Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Safety Kendrick Lewis

no way does manning get cut. his still a very solid contributor for this team.

I soured on Manning before I soured on Jjo... I'd cut him.

i suspect that we'll go into the season with Manning, Swearinger, Keo, Lewis and pleseant as our safeties. which is pretty good really

I think Keo was one of those, "the coaches are too invovled in the draft" picks. I don't think he'll make the team.

How does Crennel handle the safties in his defense, who knows ?

Good question.

Lewis had numerous nagging lower limb injuries in his earlier career. But December 2011, he sustained a torn pectoral muscle and required major shoulder reconstructive surgery in January 2012 (likely other structures were involved). Later that year, in a preseason game, he re-injured that same shoulder (purportedly another type of injury) which did not go to surgery. However, he ended up missing 7 games during that season. Since this last re-injury, he has not resembled anywhere close to the player he was prior. Last year's pass defense and INTs have been quite contrasting to preinjury level. It's awfully difficult to PD and INT when you can't raise your arms quickly and fully. It would not surprise me if he has continued to rehab, trying to put off a necessary secondary surgery.

A study of NFL players demonstrated that despite surgery and prolonged rehab, a Grade III shoulder pectoral muscle tear (which is the only only that would typically require surgery) will leave a significant percentage of these players with significant strength deficits. Furthermore, additional limitations of range of motion may result.

Hence the dropoff from his promising 2010-11 production to the lesser 2012-on. Crennel was HC for 2012.

I think Keo was one of those, "the coaches are too invovled in the draft" picks. I don't think he'll make the team.

Good question.

My buddy who is a hardcore Chiefs fan said RAC uses his Safeties as generally 2 deep and will blitz them on occasion

Your man... Pots and pans

Good question.

manning's contract isnt great but there is no one better out there at the moment. his cap isnt killing us so thats why i keep him.

Keo has been steadily improving each year i dont think you cut players like that, he will be valuable on STs and depth

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Kendrick Lewis one-year Texans deal: $795,000, $730,000 salary, $65,000 roster bonus, $35,000 of base salary guaranteed

So Lewis & Powe = $35,000 guaranteed money.
Bag_Of_Peanuts.png

Heard on the radio this morning that if Shilo Keo is 5 outta 10, then Kendrick Lewis is like a 5.3...

KC Fans say that rating is too high for Kendrick Lewis because he is complete garbage....

Must be a Romeo guy...

Houston a 2nd home for Lewis after hurricane Katrina

A young, scared Kendrick Lewis had his eyes glued to the television screen.

The new Texan was just 17-years-old in late August of 2005 when Hurricane Katrina ripped through and demolished his hometown of New Orleans. He had already evacuated to Houston with his uncle, whom he had been living with at the time, and his mom fled to Georgia, but Lewis hadn’t been able to contact some of his other relatives.

So he did the only thing he could: he watched the television, hoping and praying for a glimpse to know they were safe.

And finally, it came. He spotted his family boarding a Greyhound bus out of downtown New Orleans, away from the devastation.

“It was a big relief,” Lewis said. “I was sitting there crying back and forth, my uncle’s trying to keep me calm. But at the same time, I still had faith. I was just watching the news knowing that the news was filming the area that I was from. I was like man, ‘if I’ma see them, I’ma see them on this news, and I sat there and just constantly, constantly watched them and I just saw them getting on the bus.”

The reporter on the news program said the bus was heading for Houston and Reliant Stadium, so Lewis was there when it arrived.
“(Houston) showed us major love,” Lewis said. “A family took my grandmother and them in that didn’t know them from Adam and Eve. They took them in with welcome arms and treated us like we were (family), fed us day in and day out, no complaints. And whenever we were able and my grandmother (was) able to get on their feet and make the move to get out of their house, that’s when they let it be done. But as much as we needed them, they were there for us.”
It’s just special for Lewis to get a chance to play in and for a city that meant and still means so much to him.

“That’s why I say, man, everything happens for a reason, man,” Lewis said. “And God has a plan for you and can’t nothing change it. All the chips fell where they may. I thought about it and everything that I put into as far as making this decision here, it all was positives. It was nothing negative about me making this move in free agency to come here. I just went with my heart, went with my gut and I made the decision.”

Back