Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Screw Bud Adams...

I'm afraid that Oilers talk will continue if we keep picking up coaches that were on the World's Greatest Choke Team '92!!!

There should be a FO rule that NOBODY from that team should ever be employed by the Houston Texans. They are tainted, IMO, and our young football franchise should not have to deal with bad football karma.

*does voodoo dance to exorcise spirits* :dance: and tear down the 'dome!!

Double Barrel said:
I'm afraid that Oilers talk will continue if we keep picking up coaches that were on the World's Greatest Choke Team '92!!!

There should be a FO rule that NOBODY from that team should ever be employed by the Houston Texans. They are tainted, IMO, and our young football franchise should not have to deal with bad football karma.

*does voodoo dance to exorcise spirits* :dance: and tear down the 'dome!!

Too late, Gary Walker is a former Oiler. Tennessee Oiler.

gwallaia said:
Too late, Gary Walker is a former Oiler. Tennessee Oiler.

Drafted in '95, well after the choke from hell. :ok: (he's o.k.)

I don't mind former Oilers/Titans on our team as players/coaches.

I just don't want anyone from the infamous '92 team that will forever hold the record for greatest choke in NFL history.

Unfortunately, we have a coach now on Kubiak's staff that fits that description, and had one in Palmer, too.

I'm not superstitious or anything, but hey, why take chances. ;)

Now WWJD, where do I say YOU are a troll. Read the entire post, maybe you could fall into the closet or known Texans fan? Good thing some of them come here to post?
Good lord, it is touchy day on the Texans board. sheesh[/QUOTE]

I didn't say you said I was a troll Filo but merely used your post as an example because of the use of the word "troll"....the Cowboy fans I see on here aren't trolls but maybe I'm unclear on the definition of that word. Doesn't matter...not worth causing a stir....no offense intended.

Double Barrel said:
I just don't want anyone from the infamous '92 team that will forever hold the record for greatest choke in NFL history.

Unfortunately, we have a coach now on Kubiak's staff that fits that description, and had one in Palmer, too.

I'm not superstitious or anything, but hey, why take chances. ;)
I am superstiitious and in some way feel the Texans are cursed much like the Redsox were for trading Babe Ruth.

How you might ask?

Taking Tony B in the expansion draft and passing on Matthews. I know what you are thinking, "But Matthews was apart of that '92 team!" True. However he was alson part of the music city miracle and all football jinx's were broken that day. He was clean. So instead of letting Matthews retire in Houston were he belonged he retires a Titan and Tony B never ever suits up or take one snap as a Texan.

Never has this team has a decent line.

Scary hugh?

Responding to the dumping on Moon and teammates for the 92 debacle. Watched the game and when Houston came out in the 2nd half and scored off the interception to make the score 35 - 3, something in Pardee said let's not run the score up on this team, according to some ficticous Coaching Guideline Handbook. I knew this game was doomed the moment he changed the offense from the Run-N-Shoot to a grind it out running attack!!!! Even the announcers in the booth, questioned this move on national tv, because Houston carried no TE's on the roster.

I hold Pardee and staff completely responsible for this blunder. I'm a firm believer that when you have a team down, you crush their spirit and take away all motivation for a comeback. I was so pissed, because a very good friend of mine scored us Super Bowl tickets, so instead of seeing Houston vs Dallas, I got to watch Dallas blow out Buffalo. That was also the season, Houston slapped Dallas around on Turkey Day. Dallas had no answer for that offense.

My post was in regards to our Oiler history and how Bud took that history with him, when Tenn. wanted nothing to do with it. All that pain associated with the Oilers, is still the fans and should be returned to the City of Houston.

By the way, why did the thread get moved again, this is about Houston Football. It should have remained in the Bull Pen.

On a much more serious note, I just want to know who would possibly want to screw Bud Adams anyway?

Somebody hasn't posted in a week. Guess who it is. Somebody should send her an Oilers post card or something. :)

I think we take these things way too seriously. Can you tell? :wacko:

I have been missed, didn't know that someone has been keeping tabs on my posting. :spy: Sorry, it has been the flu bug and REAL life, not your beloved Oilers that have kept me away. Thinking anything else is quite comical.
Send me an Oiler card, Hjam. I'll send you back something Packer Green. :)

Put this to bed people. It is done, move along.

Back