to crucify him. Oh, the irony.

I do know Watson refused the plaintiffs motion to conduct their depositions via zoom due to COVID concerns as some live out of state. Including one plaintiff who is pregnant.......So it wasn’t the plaintiffs who were stalling......

Rusty has also been refusing to provide contact information for the 18 massage therapists in support of Watson to court. He also has not provided any statements of theirs to the court. He has been ordered to do so.

Rusty has claimed in his filings that the 18 women have no knowledge or facts of the cases with the plantiffs, therefore he shouldn’t have to disclose their contact information. Judge ordered him to turn over that information.

I posted on that article when has Mike Florio ever produced any evidence of what he claims or has anything ever proven to be true.

Florio can’t even name one single team. An article about nothing, and I see whose team he is on.
Well his job is probably based on how many clicks and how much interest he can stir up.

I see him sort of like WalterFootball in that it can be entertaining if I don't use it as my only source of info.

It’s uncertain just when Watson’s legal issues will be resolved. Elizabeth Boyce, general counsel and director of policy and advocacy for the Texas Association Against Sexual Assault, said it’s common for civil lawsuits to take several months to several years to conclude.

You should be forced to go back to the very first post in this thread and read every single one!

:runaway:

E1A18C33-7806-477D-9B27-6DDD8ADACA13.jpeg
This is public information as well through the DC website. Rusty was ordered to submit their information.

Rusty wants to hide something with those 18 women. The sentence about Jasmine Brooks makes it obvious.

Last edited:
Back in March 2021 Hardin handed over a "sworn affidavit" from Bryan Burney, Watson's marketing agent, that stated that the complainant of Jan 2021 demanded $30,000 from Watson and he had her on tape.................in deposition, the tape revealed no mention of a "$30,000" demand. In the sworn affidavit, there was no alluding to the Texans supplying Watson with an NDA to give to the therapist............... in the deposition, he stated that the Texans supplied Watson with the NDA, but then he had to admit that he got that information from Watson himself.

Back