Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Sage for 1 Game.

Carr has taken Palmers roll on this messageboard.

after every loss I have lost count how many times there were fire Palmer posts.

now Carr is the scapegoat.

Well Palmer has proven that he really did not lose it . When Bill Parcell hires you thats a ringing endorsement and makes me think it was the pupil not the teacher .

To one of the member's points this is about the Texans. If the season continues to go south what would it hurt to develop our second stringer with a full start. The Browns game would not hurt anyone in my opinion if we cannot post two wins in the next three weeks.

Are you kidding? :snobord:

Wow, I don't know why but it amazes me that we have to continue reading the same posts in the same threads 7 days a week for the last 5 years. Everyone rehashes the exact same comments from a similar thread. Don't you guys ever get tired of the same old banter......dang it I already answered my question. And whether all here like it or not Kubiak is going to stick with Carr. He apparently likes what he is seeing for the most part. Lets all look back to Kubiaks very first Presser when he said that this team had a long way to go. Personally, I don't care if everyone here is tired of hearing about patience, and that this is our 5th year and blah blah blah. The reality is that we were 2-14 last year for a reason. WE STUNK something fierce. This year we still stink, and next year we may just smell like we havent taken a bath that morning. But when it comes down to it, the team and David are better, and I see promise ut our coaching staff is new and they need more than 10 games or 1 season or even 2 seasons to get the personel that they need to make this team a winner. So I am not going to say anything esle except everyone needs to swallow the realistic pill and watch the coaching staff either make this team better or fall on their faces (again) over the next few seasons.

Well Palmer has proven that he really did not lose it . When Bill Parcell hires you thats a ringing endorsement and makes me think it was the pupil not the teacher .
oh so what does that say about kubiak and Reeves and their "endorsement" of Carr (by not drafting Cutler or VY when they had the chance)

maybe so, but like for Kubiak.. He's was coaching a super bowl caliber team, why would he put his reputation/career in the hands of someone (Carr) if he really didn't believe him. And he had the option of not resigning Carr and drafting for the future, but chose to resign Carr... I don't buy it. If that was so Carr would have never been benched against the Titans.

and yes I understand that an assistant coach wants to move to a head coaching job, I buy that, I just don't buy that he had every opportunity to not extend Carr's stay here.. Unless the ego card is played.

So are you saying that if we took the Wonder Women rope of truth and tied up Kubiak ( I'd loved to have been tied up by Wonder Women as a teen ) that he would say everything is how I thought it would be after 10 games concerning Carr .

So are you saying that if we took the Wonder Women rope of truth and tied up Kubiak ( I'd loved to have been tied up by Wonder Women as a teen ) that he would say everything is how I thought it would be after 10 games concerning Carr .

More likely he would say, "I'm disappointed in the progress I've made with Carr".

I think he thought he could build on Carr's athleticism, but I also think he may not like what he is seeing now.

Houston Texans is an entertainment business and I dont' think McNair got rich by hanging onto his favorite people if they weren't doing the job. I don't believe McNair said.."hey, you can have this job, but Carr stays" and if he did, well i would be suprised.

I think after 4 years and a 2-14 year in the 4th year, McNair wouldn't be so nieve to handcuff a coach.

And If the coach was nieve to say whatever just to get the job and didn't believe in the quarterback esp after having a choice with some with the #1 pick in the draft, well this is the NFL (Not For Long if that is the case)

and who knows maybe Kubiak thought Carr was the best option over VY,Leinart or Cutler.

More likely he would say, "I'm dispappointed in the progress I've made with Carr".

I think he thought he could build on Carr's athleticism, but I also think he may not like what he is seeing now.

you may be right and if that is the case the Houston Texans are in deep trouble,because I would assume that he doesn't like what he sees out of sage either to make him a starter.

(it is all about the wins)

I got to listen to a little of the John McClain show yesterday and he thinks if Carr's not the answer then its Sage next year and draft a young guy . I know its the obvious but McClain says Kubiak really likes Sage .

Back