Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Schaub to AJ for first probowl touchdown/Schaub pro-bowl MVP

Ok, Matt, you've proven you're a super star, now it's time to sit down and relax the rest of the game.

Just imagine what happens to us if we shore up the O-line, getting Matt more protection in the pocket and opening holes for a running game.

I was thinking the same thing. Man he's accurate!

Can't believe there are still morons who still think we should have drafted him. No blitzes allowed, only base defenses allowed, no bump and press coverage and he still can't get it in the end zone.

Can't believe there are still morons who still think we should have drafted him. No blitzes allowed, only base defenses allowed, no bump and press coverage and he still can't get it in the end zone.

Game winner.

It's nice to know that the talking heads are still blown away by VY's W/L record and cannot tell that he doesn't really know how to throw the football.

It's nice to know that the talking heads are still blown away by VY's W/L record and cannot tell that he doesn't really know how to throw the football.

Thats one of the thing that gets to me the most about the guy. How many other QBs W-L record are brought up when they are trying to be made look good? I bet none of those commentators could tell you Maning's, or Brady's W-L record of the top of their head. Just my opinion.

Exactly. He may be more athletic than Matt, but Matt is 10 times smarter. VY can scramble his behind off, and hope that his recievers are not being triple covered, but I just don't see him as a fantastic qb.

And, at the end of the day, VY wants more than anything to be a Texan and to play in his hometown. And he never, ever will. It's eating him alive, I'm sure. I'm happy with that.

Thats one of the thing that gets to me the most about the guy. How many other QBs W-L record are brought up when they are trying to be made look good? I bet none of those commentators could tell you Maning's, or Brady's W-L record of the top of their head. Just my opinion.

I agree. The defense of him is always the simple-minded: "He just wins." Well, ok. I'm the first to admit that the only thing that matters in the NFL is winning.

However, people imply that Vince is this otherworldly superhero qb that single-handedly wins games. He does not. He has a lot of help from his coaches and his recievers and his line.

If you want to look at a "He just wins" superhero-type of qb, look no further than Indianapolis.

I agree. The defense of him is always the simple-minded: "He just wins." Well, ok. I'm the first to admit that the only thing that matters in the NFL is winning.

However, people imply that Vince is this otherworldly superhero qb that single-handedly wins games. He does not. He has a lot of help from his coaches and his recievers and his line.

If you want to look at a "He just wins" superhero-type of qb, look no further than Indianapolis.

True. As much as I dislike "The Forehead" he does just win.

True. As much as I dislike "The Forehead" he does just win.

People have told me I should root against Peyton Manning because I'm a Texan fan and should hate him. Yes, I root against them when they play us, but as a football fan the guy is amazing to watch. I don't necessarily root FOR the Colts, but I like watching him play.

He's so good it's almost boring. "Oh look. The Colts are down 100 points with 3 minutes left in the fourth. How many audibiles will Peyton call to win this game?"

People have told me I should root against Peyton Manning because I'm a Texan fan and should hate him. Yes, I root against them when they play us, but as a football fan the guy is amazing to watch. I don't necessarily root FOR the Colts, but I like watching him play.

He's so good it's almost boring. "Oh look. The Colts are down 100 points with 3 minutes left in the fourth. How many audibiles will Peyton call to win this game?"

I am the same way with my son. I don't want them to win, and we can certianly lay the wood when we are playing the Colts, but I also make sure my son knows that Manning is the best QB in the league and probably the best one he's going to see for a long time. There are some really good QBs out there, but what he does on the field mentally and physically is top shelf.

What did he say? I'm back and forth between the Pro Bowl and the Rockets game. I assume you mean Jared Allen?

Yes, J. Allen. They had them Mic'd up, and he was saying "they always jump out to an early lead. He's out there like Peyton Manning just flinging it around on us." or something similar.

Yes, J. Allen. They had them Mic'd up, and he was saying "they always jump out to an early lead. He's out there like Peyton Manning just flinging it around on us." or something similar.

He said "they always jump out to an early lead, but usually that's because Peyton is out there flinging the ball around."

[just got here] Nice job by Schaub. I actually screamed when he and AJ hooked up early. Maybe a Pro Bowl first for me. I did notice as some of you guys did that when VY came in the AFC suddenly wanted to run the ball with the occasional screen pass thrown in for good measure.

I saw Schaub talking to Marshall after the second TD and I have one question for ABC/ESPN. If you go to the trouble of miking these guys, show them on the sidelines talking to one another, would it be too much to ask if you could tell Jaws and Gruden to STFU while we are trying to hear what they are saying to on another?

Actually though all in all I'm glad the game is on, half-assed Pro Bowl or not. I just can't watch the Grammy's anymore....lol

That was fun watching Schaub in the game. Looked like he's gonna hang out with Brandon Marshall in Detroit for some reason.

And VY underthrows his receiver for an easy pick. Why was this guy picked for this game again? Because he rode the shirttails of Chris Johnson for his wins?

VY and his amazing 1800 yards passing enjoys throwing interceptions!
Time for the Schaub to come back in.

You guys see what Scaubie can do with a running back like Chris Johnson?

I can already hear it........

Houston Texans select C.J. Spiller RB Clemson

Schaub in, AFC up. VY, the Titan starter next year...lol. I have an idea. When we play them we don't blitz and only put out about 50% effort. Seems Vince can't handle that type of torture.

IMO the Cowboy secondary in attendance has been getting burned pretty good too. If the game is being played at 50% effort, the Cowboys are running at about 40%.

I think the PB isn't that serious to be comparing players...honestly. I mean no one is upset that Ware sacked Schaub too.

But the secondary stuff is weak. Jenkins is young and will be a stud. Newman sucks to start with.

Back