Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Selection 3.65: C.J. Fiedorowicz TE

Thumbs up or down on C.J. Fiedorowicz at 3.65

• Up

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Down

Votes: 20 20.6%

• Total voters
Thinking of Fiedo and Prosch blocking in the run game is gonna be exciting! We get to be the bully! So long finesse offense... hello smash mouth!
If this Feido turns out to be another Dave Casper we won't see any complaints about his drafting.

I seen dis guy at the airport dis dude is monster big hes like has tall or taller then gronk or Graham

Fiedorowicz wants to be all-around TE
They also drafted C.J. Fiedorowicz with the first pick in the third round, 65th overall. Listed at 6-5, and 265 pounds, Fiedorowicz is noticeably bigger than Graham and Griffin and he used that size to be recognized as one of the better blocking tight ends available in this past year's draft.

However, Fiedorowicz, has looked like much more than that through the Texans' offseason workouts and now into training camp and he's ready to prove he can handle all aspects of the tight end's job in this offense...

9. Ryan Griffin had a nice rookie season last year but it’s pretty easy to see the way the team thinks about C.J. Fiedorowicz, the rookie from Iowa. He already seems like the tight end who will be on the other side of Garrett Graham in two-tight end sets.

>>>C.J. Fiedorowicz is closing the gap between him and Ryan Griffin. After Garrett Graham, he took the majority of the first team reps today. Fiedorowicz said after practice he likes to pattern his game after Rob Gronkowski.

“I just like the way he plays,” Fiedorowicz said. “He’s a guy who can dominate the run game but also the pass game. I just like how he’s a well rounded old school tight end. He’s not afraid to get dirty.”
:logo:

Don't forget that Zach Potter is huge, too. When I was at camp I kept getting him and Feidorowicz confused.

I've been favoring Griffin over Graham for a while now. I like he and CJ are big guys with hands. Graham to me is like a big slot receiver.

I think of Graham like Mark Bruenner. A bird in the hand. I wouldn't cut him. I wouldn't spend a lot of money to keep him either. & I'm always looking for someone better.

Graham said when we re-signed him OB told him he saw him as the "move" TE in this offense.

I'll be interested to see how Graham performs in a carved out role for him.

:shades: Did you really mean that? :clown:

Cronk clone without injury/off field issues, don't you think O'Brian will build the offense around his skill set to some degree ala as he did with Patriots to make Rob Gronkowski a star and he's probably the closest comparison to Fiedorowicz already in the league?

Last edited:
If he is a Cronk clone without the injury's & off field issues don't you think O'Brian will build the offense around his skill set to some degree ala as he did with Patriots to make Rob Gronkowski a star and he's probably the closest comparison to Fiedorowicz already in the league?
If is a pretty big word.

Cronk clone without injury/off field issues, don't you think O'Brian will build the offense around his skill set to some degree ala as he did with Patriots to make Rob Gronkowski a star and he's probably the closest comparison to Fiedorowicz already in the league?

Weren't the Patriots pretty good before Gronk? Weren't they pretty good after? I mean when he gets hurt & can't finish out the season, don't the Pats continue to roll?

If you find a Gronkowski, you'd be pretty stupid not to take advantage or the advantages he gives you. But I don't think you go out looking for him & building your entire offense around him.

Weren't the Patriots pretty good before Gronk? Weren't they pretty good after? I mean when he gets hurt & can't finish out the season, don't the Pats continue to roll?

If you find a Gronkowski, you'd be pretty stupid not to take advantage or the advantages he gives you. But I don't think you go out looking for him & building your entire offense around him.
MSR! Good points!!

(on rookie TE C.J. Fiedorowicz) “He’s a big, strong, physical player. Intelligent player for a rookie.

He’s come in here and learned the system well. He’s a good blocker. He did a good job in the passing game. We’ve got to change his hands a little bit on how he catches a couple of those balls. But we’ll work on that a little bit more with him.

He caught the ball. He knew the depth of the route. He knew whether it was man or zone. So he made a big improvement off of the Arizona game. He made a big improvement and now he’s just got to keep improving. But we like what we see with him.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...n-Sunday/2fa17837-9872-44c0-98a0-0a80052ac328

Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant
OB likes Fiedorowicz for his toughness: I think he's got a chance to be a good player. He's just got to keep doing what he's doing.

C.J. Fiedorowicz will be start if Graham can't. Has impressed OB who says he's become a better blocker & improved in passing game each week.
Dale Robertson @sportywineguy
BOB: For a rookie TE, CJ has does a great job. Instinctive guy, tough kid. Well coached in college. Improved every week in passing game.

You can tell OB really likes this kid. He held back a bit of a grin when being questioned about starting the rookie, how he's handled himself so far.

Fiedorowicz is better than given credit for. He's not flashy or exciting so I get it. But he's going to be a very good player for us. He was my #1 TE target for us in this draft.

Fiedorowicz is better than given credit for. He's not flashy or exciting so I get it. But he's going to be a very good player for us. He was my #1 TE target for us in this draft.

Do we know yet if he's starting today ? I guess it hinges on the availability of Garret, and they didn't seem hopeful that he'd be able to play ?

Do we know yet if he's starting today ? I guess it hinges on the availability of Garret, and they didn't seem hopeful that he'd be able to play ?

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer
... Fiedorowicz would indeed project to the Gronk role in O'Brien's offense. Told me Gronk was the reason he asked to wear 87.

Fiedorowicz told me Friday he's watched Rob Gronkowski tape since he was at Iowa, where his position coach Aaron Hernandez's older bro DJ. ...

Per source, Texans TE Garrett Graham will not play today. That means rookie CJ Fiedorowicz is likely to get the start for Houston.

did not perform as I hoped but still a fan of his.

Did you watch or just look at the stats?

He was used primarily as a blocker when he was in and did a fantastic job. Was only targeted once in the passing game and Fitz missed him by a mile.

Did you watch or just look at the stats?

He was used primarily as a blocker when he was in and did a fantastic job. Was only targeted once in the passing game and Fitz missed him by a mile.
Right. And I watched him on a couple plays, and he did well, he's a very capable blocker. But I'm sure his ops as a receiver will come in time.

Feido was solid in his blocking assignments. I really don't think Garrett when he comes back would replace him in starting line-up, more likely Griffin, dude is a beast :inneganned:

I would have hoped for more of an impact from a 3rd round rookie on a 2-14 team. He showed a lot of receiving ability in the preseason -- was that because of vanilla defense or did Fitz just not look for him?

Blocking is ncie from a TE, but if the opposing team doesn't respect him as a receiver, it means a lot more stacked fronts

I would have hoped for more of an impact from a 3rd round rookie on a 2-14 team. He showed a lot of receiving ability in the preseason -- was that because of vanilla defense or did Fitz just not look for him?

Blocking is ncie from a TE, but if the opposing team doesn't respect him as a receiver, it means a lot more stacked fronts

I think it has more to do with Graham being the expected starter up until right before the game. C.J. wasn't part of the game plan. He filled in and did what they asked him to.

He was left in to block quite a bit. O'Brien is obviously concerned about protection and is relying on his two stud WR's to do the work and get open. I thought he did a very good job blocking. There were a few run plays to his side where he turned the DE and sealed him outside and gave Foster a huge lane off tackle. He will be more involved in the passing game as the season goes on.

Looks like we targeted the TEs just 3 times(out of 21) for 1 catch. From watching NE with Gronk/Ahern etc. I guess I was expecting more, but we played to our strengths AJ & Nuk.

21 attempts is kind of pitiful looking in today's game. Flacco had twice that. :kubepalm:

He was left in to block quite a bit. O'Brien is obviously concerned about protection and is relying on his two stud WR's to do the work and get open. I thought he did a very good job blocking. There were a few run plays to his side where he turned the DE and sealed him outside and gave Foster a huge lane off tackle. He will be more involved in the passing game as the season goes on.

I agree.

I think they want Graham to work out because they just paid him. But it's been pretty obvious to me that he's our third best TE.

I'd like to see them start rolling with C.J. and Griffin regularly.

I agree.

I think they want Graham to work out because they just paid him. But it's been pretty obvious to me that he's our third best TE.

I'd like to see them start rolling with C.J. and Griffin regularly.

I agree. I won't be surprised if we use an early pick on a move TE this year or next year. Graham is just not athletic enough to be a weapon at that position.

Looks like we targeted the TEs just 3 times(out of 21) for 1 catch. From watching NE with Gronk/Ahern etc. I guess I was expecting more, but we played to our strengths AJ & Nuk.

21 attempts is kind of pitiful looking in today's game. Flacco had twice that. :kubepalm:

Looking forward to Fiedo getting more involved as the season progresses, but throwing 22 times in a game we trailed for only about a min and a half is probably the blue print right now.

A certain QB in the pacific northwest has only averaged 25 attempts a game for his career so far. Been doin the trick for him ... idonno:

Dude needs to start thinking about selling insurance or coaching. 3 concussions in such a short period of time? Not good.

This is one of those seasons where not only are we legitimately getting injuries that could derail our season but (I believe) you can also see the HC and GM making moves that are clearly designed to build the case that the season was lost due to injuries and not due to the fact that one of them can't coach offense to save his life and the other drafts like crap. This is how you steal another year from Bob McNair in the face of complete disaster. Watch Rick carefully. He's a master at this and O'Brien will play ball if for no other reason than to keep the stink of his name when he goes job hunting.

Back