• Up

Votes: 52 72.2%
  • Down

Votes: 20 27.8%

• Total voters

Max

Veteran
Can somebody please translate? :thinking:
I translate it 'I've got the biggest set of balls on here to share my thoughts with a pack of wolves when I know I might not word those thoughts as well as I'd like'.

But yes, the thought has crossed my mind that we might want to find a way to do some match making with her and Norg.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
My point wasn't that Bouye didn't play well; it's that he turned mercenary. The Texans offered to extend him before his rookie deal was up and he turned them down and went looking for the highest bidder.

And on one hand, I don't blame him; get what you can, when you can is the American way. OTOH, I don't blame any employer for setting a limit to what they'll shell out for a given skill set. Patriots do it all the time.
Anytime a player enters FA and is looking to go to the highest bidder, the Texans are out. This is something that really bothers me about the Texans org.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Good move in my opinion and does not become guaranteed until game one 2019 so..he better come to play and hopefully not get injured again. $9 million is nothing to sneeze at.

Reactions: Max

beerlover

Hall of Fame
What other realistic option do they have now but to resign him? I’ll wager he’s gone next year in free agency and Texans spend another high pick to replace him.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
They're going to have to spend a high draft pick regardless..our corners are getting long in the tooth.

T and CB are probably going to be our first picks next draft.
I could see them doubling down at CB like the Packers did this year if K Jo doesn't give them what they hope.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
What other realistic option do they have now but to resign him? I’ll wager he’s gone next year in free agency and Texans spend another high pick to replace him.
In 2018, Johnson is in the 4th year of his rookie contract, with a base salary of $1,805,375. The Texans picked up the 5th year option (for 2019) for $9,069,000. That option is guaranteed for injury only. If they feel Johnson won't be worth the $9 million, the Texans can release him, Unless he's injured.

So, Johnson doesn't have that $9 mil in the bank, yet. He can earn it by playing like a $9 mil CB in 2018. He could also get an extension, if his play warrants such. Or he cut get released due to performance. It's a smart move by the Texans that pretty much every team makes.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
We need the help. Not crazy expensive and he was solid when not hampered by injury (quite some time ago.) It's a one year commitment. It gives us a chance to know how much jjo and kjack drop off and how good Colvin is.

Good deal. And I am still rooting for him to find his potential.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We need the help. Not crazy expensive and he was solid when not hampered by injury (quite some time ago.) It's a one year commitment. It gives us a chance to know how much jjo and kjack drop off and how good Colvin is.

Good deal. And I am still rooting for him to find his potential.
I have never seen what I would call solid/good play from KJo. Acceptable is about as far as I can go and that hasn't happened with any regularity at all.

With that said, I can see why they gave him the option, they are chasing the promise they drafted. Lets hope they aren't throwing good money after bad money.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I have never seen what I would call solid/good play from KJo. Acceptable is about as far as I can go and that hasn't happened with any regularity at all.

With that said, I can see why they gave him the option, they are chasing the promise they drafted. Lets hope they aren't throwing good money after bad money.
I believe it was maybe his rookie year where had some good flashes. Since then he's dealt with one injury after another. And maybe more importantly I think he lost his confidence. He's had some horrible games since then - I agree.

As carr bombed said, we will be after more cbs next off-season.

---- to add on the topic a bit, our pass rush should be way better then last year and our safety play will likely be better then it ever has for this franchise. All our cbs should look better then they are this year.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I believe it was maybe his rookie year where had some good flashes. Since then he's dealt with one injury after another. And maybe more importantly I think he lost his confidence. He's had some horrible games since then - I agree.

As carr bombed said, we will be after more cbs next off-season.

---- to add on the topic a bit, our pass rush should be way better then last year and our safety play will likely be better then it ever has for this franchise. All our cbs should look better then they are this year.
The safety play should go from sucks to very good if Matheiu can stay healthy and REid is what I think he is. I'm hoping, but I see alot of Quin in DeCoud. I'e got no faith in Moore and think Hal is a good 2-3 game starter if there's an injury. More than that and Hal's proven to be a liability. Unfortunately Ricky signed him to a multi yr contract, so he's going to be here for a while.

Reactions: JB

bah007

Hall of Fame

I thought Johnson was a great pick by the Texans. I thought he struggled a little bit early in his rookie year, but he also played the toughest position in the league for a rookie outside of QB. I thought he looked really good in year two before the injury. Since then, I'm right there with you. If he's not back to form this year there is no reason we can't move on.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Agent's Take: Here's a fifth-year-option forecast for every 2015 first-round draft pick

........................The fifth year is guaranteed for injury when the option is exercised. The option year becomes fully guaranteed on the first day of the league year in the fifth contract year (early to mid-March 2019 for the 2015 draft class).

Teams that pick up the option year rarely release a player before the full guarantee takes effect. Most notably, the Redskins released quarterback Robert Griffin III in early March 2016 before his $16.155 million option year became fully guaranteed. The Lions cut tight end Eric Ebron this past March to avoid his $8.25 million fifth-year salary from becoming fully guaranteed.....................................

PapaL

Loose Screw
After seeing Kevin Johnson knock himself unconscious twice in one play and with his history of injuries and concussion; this kid should walk away. I feel for his family if they were watching today’s game. It was scary. This guy is gonna kill himself and/or severely injury himself. This is bigger than football.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
After seeing Kevin Johnson knock himself unconscious twice in one play and with his history of injuries and concussion; this kid should walk away. I feel for his family if they were watching today’s game. It was scary. This guy is gonna kill himself and/or severely injury himself. This is bigger than football.
Yeah dude, someone needs to have a serious talk with the kid.

Scooter

Funky
As I said in the gameday thread, there's a point where risk outweighs reward. Young, millionaire, college education with (I assume) potential for a further degree. Be wise, frugal and work hard - and enjoy what most folks can only dream of. Being a punch-drunk 26 year old trying to remember the good ol days isn't living.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
He’s done-zo....not only b/c of the concussions..but b/c he still looks lost out there...lost after 4 years in the same system.

He has become the opposing qb’s whipping boy no matter where he is on the field...not a good look for a cb

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
Damn I only saw him stagger off the field but just saw the video. That was really bad. He needs to take some serious time off or just walk away altogether.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Yet another wasted player under the Bill O'Brien regime.

Many flashes of brilliance, never harnessed into anything tangible due to terrible development and a terrible injury history.

Time for him to save himself. Go into coaching. Do something else.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yet another wasted player under the Bill O'Brien regime.

Many flashes of brilliance, never harnessed into anything tangible due to terrible development and a terrible injury history.

Time for him to save himself. Go into coaching. Do something else.
Due to foot surgeries.

Or maybe he wasn't that good to begin with.

Another busted Ricky pick.

They will be more house cleaning this offseason. On a side note, I thought JoJo had a good game.

pirbroke

Veteran
Due to foot surgeries.

Or maybe he wasn't that good to begin with.

Another busted Ricky pick.

They will be more house cleaning this offseason. On a side note, I thought JoJo had a good game.

I thought he looked really promising at one time, was happy with the pick. But it looks like injuries have zapped this promising young man way to early. I’m really bummed about that but agree definitely time to cut the cord. He was an nice prospect and an good rick pick, injuries can’t always be predicted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
JJoe was strong yesterday. He looked more like 24 than 34.
Kareem all so had a descent game IMO.
Good game by the Beaver and how about that play by the rookie safety on Bronk towards the end of the first half ?
Anyway looks like we got some playmakers in the secondary.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
JJoe was strong yesterday. He looked more like 24 than 34.
Kareem all so had a descent game IMO.
Good game by the Beaver and how about that play by the rookie safety on Bronk towards the end of the first half ?
Anyway looks like we got some playmakers in the secondary.

Kareem had a damn good game. The secondary as a whole was pretty good except for K-jo. It was pretty clear the match ups the Pats were exploiting.

Zack Cunningham...1st TD to Gronk, numerous catches by Gronk.
K-Jo - 2nd and 3rd TD's on him
Benardrick McKinney...crucial 3rd downs given up to the FB.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
He’s done-zo....not only b/c of the concussions..but b/c he still looks lost out there...lost after 4 years in the same system.

He has become the opposing qb’s whipping boy no matter where he is on the field...not a good look for a cb
Sucks pretty hard, because I felt that he showed a lot of promise his rookie year.

texanhead08

All Pro
That's two concussions in a month I expect him to be out 2-3 weeks just to make sure he's ok going forward. If he does come back he needs to play a lot better or we need to find someone who can take this spot.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
That's two concussions in a month I expect him to be out 2-3 weeks just to make sure he's ok going forward. If he does come back he needs to play a lot better or we need to find someone who can take this spot.
That's 3 concussions in 10 months. He had one last November, also.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
With his concussion history and with the last 2 being obvious midbrain involved, that would be malpractice. He should have been held out longer than 3 weeks for his 2nd concussion.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Hurts to whiff so badly on first rounders, but dude cant comb his hair without concussing himself. Move on to coaching young man you dont want to be eating baby food and slobbering all over yourself for most of your adult life.

pirbroke

Veteran
It seems to me once you’ve had a few bad ones, it takes less of an hit the next time. Even if player stays away for an entire offseason. Is my observation correct? And if so why ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Hurts to whiff so badly on first rounders, but dude cant comb his hair without concussing himself. Move on to coaching young man you dont want to be eating baby food and slobbering all over yourself for most of your adult life.
He needs to sit his ass down & hang em' up. His dad's a physician if im not mistaken. Don't know what kind of physician, but im thinking pops may need to get in his ear. He's got alot of heart, he just isn't a starting cb in this league.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'm surprised KJo didn't get flagged for lowering his head on the play that knocked him out.